PDA

View Full Version : Gibson from Fox News "lies" about Paul

winston_blade
05-16-2007, 08:01 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/index.html

OK, this is an outright lie about Ron Paul's stance. He hasn't ever said that it is an inside job. Fox news really hates this guy. Gibson is also the mental giant that says, "white people need to make more babies" in response to there being more hispanic children being born in this country than white children. Malkin also proved she doesn't understand politics, common sense, or that you shouldn't lie about someone on national television.

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Michelle Malkin was just as bad. I used to respect her.

She flat out lied about what he related to at the debate.

Here is the direct link to the video: http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

"Apparently since Ron Paul pointed out at the GOP debate that US foreign policy may have had a hand in provoking terrorists to attack on 9/11, this means that he believes that 9/11 was an inside job. That's right, Ron Paul is now a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. Now that is one hell of a spin!"

NMCB3
05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Its the establishment smear machine in action.

winston_blade
05-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Should we write Gibson and Malkin?

sweetmusicj
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
All I can say is...wow.

I've NEVER seen such disregard for the truth in reporting. I'm stunned.:eek:

They have to be scared to start this smear campaign.

Holy crap.

Gee
05-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, thats... Wow. I already sent them an email informing them of their error and asking for a correction and appology.

NMCB3
05-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I`ve never seen such a blatant misrepresentation of the truth in my life. Actually, I probably see it all the time without realizing it! They probably lie about everything on a daily basis! This is an orchestrated misinformation campaign! I`m blown away! They are outright liars.

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Should we write Gibson and Malkin?

I wrote my first nasty email during this campaign to Malkin. She has become the scum she used to blog against.

vertesc
05-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't see anything there. The link is to the politics front page. Can you link to the article directly? Or quote from the video?

cujothekitten
05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I just wrote them and reminded them that he spent the night talking about OBL... How can he think our government did it and terrorists at the same time?

sweetmusicj
05-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't see anything there. The link is to the politics front page. Can you link to the article directly? Or quote from the video?

On the right click Rudy Giuliani vs. Ron Paul over 9/11

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM

Go to this page: http://www.foxnews.com/video/0,4861,1,00.html

Click on the video labeled 'Fiery Debate' under Politics with a photo of Giuliani and Paul on it.

Teflon Master
05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow, that is completely absurd. I am alerting everything immediately, including alternate news outlets to Fox News.

sweetmusicj
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Please share any tips to help spread the word about Fox News LIES.

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Here is the direct link to email to your friends.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

Anyone know how to save a copy of this video?

Teflon Master
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I just tipped Matt Drudge, does anyone know other sites where we can do this, even CNN or MSNBC.

Brandybuck
05-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I wrote my first nasty email during this campaign to Malkin.
Don't do that! We must not stoop to the level of Guiliani. We must not give the media ANY ammunition. We must be open, honest, fair and kind in all things. I know it is hard. I know some of these statists deserve a good drubbing, but let's let the votes do the drubbing. That's the sweetest revenge.

When the Lamont supporters targeted Leiberman (one rich big government politician versus another), they were hostile, sarcastic, deceitful, rude and mean. In the most extreme ways possible. But they got a phyrric victory, for Lieberman ended up in even a stronger position.

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Don't do that! We must not stoop to the level of Guiliani. We must not give the media ANY ammunition. We must be open, honest, fair and kind in all things. I know it is hard. I know some of these statists deserve a good drubbing, but let's let the votes do the drubbing. That's the sweetest revenge.

When the Lamont supporters targeted Leiberman (one rich big government politician versus another), they were hostile, sarcastic, deceitful, rude and mean. In the most extreme ways possible. But they got a phyrric victory, for Lieberman ended up in even a stronger position.

Too late...

I called her a liar and told her I had zero respect for her. That's about as nasty as it got... :p

tnvoter
05-16-2007, 10:57 PM
bump for sending email.

propanes
05-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I was able to download the Fox video you asked about. It's a 25mb flash video. I used the url sniffer software in the link bellow.
http://www.streamingstar.com/

Here is the direct link to email to your friends.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

Anyone know how to save a copy of this video?

Melchior
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Fox News discusses Ron Paul is second debate, and people who advocate 9/11 conspiracy theories... in the same video... (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News)

Wow... just, wow.

I've seen Fox News (and other MSM outlets) report with bias, misrepresent, ignore and even bend the truth a little. And when Ron Paul made that comment it was taken as "9/11 is America's fault," which is not what he said, but it's an understandable misconception.

But this video, this is the first time I've seen such a blatant lie. I mean literally, they are fucking lying about what Ron Paul said, and I know it's a lie and not just a misunderstanding about it's not that hard to understand what he said. When people say Fox News lies I always took it as an exaggeration of their bias and not literally. But this is a literal lie.

He was talking about the ramifications of foreign policy, NOT conspiracy theories. How are they even remotely similar?

Shit this is pissing me off!:mad:

winston_blade
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Fox News discusses Ron Paul is second debate, and people who advocate 9/11 conspiracy theories... in the same video... (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News)

Wow... just, wow.

I've seen Fox News (and other MSM outlets) report with bias, misrepresent, ignore and even bend the truth a little. And when Ron Paul made that comment it was taken as "9/11 is America's fault," which is not what he said, but it's an understandable misconception.

But this video, this is the first time I've seen such a blatant lie. I mean literally, they are fucking lying about what Ron Paul said, and I know it's a lie and not just a misunderstanding about it's not that hard to understand what he said. When people say Fox News lies I always took it as an exaggeration of their bias and not literally. But this is a literal lie.

He was talking about the ramifications of foreign policy, NOT conspiracy theories. How are they even remotely similar?

Shit this is pissing me off!:mad:

Yeah, I posted that a while ago, but it gets me angry everytime I watch it. I honestly think that he would have the grounds to sue over that.

JoshLowry
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Here is the thread on it. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230

I am going to merge your post over there in a few minutes.

Here is the video: http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

NMCB3
05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Yep, Its blatant misinformation, shocking really. Makes you wonder about how many other story's are lies as well. I`ll bet more than a few. Its not just FOX, they all do it.

rpliving
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Yep i saw this video. That women thinks Ron Paul should be out of the debates because he was on Alex Jones radio show. The interview had no mention of 9/11

Melchior
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Here is the thread on it. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230

I am going to merge your post over there in a few minutes.

Here is the video: http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?051607/051607_bs_911debate&Fiery%20Debate&Big_Story&Rudy%20Giuliani%20squares%20off%20with%20Rep.%20Ro n%20Paul%20about%209/11%20at%20GOP%20debate&Politics&-1&Fiery%20Debate&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

Ah, sorry. I saw that thread but the link didn't lead me to the video I posted (still doesn't).

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you posted a direct link...

winston_blade
05-17-2007, 01:16 PM
EDIT: Here is the video ~ http://youtube.com/watch?v=SW4DgZH8PJM

I didn't see Ron say anything like the gov't was behind 9/11.

rpliving
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I didn't see Ron say anything like the gov't was behind 9/11.

That because he didnt.

NMCB3
05-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I wrote her a letter, I tried to keep it civil.

Michelle, I watched you on The Big Story, and all I can say is Wow your good. I mean the way you took Ron Pauls comments on foreign policy, and without missing a beat spun them around and proclaimed that he is a "truther" was impressive. I have to say I watched the debate, and read the transcript, noting no such comments., but then maybe I just missed it.

Why does Dr Paul appearing on a certain radio show disqualify him from a debate? As you know politicians appear on talk shows all the time, even "top teir" Republicans. You know such slimy talk shows as Howard Stern, Imus, Hannity, and nuts like Glen Beck and Michael Savage. Why don`t you do a hit peice on those politicians. I`m sure many anointed republicans go on the liberal "nutcase" shows also, but I must confess I`ve never listened to them.

I`ve never heard Ron Paul proclaim that 911 was an inside job. Is talking to people who do, however misguided those people may be, a crime? Since you are so out of touch with reality let me enlighten you. Many, many ordinary people are distrustful of the government. Why do you think that is? Maybe you can "investigate" that. Furthermore, FOX NEWS has such slimy characters as Dick Morris, Oliver North, Heraldo, The liar Bill Kristol, I can go on forever. Yet people who illegally sell arms to Iran and then lie to Congress about it seem to be fine in your eyes. They even get their own show.

In closing I have lost all respect for you and FOX NEWS. I was an avid watcher, but not after the Ron hit piece, and the dare I say concerted effort by neoconservitive bloggers, MSM and radio hosts to discredit him. Ron Paul was the only real conservative on that stage. The "top three" are pure phonies. Those guys by virtue of their voting records alone are not worthy of being republicans. I`ve had enough of the Republican party, You do not represent conservative principles.

Captain Shays
05-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Glen Beck absolutly stomped on the name of Ron Paul. He really needs to be kicked in the nuts IMO

Korey Kaczynski
05-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Could these people be sued for defamation? I know the RP campaign doesn't have enough money but this seems to be bordering on anti-defamation laws.

Korey Kaczynski
05-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Tell John what you think.

Do you have a comment for John Gibson? Let him know what is on your mind : Email John at john.gibson@foxnews.com or better yet call him directly on the radio program between 6pm and 9pm Eastern time. 1-866-868-6861 it's free. Come on , see if you can get him excited tonight.

cujothekitten
05-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Gawd Fox is so dumb. They probably could be sued for slander since Ron spent most of the debate talking about terrorism and how they attacked us on 9/11. Kind of hard to think it was an inside job when you say OBL was responsible.

CountryB4Party
05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Greeting to all. I would like to share a post that I posted alst night on the MeetUp board. The information may assist with your efforts on the ground.

Yours in liberty,
Dena

From my post in a similar thread at MeetUp:

On another media note, the FOX "report" (and I use that term ever so lightly) with Michelle Milkin was absolutely brilliant from a marketing perspective, in my professional opinion. I laugh at the unabashed desperation that is obviously driving them to engage in such well-executed smear tactics (including strategically placed visual graphic associations) so early in the game. Gotta give 'em props for that effort, but overcome by their enthusiam to nail the mission, they went so far out there with the lies and spin that it makes them incredibly obvious.

We all just need laugh it off (because that is all it deserves) and keep the focus.

By the by, for anyone needing to counter this at the grassroots level, Dr. Paul did not align himself with Student Truth Scholars; they aligned themselves with him. In fact, if you watch the video, this Student Truth Scholar approached Dr. Paul at a New Hampshire house party fund raiser (nothing to do with 9-11 Truth) and had to introduce himself and explain his organization.

http://www.youtube.co...

Regarding Alex Jones, Dr. Paul has been interviewed by Alex Jones where Dr. Paul discussed the following: predicted changes after the Democrats 'taking back' Congress; immigration and guest worker issues; Constitutional position; the possibility of global economic depression; the Patriot Act and the Defense Authorization Act; open borders and the North American Union; Dr. Paul's exploratory committee, his bid for presidency and the Iraq House Resolution in February...and this was all in two interviews. Whew...not once did I hear a mention about 9-11, much less "conspiracy theories". It really makes me laugh.

For reference, the interviews can be found on You Tube and each interview is in several parts.

Dr. Paul did specifically state to Alex Jones about the reason he agreed to be interviewed: "one thing I like about you and your audience is that you have an understanding of (the need for) our protections of our civil liberties at home."

So, there you have it guys. FOX's spin unraveling. FOX's outlandish claims are nothing more than frightened, baseless spin. As Dr. Paul does, please also do in your efforts: show the truth and let it speak for itself.

Best to all,
dena

Country before Party. Vote the Issues.
Ron Paul for President 2008

chandlerLBT
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
since this is an outright lie, will ron paul be able to file a slander suit if FOX decides not to apologize publicly for smearing the good name of him?

i'm only an 18 year old senior in high school, but i'm pretty sure that was definately a clear disregard for the truth, which is not protected to the press by the first amendment.

JoshLowry
05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
since this is an outright lie, will ron paul be able to file a slander suit if FOX decides not to apologize publicly for smearing the good name of him?

i'm only an 18 year old senior in high school, but i'm pretty sure that was definately a clear disregard for the truth, which is not protected to the press by the first amendment.

Could these people be sued for defamation? I know the RP campaign doesn't have enough money but this seems to be bordering on anti-defamation laws.

It would be interesting to call his campaign headquarters for a comment. I know that his eldest grandson posts on here. I will shoot him a pm and see if he can comment on it rather than tie up their phone lines.

vertesc
05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Absolutely incredible.

BTW, there wouldn't need to be much cost for lawyers. Fox would throw a lot of money at the lawsuit, but as long as you could keep it going until the primaries, that's effectively a win.

Plus, it's hard evidence. I mean, seriously. I don't care how slick your lawyer is, you really can't get past lying about publicly documented video.