PDA

View Full Version : Obama says "Nobody is more worried about the deficit and the debt than me"

qh4dotcom
02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Ok, he said that in January 2009, shortly after he took office.

"I will be judged by the legacy I have left behind. I don't want to leave our children with a legacy of debt. I am inheriting an annual yearly debt of over one trillion,"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jJ1p94MQr43ME7e0gWAS8TWH9JgA

Bruno
02-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Right.....

http://i49.tinypic.com/35akbb4.jpg

angelatc
02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
(Insert Joe Wilson joke here)

MelissaWV
02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
...than I.

Bruno
02-05-2010, 01:00 PM
...than I.

very true. But he "has the highest I.Q. of any president!" :rolleyes:

Romulus
02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I am inheriting an annual yearly debt of over one trillion

see what he did there....

"BUT it's not my fault!!"

Keep blaming Bush, Mr. O - its working great!

qh4dotcom
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Bump

MelissaWV
02-05-2010, 04:26 PM
very true. But he "has the highest I.Q. of any president!" :rolleyes:

The President and I have roughly the same IQ. As I recall from the test, this means that he and I have an uncanny ability to put pictures in order, give definitions for words we probably have not heard before, and turn and arrange blocks in order to mimic a pattern shown on a flashcard. I don't really like those tests.

Any measure of intelligence must be tempered with the caveat that real intelligence will always be tied to adaptability. You could be an absolute idiot, know almost nothing, but if when the shit hits the fan you know how to hunt for yourself, treat the kills, and forage without killing yourself, you just became one of the smartest people on the planet. Someone with an IQ approaching 300 may still manage to, while they are waxing poetic about the motion of the heavenly bodies and solving complex physics questions, trip over a twig and fall into a patch of poison ivy. They might remedy this by leaping into the nearest lake, where an alligator will make a meal out of them as readily as they would have made one out of the yokel who is patiently waiting for his chance to poke the genius' remains with a stick once the gator's done.

jkr
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!

ha!ha!
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!
ha!ha!

ha!

ha!
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!

did he say...ha!ha!ha!

ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!

Bruno
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
The President and I have roughly the same IQ. As I recall from the test, this means that he and I have an uncanny ability to put pictures in order, give definitions for words we probably have not heard before, and turn and arrange blocks in order to mimic a pattern shown on a flashcard. I don't really like those tests.

Any measure of intelligence must be tempered with the caveat that real intelligence will always be tied to adaptability. You could be an absolute idiot, know almost nothing, but if when the shit hits the fan you know how to hunt for yourself, treat the kills, and forage without killing yourself, you just became one of the smartest people on the planet. Someone with an IQ approaching 300 may still manage to, while they are waxing poetic about the motion of the heavenly bodies and solving complex physics questions, trip over a twig and fall into a patch of poison ivy. They might remedy this by leaping into the nearest lake, where an alligator will make a meal out of them as readily as they would have made one out of the yokel who is patiently waiting for his chance to poke the genius' remains with a stick once the gator's done.

I completely agree. However, what is his IQ that you are comparing to yours? I checked and found estimates from 116-176, but no where is there any documentation to prove one way or the other.