PDA

View Full Version : the RUN FOR LIBERTY

PaulBoth
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
On Jan 9th I started my journey, running from CA to NY in the name of Liberty! Me along with my friend Chris Swenson, who is riding his bike are 28 days and 520 miles closer to New York. We are averaging 25 miles a day while spreading the message of Less Government, Free Markets, Sound Money and just for a little fun, Craft Beer (American made:).

We attended and spoke at our first Tea Party meeting in Payson Arizona last night. Great bunch of people!! We are hoping to meet up with many more groups along the way. We are headed for Albuquerque and due to arrive on Feb. 20th.

Our website is www.runforliberty.com

Paul

ronpaulhawaii
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Paul :) - great you joined.

When do you get to ABQ, NM? and are you going through Winslow, AZ?

Would be great if you get the time to post your updates into this thread. A lot of folk find this place a one stop shop... You only have to post a youtube link for it to embed itself.

Stay safe out there and I hope to drive down to meet when you get to ABQ.

:)

malkusm
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Paul, good to hear from you!

I joined as a fan on Facebook a few weeks ago, and I've been keeping up with your updates there. How are you guys doing financially? I know that the members of these forums did what we could to contribute to Michael (RPH) last year in his bike ride....I'm sure they would do the same for you guys if you're in need.

Not sure what your route is, but if you're planning on going through VA/MD in a few months, let me know and I'll see if I can set up arrangements for you guys....keep up the good work! :)

malkusm
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Bump for exposure!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-05-2010, 08:52 PM
How are you guys doing financially? I know that the members of these forums did what we could to contribute to Michael (RPH) last year in his bike ride....I'm sure they would do the same for you guys if you're in need.

this.

Also, images of Forest Gump came to mind :D How cool would it be to get TV News exposure because you had a 100 patriots running behind you at certain legs of your journey. Wish you were coming closer to Houston!

ronpaulhawaii
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
YouTube - Paul's vLog: Why I'm running from CA to NY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVVp1II_ekI)

PaulBoth
02-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you guys. We are in a section of Arizona with no 3g or cell coverage. Our support trailer "The Galt Mobile" broke a leaf spring in Christopher Creek and we had to drive back to Payson to see about getting it fixed. Hopefully, I will still be able to get some miles in today.

Anyway, Michael, the plan is to be in Albuquerque on Feb. 20th. Onc we get out to route 66, I am going to try and step up the mileage closer to 30 a day to get there. Also, thank you for posting my vLog on why I'm doing this. It was tough to do, but I felt it was important to let people know why I am going on strike or "going Galt" for the next 4 odd months.

I think it would be AMAZING if some other people went on strike as well. Can you imagine the impact that would have? Run, ride, walk or even drive with us, all the way to the Statue of Liberty!

Matt and Nate,I appreciate the thought on the support. Right now, this is self financed. I chose to sell a good portion of my studio equiptment (I am a sound engineer in the film and TV industry) to do this run. I have a sizable tax debt and though I have never missed a payment, the IRS required me to tell them my income and expenses an then told me what I had to pay every month. The amount was so high that I couldn't see continuing my business, since some of my gear needed upgrading. I know my story is NOT unique.

Having said all of that, we are not looking for donations. we do however welcome sponsors :) I explain it better, here on the website

http://www.paulboth.net/RunForLiberty/run_for_liberty.html/lobbyists.html

If people would like to help, I would just ask that people spread the word and if you happen to be in our path, maybe a friendly place to park our trailer and if you can, come out and run or ride with us.

Thank you Matt, for following on facebook!! As you know, I post updates, pictures and running data there and twitter as well. The links to those are on the our site
www.runforliberty.com
I will definitely start posting updates here as well. I usually have coverage :)

I am excited to meet fellow patriots as we cross this beautiful country of ours!

ronpaulhawaii
02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Hope the spring is fixed... We'll have to catch up with you sometime before you get to Tucumcari, I'll be in DC. 17th through 23rd... Much respect on the vid. I recognize the landscape behind you and know how real things can become out there... Thanks for sharing.

We'll be in Gallup on the 16th for a convention, that week is going to be pretty crazy, but we may cross paths out there. Otherwise, we have a volunteer base out there and will give a heads up...

PaulBoth
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey Michael

I hope that some of those dates work out. That would be great to see you and meet you in person. Unfortunately, the leaf spring we bought was the wrong size, so we are stranded in Christopher Creek for another day. Very frustrating, but, if there is one thing I am learning on this journey, is how little control I have over certain things :) As soon as we get back on the road, I'll let you know what our itinerary is.

PaulBoth
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
The Galt is fixed! Now I am laser focused on dong 310 miles in 11 days to Albuquerque. We have a charity 5k on Sat the 20th and want to meet up with fellow patriots over the weekend. If anyone in the area has any events going on, we would love to attend.

PaulBoth
02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
We are in New Mexico!!! We are planning to arrive in Albuquerque on Saturday. We will be there for 2 or 3 (rest) days. We would love to meet up with some fellow patriots! I will post the Breweries we are going to be at when I know days and times :)

-Paul

PaulBoth
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
As I'm running today, I am thinking of specific ways that I can help the movement, a "Call to action" so to speak. I know the message and am pretty clear when stating it to people. This is the place to collaborate, so I would love suggestions on what else I can do while I amdoing this. I want to reap the most possible from this. Thank you for any suggestions.

Paul

ronpaulhawaii
02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Paul, a volunteer from Gallup is looking for you. We are on the way to a convention a few hours north of you. We have another convention in Gallup tomorrow and hope to meet up with you somewhere in the area. How will we find you

PaulBoth
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM
I think she just tweeted me. I gave her my location. We are 4 miles from El Rancho (our ending point today) We would love to go to a convention today or tomorrow. Of course a few hours for you means a few days for us :)

ronpaulhawaii
02-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Are you on 66? We have an El Rancho by Los Alamos but doubt you are there. Are you east of Gallup?

PaulBoth
02-15-2010, 05:10 PM
We are almost to exit 22 on Route 66

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Michael, We stayed in Gallup last night, at the USA RV Park. Is the a convention in Gallup today? If there is, what time? We are supposed to end up in Coolidge this evening, but depending on the time, I can do a lighter day. Let me know. I'll message you my #
Paul

MelissaWV
02-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Yay for activism :) Stay safe!

ronpaulhawaii
02-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Paul, the convention is this evening at 6p. It is a closed GOP pre-primary convention. We would be able to have you guys with us as volunteers. I'll give you a call when we get on the road. Maybe you should push on and ride back for the meeting. Either way we'll touch base.

Onward :)

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Thank you Melissa!

Ok Michael, we are going to head down the road and probably keep our trailer at the RV Park in Gallup. We'll probably make it to Perea or Coolidge this afternoon and have Mike (our driver) drive us back to Gallup for the convention. Let me know if anything changes, If it does, he will drive The Galt (our trailer) down the road. I look forward to meeting you guys.

ronpaulhawaii
02-16-2010, 09:55 AM
About activism, on the electoral side, each state you are going through has Liberty Candidates that need promoting. Adams district (NM3rd) is everything north of I-40 (except most of ABQ). When you get to the TX panhandle, Medina is running for Gov. Dr Lowry running for house. In OK you'll have Randy Brogdon for Gov and RJ Harris for House, etc...

www.liberty-candidates.org

I kept a bunch of hand-out materials with me. My basic one was a 2 sided "business card" listing a few urls... I just kept the pdf on a thumbdrive, and printed them up myself as needed...

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Michael, that site is fantastic! We can use it as a litmus test for liberty candidates. We can canvass the areas (while running) with the candidates materials. Very cool! This gives us a way people can REALLY change things. Maybe we can get campaign materials for each of the areas go through. I'll be contacting them.

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 12:04 PM
We've decided to take a rest day today. I've ran 7 days straight for a total of 160 miles... Big picture, it is a good idea to take today to let the old legs recharge.
I have a good WiFi connection, so I will spend the day getting some work done. I have already contacted www.liberty-candidates.org and am waiting for a response. I am VERY excited to give people something to DO when they say they agree with our Liberty message.

Michael, this makes it easy for us to go to the meeting tonight as we are still in Gallup. Tomorrow, we will head to Albuquerque and try to get as much mileage as possible on fresh legs. We have a 5k (that starts at a Craft Brewery:) to go to on Saturday. We will have to drive into Albuquerque for that, then be shuttled back to our Friday stopping point and run into Albuquerque the next two days as we will still be about 55 miles out.

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Can we get materials or direct me to docs that we can print, to hand out for Adam? We'll have another day or two that we are still in his district and then another few days, the first week of March.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Can we get materials or direct me to docs that we can print, to hand out for Adam? We'll have another day or two that we are still in his district and then another few days, the first week of March.

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/sites/kokesh.netboots.net/files/SlimJimPrintOut_0_0.pdf

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Thank you Nate, we will print these out!

ronpaulhawaii
02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
These might be easier and more cost effective

http://libertyrider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SFCommCollx4.png

http://libertyrider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SFCommCollx4.png

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Perfect! We will print these out.

romacox
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
bump

Michigan11
02-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Awesome thread. Keep us updated, the Galt Trailer ... Awesome!

disorderlyvision
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Do I see a PaulBoth RPH collaborative cross country trek in the future?

MelissaWV
02-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Bump...

And if I ever get to a point where I feel that good healthwise, I'll join you on one of these runs someday :p Not on the bike ride, though; I can't ride a bicycle.

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Do I see a PaulBoth RPH collaborative cross country trek in the future?

You never know. Although, I am sure he rides MUCH faster than I run :)

PaulBoth
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Melissa, feel free to join us at any point along the way :)

ronpaulhawaii
02-16-2010, 08:44 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs156.snc3/18333_342774317952_663957952_4650050_1897676_n.jpg

Paul at the Gallup Convention

Baptist
02-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Hey Paul what is the deal with those weird shoes that contour to your toes? Is that what you run in? Give me a link that explains the deal with those shoes.

Your picture of the canal titled "water," is that along the 8 or the 10? My dad water-ski a canal like that along the 8 (by the sand dunes near Yuma). He had a friend in a truck pull him is how he did it. That was like 30 years ago though. I'm sure everything is fenced off now like your picture.

MelissaWV
02-17-2010, 05:54 AM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs156.snc3/18333_342774317952_663957952_4650050_1897676_n.jpg

Paul at the Gallup Convention

Are you calling Paul a toilet? That's not nice, RPH!

PaulBoth
02-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Those are the Vibram Five Fingers. They simulate barefoot running. You can find them here http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

That canal was along the 10 freeway. Man tgat feels like along time ago :) Thats pretty cool that your father did that.

Melissa, toilet? Haha... I think.. Is that a Gallup reference? I can be slow sometimes :)

MelissaWV
02-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Those are the Vibram Five Fingers. They simulate barefoot running. You can find them here http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

That canal was along the 10 freeway. Man tgat feels like along time ago :) Thats pretty cool that your father did that.

Melissa, toilet? Haha... I think.. Is that a Gallup reference? I can be slow sometimes :)

The "RESTROOM" arrow in RPH's photo is pointing at your head :p

PaulBoth
02-17-2010, 08:56 AM
LOL!!! How did I miss THAT ?

PaulBoth
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
24.98 miles today and we ended right on the Continental Divide, cool! We are 110 miles from Albuquerque. We handed out pens and pamphlets for Adam today at 2 different places.

We'll start losing elevation tomorrow, which is a good thing! I'll try for a little more miles the next 2 days.

PaulBoth
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
We are in Albuquerque till tomorrow (rest days). We are heading over to Marble Brewery after dinner (around 7) if anyone is in the area, we'd love to meet you. We have to drive back west for 75 miles then run through Albuquerque (again). That should happen by Wednesday.

10blackmedia
02-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Hello all! My name is Chris Swenson and I'm the bike riding half of The Run For Liberty. I just wanted to introduce myself and let it be known that I'll be posting under my video production name 10blackmedia.

MelissaWV
02-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Hello all! My name is Chris Swenson and I'm the bike riding half of The Run For Liberty. I just wanted to introduce myself and let it be known that I'll be posting under my video production name 10blackmedia.

Welcome to RPF :) I love reading the updates <3

PaulBoth
02-23-2010, 11:20 PM
31.61 miles today. We are 20 miles from Albuquerque. We are going to stop by Marble Brewery around 5pm (hopefully). If anyone is in the area, please stop by, we'd love to meet you. We are really looking forward to meeting some of you guys as we make our way across the country. I'll keep posting where we are at and where we will be. If anyone knows of some meetups close to our waypoints let us know. We are willing to change the route (to a certain extent) as this is what the run is all about. Also, I post more daily updates and pictures on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/paulboth

PaulBoth
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
We are now in Moriarty, NM. Now that we are on flatter land, we will be logging some high mileage days. We'll have a couple days before hitting Texas to hand out materials for Adam in his district. Tomorrow will be day 50 with 880 miles run so far. I am hopeful that as we get into more populate areas, we will have more and more opportunities to spread the message and educate. Every day gets more exciting and keeps me running!

malkusm
02-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Go Paul! (Side comment - I consider myself a beer connoisseur, so it's especially cool that you're stopping by microbreweries and spreading the message along the way. If you get the time, I'd love to hear your reviews of some of the beers you've tasted - I'm sure the style is much different out in the desert than it is back here in the east! ;) )

dr. hfn
02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
truly inspirational!

PaulBoth
02-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I LOVE craft beer. We have had so many great ones. I prefer Porters and Stouts and have never really liked IPA's but, as I have tried different ones, I am starting to like them. There are so many different Breweries that I could mention here, but some standouts are
BootLeggers Brewery in Fullerton, CA
Dale Bros. in Upland, CA
Hangar 24 in Redlands, CA
SunUp in Phoenix, AZ
Sleepy Dog in Tempe, AZ
Marble Brewery in Albuquerque, NM

But, they have all been good.

What is your favorite style of beer?

someperson
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Thank you for your great effort, PaulBoth :)

malkusm
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
You sound like me - I never liked IPAs at first but, as I was introduced to more and more beers, I became a huge fan. I'll drink almost anything, and my "favorite" depends on my mood, but I'm almost always up for a good stout or brown ale (I love the heavy stuff). In the summer, though, Belgian-style wheat beers are awesome....and, occasionally, I do go for something sweeter (a lambic or a really fruity beer) just to change it up.

I've been collecting bottles over the last 2 years and I have about 400 beers in my collection....I'll write down your selections for whenever I'm out west. ;)

I know you're not going to Vermont on your run, but since you mentioned IPAs, I figured I'd throw this out there - Long Trail IPA is an unfiltered IPA that has a really heavy texture, but is incredibly smooth. I've found that I enjoy unfiltered IPAs better than others, but that's the one that really got me to appreciate the entire style of beer.

PaulBoth
02-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Thank you for your great effort, PaulBoth :)

You are quite welcome! :) But, I must admit, I am having a blast!

PaulBoth
02-26-2010, 10:06 PM
truly inspirational!

Thank you Tom!

PaulBoth
02-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Long Trail IPA is an unfiltered IPA that has a really heavy texture, but is incredibly smooth. I've found that I enjoy unfiltered IPAs better than others, but that's the one that really got me to appreciate the entire style of beer.

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for the Long Trail IPA

My favorite right now is Stone Smoked Porter :)

ronpaulhawaii
02-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Paul, I'm just getting back up to speed. What date is your ETA for Tucumcari ?

PaulBoth
02-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Hey Michael, we are about 125 miles from Tucumcari. So, I'm going to say Friday the 5th or Saturday the 6th depending on whether or not we take a rest day. I'll keep you updated. But, I would say the 6th.

I hope everything is ok in Hawaii for you??

ronpaulhawaii
02-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Cool :) - I'll put the (tentative) date on the schedule. Yes, all turned out well in HI and "live" drills are always good, thanks

edit - and you could put a link to your site in your sig...

PaulBoth
02-28-2010, 05:36 PM
26.62 miles today. We are about 30 miles from Santa Rosa, NM and about 100 miles from Tucumcari! We only got snowed on for about an hour, so it a good day :)

PaulBoth
02-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Make that 90 miles to Tucumcari :)

PaulBoth
03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
We did 31.38 miles today and made it to Santa Rosa. 58 mile to Tucumcari. We are taking a rest day tomorrow, so we should arrive in Tucumcari on Thursday evening (the 4th) or Friday, midday.

Jaykzo
03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
If you're in an area that the run will be crossing through, please try to inform your local media a week or two in advance - it might be possible to drum up local support. Or even if you don't live in a rest area, it would be a good idea to call local newspapers along the route and give them the heads up that a politically based, self-financed protest will be in town.

PaulBoth
03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
If you're in an area that the run will be crossing through, please try to inform your local media a week or two in advance - it might be possible to drum up local support. Or even if you don't live in a rest area, it would be a good idea to call local newspapers along the route and give them the heads up that a politically based, self-financed protest will be in town.

Thank you! That would help us out greatly

Here is a list of our stops, we are about 5 days ahead of schedule

You can also see a map here http://www.paulboth.net/RunForLiberty/the_path.html

3/7
Santa Rosa, NM
3/8
New Mexico Desert, NM
3/9
Tucumcari, NM
3/10
Rest
3/11
San Jon, NM
3/12
New Mexico Desert, NM
3/13
Adrian, TX
3/14
Amarillo, TX
3/15
Amarillo, TX
3/16
Groom, TX
3/17
McClellan Creek, TX
3/18
McLean, TX
3/19
Texola, TX
3/20
Sayre, OK
3/21
Canute, OK
3/22
Rest
3/23
Weatherford, OK
3/24
Bridgeport, OK
3/25
El Reno, OK
3/26
Oklahoma City, OK
3/27
Arcadia, OK
3/28
Chandler, OK
3/29
Depew. OK
3/30
Sapulpa. OK
3/31
Tulsa, OK
4/1
Foyil, OK
4/2
Vinita, OK
4/3
Narcissa, OK
4/4
Baxter Springs, KS
4/5
Rest
4/6
Fidelity, MO
4/7
Miller, MO
4/8
Halltown, MO
4/9
Strafford, MO
4/10
Conway, MO
4/11
Stoutland, MO
4/12
Waynesville, MO
4/13
Doolittle, MO
4/14
St. James, MO
4/15
Twin Springs, MO
4/16
Villa Ridge, MO
4/17
St. Louis, MO
4/18
Collinsville, IL
4/19
Rest
4/20
Pierron, IL
4/21
Mullberry Grove, IL
4/22
Altamont, IL
4/23
Jewett. IL
4/24
Martinsville, IL
4/25
Terre Haute, IN
4/26
GreenCastle, IN
4/27
Plainfield, IN
4/28
Indianapolis, IN
4/29
Wilkinson, IN
4/30
Hagerstown, IN
5/1
New Paris, OH
5/2
Eaglewood, OH
5/3
Rest
5/4
Springfield, OH
5/5
London, OH
5/6
Columbus, OH
5/7
Harbor Hills, OH
5/8
Pleasant Grove, OH
5/9
Cambridge, OH
5/10
Bethesda, OH
5/11
Bellaire, OH
5/12
Claysville, OH
5/13
New Eagle, PA
5/14
Mt. Pleasant, PA
5/15
Somerset, PA
5/16
Shellsburg, PA
5/17
Rest
5/18
Valley Hi, PA
5/19
Burnt Cabins, PA
5/20
Newville, PA
5/21
New Kingstown, PA
5/22
Skyline View, PA
5/23
Strausstown, PA
5/24
Lenhartsville, PA
5/25
Bethlehem, PA
5/26
Washington, NJ
5/27
Morristown, NJ
5/28
Liberty Island, NY

ronpaulhawaii
03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Media list

http://www.abyznewslinks.com/unite.htm

10blackmedia
03-02-2010, 01:37 PM
3 days until Tucumcari! "The Run For Liberty"

PaulBoth
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Media list

http://www.abyznewslinks.com/unite.htm

Thank you Michael, that helps tremendously!

PaulBoth
03-03-2010, 07:55 PM
23.88 miles today. We are 34 miles from Tucumcari, NM and 74 miles from Texas!!! It was an absolutely gorgeous day today with clear skies and temperatures in the mid 60's. I sense civilization is not too far away.

PaulBoth
03-06-2010, 08:48 AM
We are entering Texas today!!!

DirtMcGirt
03-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Awesome!!!!
you are definitely closing in on being the fittest RPF member...
What shoes do you run in?
Malkusm is working on a Liberty Map with contact info- may come in handy to you on your journey...

Best Wishes

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230146

ronpaulhawaii
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Posting from phone... Just left the run crew. Adam and Harris (both USMC) ran with them to the Texas border. Pics later. Was an honor. Thanks Paul, Chris & Mike. ONWARD!!!

PaulBoth
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
We just finished running with Adam Kokesh. He ran the last 5 miles with us into Texas. We got a great interview with him as well as pictures with him and Michael Maresco. It was a fantastic day and deifinitely lit a fire under my butt, that what we are doing can make a difference. Thank you Michael for your kind and inspirational words!! Now, if I can just figure out how to post pictures on here :)

PaulBoth
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Awesome!!!!
you are definitely closing in on being the fittest RPF member...
What shoes do you run in?
Malkusm is working on a Liberty Map with contact info- may come in handy to you on your journey...

Best Wishes

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230146

I run in the Vibram Five Fingers. They simulate barefoot running. I love them!
Yes, I am looking forward to the map. It would come in very handy :) Thank you!

Nate-ForLiberty
03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
We just finished running with Adam Kokesh. He ran the last 5 miles with us into Texas. We got a great interview with him as well as pictures with him and Michael Maresco. It was a fantastic day and deifinitely lit a fire under my butt, that what we are doing can make a difference. Thank you Michael for your kind and inspirational words!! Now, if I can just figure out how to post pictures on here :)

that is AWESOME! can't wait for the pics!

ronpaulhawaii
03-07-2010, 10:48 AM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs483.snc3/26444_380007137952_663957952_4783996_7000917_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs483.ash1/26444_380010492952_663957952_4784003_1514846_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs503.snc3/26444_380002612952_663957952_4783986_4565363_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs483.ash1/26444_380006367952_663957952_4783993_4604706_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs483.snc3/26444_380006732952_663957952_4783994_4302317_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs483.snc3/26444_380012197952_663957952_4784007_2254558_n.jpg

:)

PaulBoth
03-08-2010, 06:44 PM
After some heavy duty thunderstorms last night, 27 miles today (with a heavy tailwind), ending in Wilderado. 21 miles from Amarillo Texas!!

MelissaWV
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
This thread gains points for having long-haired guy(s) in it.

+++

10blackmedia
03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I want to thank Michael Maresco and Adam Kokesh for coming out and running with us on Saturday, and for the great interview. All the way Adam!!

Paulitical Correctness
03-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Awesome!

:D

ronpaulhawaii
03-10-2010, 12:11 PM
This may help for mapping. I was waiting for gmaps to address this need

http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/10/google-maps-bicycles/

PaulBoth
03-12-2010, 08:46 AM
This may help for mapping. I was waiting for gmaps to address this need

http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/10/google-maps-bicycles/

Very cool! This should come in real handy. I love Rails for Trails!! Thank you Michael.

PaulBoth
03-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Day 64: After 10 straight days and 240 miles, we are taking a rest day in McLean, Texas. We're 33 miles from Oklahoma and 200 miles from Oklahoma City, which is the half way point. We'll stay in Shamrock, TX tomorrow night.

PaulBoth
03-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Forced rest day in Hinton, Oklahoma due to lots of snow and wind. We are 50 miles from Oklahoma City (the halfway point). Let's hope this weather clears up for tomorrow!

Cowlesy
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
//

Zoomer
04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey! Just wanted to say this is probably the coolest run ever. I love running myself, if I was nearby I would certainly join in the action.

PaulBoth
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you Zoomer!! We are halfway through Illinois!!! Day 103, about 900 miles to go

Paulitical Correctness
06-10-2010, 09:13 PM
:D

Brett
06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for bumping this PC, I hadn't see it.

And this run is very impressive, good luck rest of the way!

PaulBoth
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
For those that do not know yet, we had to stop the run in Hebron, Ohio on May 9th. 2,336 mile into the run. I explain it all here.
http://www.paulboth.blogspot.com/
I have been recovering for the last 5 weeks and I am just about back to normal.
We were so fortunate to have met so many wonderful people on the run and wish I had more energy to have enjoyed it more. We do plan to go out and finish as soon as possible and hope to meet more of you out there. Hmm... we've got some elections coming up. We did some campaigning in New Mexico for Adam Kokesh. Maybe we should run around some key states and campaign for other candidates. Nevada comes to mind. I'll run around the state a few times to make sure Harry Reid doesn't get reelected! Any other ideas?

MelissaWV
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
For those that do not know yet, we had to stop the run in Hebron, Ohio on May 9th. 2,336 mile into the run. I explain it all here.
http://www.paulboth.blogspot.com/
I have been recovering for the last 5 weeks and I am just about back to normal.
We were so fortunate to have met so many wonderful people on the run and wish I had more energy to have enjoyed it more. We do plan to go out and finish as soon as possible and hope to meet more of you out there. Hmm... we've got some elections coming up. We did some campaigning in New Mexico for Adam Kokesh. Maybe we should run around some key states and campaign for other candidates. Nevada comes to mind. I'll run around the state a few times to make sure Harry Reid doesn't get reelected! Any other ideas?

Hope you're feeling up to snuff soon enough :)

I was a bit worried at not having heard from you on here for awhile.

You didn't fail. You did a really, really awesome thing. Here's to hoping it's just a practice run for even bigger things in your future ;)

Nate-ForLiberty
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Dude, you're awesome! I'm very proud and thankful that there are people like you in the r3VOLution and in this country. It seems like on your journey you found what you were looking for before you reached the finish line :)

reminds me of Forest Gump..... "Well, I pretty tired. I think I'll go home now." :)

Paulitical Correctness
06-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Read the update.

Screw Vibram!

PaulBoth
08-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I am healed (finally) and I'm getting very antsy to finish the run. I want to finish the 525 miles from Hebron, OH to New York in the Vibrams and then very possibly run back to CA in shoes, taking more time to meet with people and spread the message of liberty. I'd like to start in Oct. since we would be finishing before the midterms.
We learned a lot the first time and since I am posting this in the "Grassroots" section I need some advice. We new exactly why we were out there and could articulate our message pretty well. And surprisingly most people we talked to agreed with what we were saying. But, what we lacked was a clear focused "action" that people could do. It was cool when we were in New Mexico because we could hand out materials for Adam Kokesh. But, outside of that, it was hard to simply promote and "idea" especially since the "Idea" of liberty should be OBVIOUS in America even though most people in America don't realize that they are no longer free.
So, I don't wan't to run around the country this time with out a VERY clear cut statement and an ACTION that people can do. I would love any ideas that you all have. Aside from Ron Paul deciding to run in 2012 (it would then be a no brainer :)

Paulitical Correctness
11-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Bump!

What's new? :)

ronpaulhawaii
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Bump!

What's new? :)

Posted toady :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs917.snc4/73005_496683556538_513066538_7509011_8090516_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/paulboth

PaulBoth
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I am seriously contemplating running across the country again for Ron Paul. Similar to what Michael did last time. Any thoughts, ideas or advice. For instance, would it be best to run straight across again? Or perhaps run across key states? What about materials to bring. Maybe I could put something up every mile?
I said last year that if Ron Paul decided to run, I would run, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it again. Now, everything is so exciting, I want to do whatever I can to help. If a run across the country can get press, than that is more for Ron Paul. Last time, we didn't have a "call to action" we sure would this time!! :)