PDA

View Full Version : Toll Booth Operator Freaks Out When Filmed

Matt Collins
02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
YouTube - Freedom Ride Tollbooth Freak Gone Postal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uce3hA5Mf5A)

bkreigh
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Seriously what do you expect when somebody rolls up with a camera pointed at your face? I would do the same exact thing.

AybeeForRP
02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I think we found the answer to this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229661

Did anyone watch any other videos this person has on youtube?

Uriel999
02-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Seriously what do you expect when somebody rolls up with a camera pointed at your face? I would do the same exact thing.

are you gonna make me eat chicken I don't wanna eat!?

LOL, I agree with the woman in the toll booth though. Just because the law allows filming in public doesn't give you license to be a dick. Do they have the right to film in public, yes and I am all for it, but having some common courtesy is something the liberty movement needs more of. That toll booth woman probably has no idea where the toll goes and most likely doesn't care. She is just doing her job. Collecting change. You don't have to use toll roads.

Uriel999
02-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I think we found the answer to this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229661

Did anyone watch any other videos this person has on youtube?

Exactly.

BlackTerrel
02-04-2010, 09:55 PM
These people don't understand the difference between spreading the message and just annoying the crap out of people.

Danke
02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Good God. Well...she does have a tongue stud...

YouTube - Brooke Kelley is Fed Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL593iFZCwc&feature=player_profilepage#)

Agorism
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
lol just leave the lady alone.

bubbleboy
02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I wonder if she cares that she is on camera all day long anyway. Isn't this the point of it?
I don't feel sorry for the lady one bit.
How would I like having a camera in my face? It is in my face all day long, and I know what it feels like. Restaurants, roads, business, and my Mac computer.....:mad::mad:

Matt Collins
02-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Good God. Well...she does have a tongue stud...

She was featured in the Ladies of Liberty Alliance (LOLA) calendar I believe. http://www.iamlola.org And she was at the CFL / LOLA event in Atlanta a few weeks ago partying with everyone. She wore her angel wings there too.

http://www.iamlola.org/wp-content/gallery/calendar-ladies/Brooke%20Kelley.jpg

RideTheDirt
02-05-2010, 12:03 AM
lol
Leave the lady alone, she obviously doesn't give a shit about where the money goes as long as she get's her share of it.

coyote_sprit
02-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Employees of the state deserved to be talked down to like the second rate humans they are.

BlackTerrel
02-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Employees of the state deserved to be talked down to like the second rate humans they are.

Yes this evil second rate human being who dares to work at a toll booth to support her family :rolleyes:

Promontorium
02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
How long do you spend at a toolbooth? 5-6 seconds? Who the hell flips out when a passing vehicle has a camera?

It is not illegal, and it is not a violation. People have a right to chronicle their own existence. Take the money and let them through, the camera will disappear 1,000 times faster if you do your job and not make idle threats.

And seriously, it is a beautiful example of the police state mentality developing in this country. Your government officially monitors you, from so many angles and so many mediums, Hollywood couldn't keep up. Yet when an individual wants to pass by you with a camera, then you feel violated? Yell at the government all day and night or you're a hypocrite (or a perfect pawn in the police state system).

Think about the irony of this statement: "If you keep filming me, I'm going to have to bring in the police, who film me all day and try to find ways to arrest me, and let them tell you how wrong it is to film me without permission."

Doesn't make much sense when you apply truth to it now does it?

coyote_sprit
02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
Yes this evil second rate human being who dares to work at a toll booth to support her family :rolleyes:

If they starve, they starve.

Matt Collins
03-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Looks like she is staying at my place tonight on her way to NH.

amy31416
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Just don't try to make her eat chicken she don't wanna eat! :eek:

Seriously though, she was just being a pain in the ass and should have respected her wishes to not be filmed. It's not like she's a cop beating the F out of an old lady or something.

Danke
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Could be an opportunity for a new avatar, Matt!

MelissaWV
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't like being filmed or photographed at random, and I will let anyone know it. I don't like security cameras, either, or dash cams, but at least those can provide evidence if I'm wronged in that establishment or by the police (they're used against the police from time to time, seriously). Some person coming up and being obnoxious with a camera in my face at my job would not be treated kindly by me.

My supervisor wanted to take a picture for some dumb "organizational chart" that's going to be posted online, and I refused. People kept pushing the subject, and I continued to refuse. I simply don't want to be filmed.

BuddyRey
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Some of those tollbooth operators are real scam artists.

One time, my dad and I were trucking through the Chesapeake Bay area, delivering plants for a nursery. At the toll booth, we were hit up for something like seven bucks, which I had to pay since our boss forgot to include a company credit card for travel expenditures.

It was only AFTER we paid the toll and drove off that we noticed there was one of those automatic EZ-Pass transponders at the top of the windshield, so we ended up paying twice. We should have known our rig better, so it was half our own fault, but the tollbooth operator clearly took advantage of our ignorance.

RCA
03-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Do you mean this chicken?

YouTube - FRIED CHICKEN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJuglqChhk)

Matt Collins
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Just don't try to make her eat chicken she don't wanna eat! :eek:
LOL wut? :confused:

amy31416
03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
LOL wut? :confused:

You didn't specify what "she" you would be hanging with, so I, of course, took the semi-comedic route that you would be hanging out with the toll booth lady who don't wanna eat yo chicken....

Oh nevermind....

acptulsa
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
These government employees are getting so skittish about cameras that I fully expect someone to be arrested for pointing one at some of them--for being a terrorist.

And the fact that normal, sane people aren't terrified of cameras just won't enter into it...

MelissaWV
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
How long do you spend at a toolbooth? 5-6 seconds? Who the hell flips out when a passing vehicle has a camera?

It is not illegal, and it is not a violation. People have a right to chronicle their own existence. Take the money and let them through, the camera will disappear 1,000 times faster if you do your job and not make idle threats.

It would have been 5-6 seconds if the driver weren't asking questions. I don't like having my picture taken, or being filmed, and certainly not by some random person who is obviously instigating. The tollbooth "freak" (nice title to the video, right?) even said quite plainly that it was her wish, not about legality, towards the end of the video.

There are more graceful ways to handle it than how the woman in the video did, but there are also better ways to make one's point than holding up a line to get through a toll booth to ask the operator questions they're most likely not going to be able to answer.

If people have a "right to chronicle their own existence," I am very sure you wouldn't mind someone following you around and videotaping everything you do. They're just videotaping themselves following you. Even if they follow you into the bathroom, capturing their urinal neighbor taking a leak, that's cool; it's their right. :rolleyes:

Where's your money going? It's going into my right hand, and now into this register, and you move along and have a nice day. :D

acptulsa:

By the by... actually a lot of people hate having their picture taken for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's physical appearance, or a bad experience previously, a valid fear, or just an outright phobia. It's not that uncommon.

acptulsa
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, to the best of my knowledge no one ever got a million hits on YouToob by being polite...

Although back in the day, the people who did Candid Camera were always polite. Of course, that was back before certain states decided that it might not be legal for you to exercise your God-given right to defend yourself.

Matt Collins
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
You didn't specify what "she" you would be hanging with, so I, of course, took the semi-comedic route that you would be hanging out with the toll booth lady who don't wanna eat yo chicken....

Oh nevermind....No, not the toll booth lady ha ha ha ;):p

Romulus
03-16-2010, 11:53 AM
She was featured in the Ladies of Liberty Alliance (LOLA) calendar I believe. http://www.iamlola.org And she was at the CFL / LOLA event in Atlanta a few weeks ago partying with everyone. She wore her angel wings there too.

http://www.iamlola.org/wp-content/gallery/calendar-ladies/Brooke%20Kelley.jpg

Ok so we know who the attention whore is.

Just because that lady likes HER picture taken, doesnt mean everyone else has to.

I would react the same way... Is not one's image their own personal property?

coyote_sprit
03-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok so we know who the attention whore is.

Just because that lady likes HER picture taken, doesnt mean everyone else has to.

I would react the same way... Is not one's image their own personal property?

Your body is your personal property but any images derived from that fall under IP, and that just opens a big can of worms.

Romulus
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
The way I understand it.. you can film me if I'm on public property. Otherwise you have to get my permission. So are those toll booths public property? If they are not, she does not have the right to film the operator.

Sorry, but that twat just pissed me off. What was she trying to attain besides attention for herself?

It's BS stunts like that, that is used to undermine true personal liberty activism.

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
The way I understand it.. you can film me if I'm on public property. Otherwise you have to get my permission. So are those toll booths public property? If they are not, she does not have the right to film the operator.

Sorry, but that twat just pissed me off. What was she trying to attain besides attention for herself?

It's BS stunts like that, that is used to undermine true personal liberty activism.

If I were behind her, you would not have had any audio on the video :D

*HONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK*

torchbearer
03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
not sure if you own the light reflecting from your body.

pacelli
03-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Well shit, paying a toll is a great act of civil disobedience.

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Well shit, paying a toll is a great act of civil disobedience.

Paying in pennies would have been fun.

pacelli
03-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Paying in pennies would have been fun.

Good point. Nothing better to do with those non-copper pennies!!

Flash
03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Film the reptile devil

brandon
03-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Just watched this.

God that white bitch is annoying. I feel terribly bad for whatever man ends up marrying her.

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Just watched this.

God that white bitch is annoying. I feel terribly bad for whatever man ends up marrying her.

You know, you just gave me insight.

I can picture that life right now...

She'll be walking around, following him with a camera:

AttentionWhore: Honey? Honey? Do you love me? Tell me you love me!

PoorBastard: *mutters something*

AttentionWhore: C'mon! Louder! Say it right into the camera, smoopiebear. Tell me you love me!

PoorBastard: Jesus, shut that damned thing off.

AttentionWhore: I'm just recording my life! Don't trample on my free speech, babe! Don't tread on me!

PoorBastard: I said shut that damned thing off! *tears camera into little bitty pieces*

brandon
03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Also, these debates about legality and the philosophy of private property are absurd.

This is just about common sense and courtesy.

james1906
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm sure the woman who says 'ax' instead of 'ask' has full knowledge of the budget of New York City's infrastructure. If she didn't, I bet there's a direct line to Mayor Bloomberg in that booth.

Pizzo
03-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I didn't know you could have cameras of any sort on/near any bridges or tunnels in NYC after 9/11. I've moved from NY, but remember signs to that effect by the booths. There was also an incident with a friend of mine who was moving to Vegas and was taking some pictures on the Verrazano. He was pulled over, questioned, and had to have the photos deleted from the camera. They said there could be no cameras because they could be used for studying the structural features.

Matt Collins
03-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I forgot to get a pic with her today. It slipped my mind.

angelatc
03-16-2010, 11:21 PM
are you gonna make me eat chicken I don't wanna eat!?

LOL, I agree with the woman in the toll booth though. Just because the law allows filming in public doesn't give you license to be a dick..

She is a public employee. We definitely should be allowed to film public employees while they are performing their duties.

They don't have to work in my toll booth.

Don't Tread on Mike
03-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Do you mean this chicken?

YouTube - FRIED CHICKEN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJuglqChhk)

Everybody wanna piece of my chicken, southern fry chicken, finger lickin'. You hear me!? LOL

Daamien
03-17-2010, 02:16 AM
I agree with the toll booth lady. However, I am doing my best to make sure she doesn't have such an unproductive job by using and encouraging E-ZPass.

Oh, and toll revenue use is generally limited to maintaining infrastructure and paying off municipal or private bonds that were issued to construct the roads and bridges you choose to utilize. Nothing evil there.

andrewh817
03-17-2010, 02:19 AM

It's a fucking camera, not a gun.........do you really feel that threatened?

tremendoustie
03-17-2010, 03:01 AM
She is a public employee. We definitely should be allowed to film public employees while they are performing their duties.

They don't have to work in my toll booth.

I absolutely agree from a legal perspective -- if a person is a "public employee", no question you have a right to film them on duty.

Now, whether this particular act accomplished anything positive is another question. I'm gonna guess no.

Srg1
03-17-2010, 03:39 AM
I wonder if she cares that she is on camera all day long anyway. Isn't this the point of it?
I don't feel sorry for the lady one bit.
How would I like having a camera in my face? It is in my face all day long, and I know what it feels like. Restaurants, roads, business, and my Mac computer.....:mad::mad:

Exactly.Its ok if the goverment big brother has cameras in your face all day,but if the pesents have a camera on your its ww3 and racist.

Romulus
03-17-2010, 08:11 AM
You know, you just gave me insight.

I can picture that life right now...

She'll be walking around, following him with a camera:

AttentionWhore: Honey? Honey? Do you love me? Tell me you love me!

PoorBastard: *mutters something*

AttentionWhore: C'mon! Louder! Say it right into the camera, smoopiebear. Tell me you love me!

PoorBastard: Jesus, shut that damned thing off.

AttentionWhore: I'm just recording my life! Don't trample on my free speech, babe! Don't tread on me!

PoorBastard: I said shut that damned thing off! *tears camera into little bitty pieces*

lolololol
You need to write for a sitcom.

AlterEgo
07-07-2010, 11:02 PM
she interviews ron jeremy

YouTube - Truth Fairy Brooke Kelley Goes Hollywood and Poetry is Illegal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwLU0NkiK8)

michaelwise
07-07-2010, 11:14 PM
We need a new Supreme Court ruling on what expectation of privacy means. Use this clip as an example. When a private citizen, not a public employee, asks you to stop filming them, you stop filming or you get a fine if that person presses charges.

Matt Collins
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Et37o3_io&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Et37o3_io&feature=player_embedded)