PDA

View Full Version : Going Viral: "Too Late To Apologize: A Declaration" [Awesome Video]

Epic
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
YouTube - Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg)

About as good as the Keynes/Hayek one...

JK/SEA
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
damn that was good.....

AybeeForRP
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
YouTube - Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg)

About as good as the Keynes/Hayek one...

Could you please provide a link to the Keynes/Hayek one?

haaaylee
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
this seems to be an altered version of the song in the following video, used for a ron paul tea party, which always made me tear up back in 2007.

YouTube - Apologize: Ron Paul Tea Party 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBR32X8vUy8)

Epic
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Could you please provide a link to the Keynes/Hayek one?

YouTube - "Fear the Boom and Bust" a Hayek vs. Keynes Rap Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk)

Reason
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
lmao, awesome

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
How many of you here are actually ready to die for liberty? These men gave up everything, including their families in many cases. How many here are ready to sacrifice everything? These men would have revolted a long time ago. Has anyone given any thought about what to do next if our movement is unable to right the course through politics?

III Percenter.

dr. hfn
02-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Watch Rate Share!

dr. hfn
02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
How many of you here are actually ready to die for liberty? These men gave up everything, including their families in many cases. How many here are ready to sacrifice everything? These men would have revolted a long time ago. Has anyone given any thought about what to do next if our movement is unable to right the course through politics?

III Percenter.

im with u brother

CasualApathy
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM

III Percenter.

Ready to die? You make it sound like dying for liberty is something to strive for. I for one would much rather stay alive. After all, if I'm dead I couldn't care less how the world looks anyway. I hope this doesn't shock you...

Naturally I would attempt to save my life if government actually decided to come hunting me down but to be honest I rate that at about a 1-5% probability based on what I know, and I certainly wouldn't go looking for a violent confrontation.

What the hell is wrong with peaceful civil disobedience? It's not like it's been tried on a big scale in the US for a long long time. How about we try that instead? How about continuing to educate and wake people up and getting more honest people elected to positions of power? Seems worthwhile to me...

I'm not saying your american revolution was a bad thing, but times HAVE changed. It is not necessary to have a violent revolution in order to enact the changes we all want. At least not yet it isn't. I can't say if some day in the future government will have gotten so destructive that peaceful resistence is meaningless, it is certainly possible, but I have faith that we the people will make our voices heard before we go over that cliff.

dr. hfn
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
YouTube - "Here's to You Mr. Jefferson" Awesome! by Mike Church (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAg8a0vCZQ&feature=related)

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Great video!!

JeNNiF00F00
02-15-2010, 02:47 PM
This is good. I also like the fact that they have subtitles. More of our videos need to have subtitles for our deaf and hearing handicapped people. I know at least 2 people that don't watch videos because they can't hear.

JeNNiF00F00
02-15-2010, 02:52 PM

III Percenter.

Im there.

Jeremy
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
This is good. I also like the fact that they have subtitles. More of our videos need to have subtitles for our deaf and hearing handicapped people. I know at least 2 people that don't watch videos because they can't hear.

doesn't make as much sense for a music video tho

reduen
02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
very creative...

BlackTerrel
02-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Awesome video.

Sometimes with these things I am applauding the effort but this is really incredibly well done. Looks like something I would see on MTV but with a better message.

mediahasyou
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM

III Percenter.

Even if you did manage to violently overthrow the government, millions of frightened people would rush to set up a new government. You better hope the frightened populace rush to benevolent leaders, not totalitarian leaders.

The first violent American revolution was not a permanent solution for society. Totalitarianism has slowly crept upon the American government.

If you shoot a government employee that coerces, you are killing a victim of the system. You are not killing totalitarianism. Totalitarianism is an idea.

Ideas are powerful. Nazism influenced normal men to kill millions. The idea of medicine has saved millions. We are coerced by government today because millions believe government is necessary. If billions can be taught government is necessary, billions can be taught government is unnecessary.

You must combat the idea of totalitarianism with the idea of liberty.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Even if you did manage to violently overthrow the government, millions of frightened people would rush to set up a new government. You better hope the frightened populace rush to benevolent leaders, not totalitarian leaders.

The first violent American revolution was not a permanent solution for society. Totalitarianism has slowly crept upon the American government.

If you shoot a government employee that coerces, you are killing a victim of the system. You are not killing totalitarianism. Totalitarianism is an idea.

Ideas are powerful. Nazism influenced normal men to kill millions. The idea of medicine has saved millions. We are coerced by government today because millions believe government is necessary. If billions can be taught government is necessary, billions can be taught government is unnecessary.

You must combat the idea of totalitarianism with the idea of liberty.

I don't know anyone here who advocates that. I know a lot of people who advocate divorcement (I'm a huge proponent). You think they are going to let us go peacefully? I want no part of DC. I want no part of any other state. I want to live my life peacefully with other voluntaryists in a free society. There are a lot of us, and many of us share the same passion from the Sea Steading Institute, to Libertopia, to many many people in NH and across the country.

As for your second part, you must combat tyranny with both the gun (self-defense), and the mind (philosophy). As demonstrated throughout history, a disarmed, a malnurished, and an indolent population are the edifices of tyranny. By killing the agents of tyranny, you stop the enforcers. Without enforcers tyranny does not exist. I like Solzhenityzn a lot.

HenryAlan
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
If things begin to go south you can bet your bottom dollar that the US government or whatever is left it will have its hand quite full. I would except Russia to annex and Alaska. China would probably create its own government and well things begin to, Russia will take the California and much of the south-west. Newyork and the othre Now it starts to get interesting. There is no reason, no reason at that point that we can not create our own State.

DjLoTi
02-15-2010, 09:39 PM

I served 4 years active duty military where I was 'ready to die' for my country. It is because of this passion that I started a 24/7 internet radio station, the only one of its kind, dedicated to the election of Ron Paul.

I think this kind of passion may not be overtly displayed, but is clearly evident when you examine the attitude and motivations towards Ron Paul supporters. I'm hoping for a 2012 run, but if that doesn't work, I have a song that could describe the situation. we're in this together - nine inch nails. ;)

KramerDSP
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM

That video isn't captioned, but you could let your friends know about the website I run (see signature). There are 100+ videos subtitled for Deaf and hard-of-hearing folks and easily searchable.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
I served 4 years active duty military where I was 'ready to die' for my country. It is because of this passion that I started a 24/7 internet radio station, the only one of its kind, dedicated to the election of Ron Paul.

I think this kind of passion may not be overtly displayed, but is clearly evident when you examine the attitude and motivations towards Ron Paul supporters. I'm hoping for a 2012 run, but if that doesn't work, I have a song that could describe the situation. Head like a hole - nine inch nails. ;)

I like these:

YouTube - Rise Against: Black Masks And Gasoline (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfPVQcAdQ0)
YouTube - 30 Seconds to Mars: R-Evolve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FyYEpovOM)
:p