PDA

View Full Version : Governor Gary Johnson to release ‘Three Point Plan for Economic Prosperity’

Flash
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and Honorary Chairman of the OUR America Initiative, said today during his trip through Southern California that a “Three Point Plan for Economic Prosperity” will be unveiled Tuesday, February 9, 2010, at 6:00 PM at a special press event in Washington, D.C., at the office of the Reason Magazine, 1747 Connecticut Avenue NW. Governor Johnson has been meeting with top national economists from around the country to discuss this plan.

“The launch of the OUR America Initiative is providing opportunities for individual citizens to take part in meaningful public discussion on the future of our country”

“We believe we have adopted a plan to bring America’s economy into long-term prosperity,” Johnson stated. “This would include cutting expenditures, cutting taxes and shrinking the Federal involvement in the economy.”

Governor Johnson has also been meeting with citizens to discuss public policies and ideas that put people before politics, focusing heavily on getting the economy back on track and creating jobs. “Based on discussions with the people we have been meeting, as well as my own governing experience and significant research with economic experts, we have developed an initial outline of common sense approaches to begin to renew our economy,” Johnson stated. “I look forward to presenting this outline to the public, and to continuing the public dialogue regarding lower taxes and reducing our deficits.”

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100203006917&newsLang=en
Hmm sounds interesting. Will be revealed next Tuesday.

bucfish
02-04-2010, 06:40 PM
bump

lx43
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
He should recommend astleast cutting the budget by $1 trillion.

Elwar
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
He should recommend astleast cutting the budget by $1 trillion.

With Obama ramping up spending by the trillions, it would be nice to see one of our guys finally go in and show Americans that the US government can actually lower spending...I don't think that's ever happened. It would be perfect timing for it though.