PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in NH paper

Bradley in DC
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Dr. Paul was mentioned in local coverage of the debate in the influential New Hampshire Union Leader (http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Protesters+focus+on+policies %2c+personality&articleId=75b11b5a-6686-4ae1-b28b-33b227a06a07):

The pair said they were there to send a message that the people of New Hampshire were against the war, an d conceding that they did not support any of the Republican candidates.

Knoy said he knew Texas Republican Ron Paul was anti-war, but that did not change his party allegiances. "I can't quite go with this guy," Knoy said. "He's against the war, but he goes too far."
[snip]

The Texas congressman, Tom Moor said, was the candidate who had done the most to defend the U.S. Constitution and truly believed in the "Live Free or Die" motto of New Hampshire.

Despite being drawn to Paul, Moor would not describe himself as a Republican. "I'm more or less nonaligned, but I'm a Constitutionalist," Moor said.
[snip]

And for Nicolas Martin, a Ron Paul supporter from Indianapolis: "For me, the opposition to the war is key. His position on immigration is in line with the vast majority of Americans. The others, their positions are mush."