PDA

View Full Version : Poll: which do you believe is Dr. Paul's position?

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Let's say Dr. Paul had been kept abreast of the legitimate grassroots concerns and questions with respect to CFL from its inception.

Which response from Dr. Paul himself do YOU believe is more likely?

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Neither.

Dr. Paul should stand firm on the CFL. If anything Dr. Paul should address members of the CFL and state I am working towards the things I envisioned the CFL to achieve. I understand some people are upset about a recent ad. yada yada yada.

Basically Ron Paul should be re-selling what he created the CFL to do and ask people for their continued support.

However Dr. Paul can also state he understands there are some grass roots supporters who would like more transparency, accountability, and representation in a grass roots organization. He could state he thinks it a great idea and the more organizations spreading the philosophy of liberty the better. He could further wildly speculate if a grassroots organization is consistent with his message and beliefs he might even support it.

Just my two cents.

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 08:59 AM
He could further wildly speculate if a grassroots organization is consistent with his message and beliefs he might even support it.

hmmmm.

;)

pacelli
02-04-2010, 09:01 AM
For somebody who wants to audit and terminate the private federal reserve, I can't understand why Ron Paul wouldn't want the private C4L to answer all questions.

Maybe "Audit the C4L" would get some answers.

LittleLightShining
02-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Neither.

Dr. Paul should stand firm on the CFL. If anything Dr. Paul should address members of the CFL and state I am working towards the things I envisioned the CFL to achieve. I understand some people are upset about a recent ad. yada yada yada.

Basically Ron Paul should be re-selling what he created the CFL to do and ask people for their continued support.

However Dr. Paul can also state he understands there are some grass roots supporters who would like more transparency, accountability, and representation in a grass roots organization. He could state he thinks it a great idea and the more organizations spreading the philosophy of liberty the better. He could further wildly speculate if a grassroots organization is consistent with his message and beliefs he might even support it.

Just my two cents.There are two answers to this question. Would RP want the questions answered or not. NOT what should Ron Paul do now.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
There are two answers to this question. Would RP want the questions answered or not. NOT what should Ron Paul do now.

He doesn't have too because he did not create an organization based on transparency, accountability, and grass roots representation. The organization Ron Paul created is a reflection of his vision for the Republican party. Ron Paul said this is the organization I am creating and I am asking for your continued support with my agenda. People are trying to will the Campaign for Liberty into something it isn't. A bottom up grass roots organization. Recognize it for what it is.

YouTube - Campaign for Liberty Announcement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ)

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
He doesn't have too because he did not create an organization based on transparency, accountability, and grass roots representation. The organization Ron Paul created is a reflection of his vision for the Republican party. Ron Paul said this is the organization I am creating and I am asking for your continued support with my agenda. People are trying to will the Campaign for Liberty into something it isn't. A bottom up grass roots organization. Recognize it for what it is.

YouTube - Campaign for Liberty Announcement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ)

Wasn't this part of the controversy in the forum. People we're getting hammered for negative comments about the cfl when they were pointing out the cfl is not the great umbrella vehicle some grass roots supporters were making it out to be?

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 09:59 AM

Got it.

CFL is a GOP organization, and was never intended to be a transparent, accountable, botom up grassroots organization.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Got it.

CFL is a GOP organization, and was never intended to be a transparent, accountable, botom up grassroots organization.

Bullshit.

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Got it.

Allow me to clarify:

CFL is a GOP organization as evidenced by Dr. Paul's own statement in the video linked by LFOD.

CFL was never intended to be transparent to the grassroots as evidenced by the failure of CFL to respond to calls for transparency from the grassroots.

CFL was never intended to be accountable to the grassroots as evidenced by the refusal to answer questions and concerns expressed by the grassroots.

CFL was never intended to be a bottom up grassroots organization as evidenced by the Benton response in his interview with LibertyPulse to Maresco's suggestion that a grassroots representative be included on the board of CFL. (For the unaware, Benton dismissed the suggestion and said there will be no grassroots representative on the board of CFL.)

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Allow me to clarify:
CFL was never intended to be transparent to the grassroots

CFL was never intended to be accountable to the grassroots

CFL was never intended to be a bottom up grassroots organization

Evidenced in the formation of the organization and its ownership structure. It is accountable to it's owners. Its future success depends on happy customers. No different than any other enterprise.

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Evidenced in the formation of the organization and its ownership structure. It is accountable to it's owners. Its future success depends on happy customers. No different than any other enterprise.

I absolutely agree with that statement.

erowe1
02-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Based on his interview with Nystrom, I think RP is siding completely with the CFL leaders. Unfortunately, it seems he is fine with them digging in and not answering our questions.

dannno
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I thought they already said they made a mistake and weren't doing it again :confused:

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Based on his interview with Nystrom, I think RP is siding completely with the CFL leaders. Unfortunately, it seems he is fine with them digging in and not answering our questions.

This may be true...may not be....we'll never know.

tpreitzel
02-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Right, stop evading and answer ALL of the questions surrounding this incident directly! Shine some light on the motives of potential donors and the rats will scurry away (good thing) before infecting the whole neighborhood. The donors in this particular case need to be exposed regardless of Benton's opposition to it.

MsDoodahs
02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Right, stop evading and answer ALL of the questions surrounding this incident directly! Shine some light on the motives of potential donors and the rats will scurry away (good thing) before infecting the whole neighborhood. The donors in this particular case need to be exposed regardless of Benton's opposition to it.

I don't think that will happen, due to the 501(c)4 structure.

Aratus
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
i feel that dr. ron paul wants a dispassionate open dialogue where if there are two or three
sides to the questions, we keep the lines of communication open! he likes honesty above all!

tpreitzel
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Probably not which is why the C4L needs to reorganize for accountability and transparency. If I were a member of the C4L, I'd insist upon it before sending another dime. The issue is that important in exposing the motivations behind the donors. First, we need the names of the donors before we can expose their motivation for entangling the C4L in this fiasco.

Austin
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I <3 false dichotomies.

Mini-Me
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
There should be an "I don't know" option. I'd like to think Ron Paul would agree with the CFL answering the grassroots' questions, but I'm not sure this is the position he'd actually take. Back during an unnamed controversy during the elections, which I'm sure everyone is aware of, Ron Paul never really made a clear statement of his own directly addressing allegations people made towards him. It seems like his style there was, "pray it all goes away instead of drawing more attention to it by acknowledging it," and I'm not sure if he's learned from that apparent mistake or not.

erowe1
02-05-2010, 05:34 AM

I think that's the key to the whole thing.

Why did the donors choose to go through a 501(c)(4) group to fund their Ken Buck ad? Because that was the best way to keep secret who they are.

I think there's great potential here for someone with the right skills to do some serious investigative journalism to overturn the facts of what happened. The guys who interviewed Ron Paul and Jesse Benton were both playing softball.

MsDoodahs
02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
I think that's the key to the whole thing.

Why did the donors choose to go through a 501(c)(4) group to fund their Ken Buck ad? Because that was the best way to keep secret who they are.

I think there's great potential here for someone with the right skills to do some serious investigative journalism to overturn the facts of what happened. The guys who interviewed Ron Paul and Jesse Benton were both playing softball.

Why would the donor(s) NEED to keep their identity secret?

speculation makes for another thread...

:)

I can see softballs for Dr. Paul but for Benton? Oh, hell no. lol...

erowe1
02-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Why would the donor(s) NEED to keep their identity secret?

Or why would Ken Buck need them to keep their identities secret?

tpreitzel
02-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Right, the key to understanding this fiasco lies in discovering the identities of the donors.

As time allows, we simply keep the C4L's feet to the fire until they respond to our questions appropriately. In the meantime, we create a parallel organization from the bottom-up until the CFL's relevance dwindles and the grassroots' organization grows to replace it. Basically, stop promoting the C4L, stop funding it, and create a new parallel organization.

All of the above can be accomplished by 2012 if we relentlessly pursue the effort. Furthermore, the very act of creating a new organization from the bottom-up competitive to the CFL and responsive to the grassroots will likely force the hand of the CFL eventually. Money talks and competition is good.