PDA

View Full Version : freerepublic.com not listing Ron Paul in poll

walt
10-06-2007, 04:48 AM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/browse poll includes trancredo but not ron paul :mad:

MsDoodahs
10-06-2007, 04:51 AM
I have a different view of it.

To me, the polls that leave off Dr. Paul now, after the fab 3rd quarter, are showing fear of the ideas Dr. Paul is bringing to the table.

walt
10-06-2007, 04:52 AM
yes but they repress the expansion of Dr. Paul to new people

nexalacer
10-06-2007, 05:02 AM
They're a bunch of neo-cons that no one listens to anymore but other psychotic neo-cons. Let them be.

MsDoodahs
10-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Again, I take a slightly different view of it.

They repress expansion of the Paul message at their site.

They own the site.

It is their private property.

It's theirs to do with as they wish.

Ron Paul is on fire. The ideas are getting out there. More and more people are getting curious and looking to see what it is about Ron Paul that is so special. Their members are not immune from this curiousity. They'll seek out info on Dr. Paul on their own.

So you see, their choice to repress expansion of the Paul message at their site reflects negatively on the owners who have made that choice - but it is their right to make such a choice.

Let them choose to marginalize themselves.

:)

stevedasbach
10-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Also, they don't list Giuliani or McCain either. The poll is irrelevant.

Cap
10-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I frequent their site very often, mainly as a news site. My take on the whole scenario is that their excluding of Dr. Paul is in itself an acknowledgment of the growing fear they have for him. Their attacks on him are the worst I have ever seen. There is no rationale to any of it.

The good news is, that there are a number of Dr. Paul supporters on the site that conduct themselves with class and rationale, making excellent arguments for him.

Right now, at Free Republic, the NEOCons are eating their own. The underlying feeling one gets when spending any time on their site is that they are imploding. It's actually kind of fun to watch. :)

ConstitutionGal
10-06-2007, 06:47 AM
It doesn't matter how rational or nice you're playing over there. You WILL eventually get banned for supporting Ron Paul even though he used to be held up over there as a hero!!! I just got banned last week and have been posting there for almost 10 years. I can't whine about it, however. It IS JimRob's sandbox and every poster is there at his discretion.

Something to keep in mind about FreeRepublic is that JimRob has already registered FredRepublic.com and it's now being redirected to FreeRepbulic in the hopes of Fred garnering the nomination. Freep has turned into nothing but a warmongering machine and those who disagree are banned to shut them up.

FreedomLover
10-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Free republic is a neocon bastion, but the funny thing is they probably hate guiliani more than they hate ron paul.

WASH DC
10-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Pretty soon the FR poll will look like this:

If the Republican Presidential Primary were held today, and the following candidate was listed on your ballot, who would you choose?

o Fred Thompson

angelatc
10-06-2007, 07:25 AM
yes but they repress the expansion of Dr. Paul to new people

No, not really. They're practically in-breeding over there. There's nobody in those forums who doesn't know who Congressman Paul is.

It's a forum that is slowly dying anyway.

angelatc
10-06-2007, 07:45 AM
I just got banned last week and have been posting there for almost 10 years. I can't whine about it, however. It IS JimRob's sandbox and every poster is there at his discretion.

I was reading a pretty good debate there last week, and the Ron Paul supporter was asking a question when he got booted, so he just re-enrolled and continued the conversation.

What made me laugh was the response of the others in the conversation.

One of them said "Oh, you shouldn't have done that!" It made me wonder if the next step was getting suspended fro the internet, maybe detention. dunce cap...

Fred McRomliani
10-06-2007, 07:50 AM
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?c=1&f=555555&u=freerepublic.com&r=max&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610

Dave Wood
10-06-2007, 08:06 AM
All of you need to RELAX about FR.
They have conducted many many polls with RP in them.
They have even done polls with ONLY RP in it! He won.

Chill out!
What they are doing is interesting if you go through and look at all of their polls.
They are comparing different groups of cand. against one another.

It is more informative than just having the same stupid poll week after week.

Go to the right side of the page where you would vote and click polls and that will show you all of the results for all the polls. It is worth the time.

nexalacer
10-06-2007, 08:43 AM
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?c=1&f=555555&u=freerepublic.com&r=max&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610

A picture's worth 1000 words eh?