PDA

View Full Version : I Leave Town for Two Days...

BuddyRey
10-05-2007, 11:57 PM
and I come back to discover that Ron Paul has EXPLODED onto the national stage like an A-bomb. My dad and I had been waiting impatiently for this sea change over the course of several months, and missed it over a lousy plant delivery to a nursery in Frederick, MD. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. In fact, I'm THRILLED beyond measure!!! :D

We also spotted the handiwork of an RP supporter near mile 127-128 of I-95 near Tappahannock, VA. Who's going to own up to it??? We captured it via camera-phone, but I haven't figured out how to upload it yet. Once I do, I'll post it here!

Kregener
10-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Do they not have TV, radio and newspapers in Fredrick, MD?

:D

Ron Paul Fan
10-06-2007, 12:21 AM
You might as well put on a pot of coffee and stay up to watch Dr. Paul on Good Morning America in 5 hours to make up for all of the time lost. I can't believe you felt it necessary to take a vacation while the rest of us were busting our humps to spread the message. That was totally selfish of you and your dad. The money could have been used to send to Dr. Paul! I see you tried to cover your tracks by saying that you had to deliver a plant. Since when does it take 2 people to deliver one little plant? Life is not a vacation. We have a prodigious task ahead of us and we need everyone to unite. Your little rendezvous may have cost us the nomination and you know what will happen to us then? We'll all be sent to Guantanemo and die of hemoptysis. So start coughing up the cash to Dr. Paul or you'll soon be coughing up blood instead!!!!!!

TechnoGuyRob
10-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Don't forget to donate, Buddy Rey!

We need all the support we can get this month! This will be the hardest by far! We need to show we can raise $4 million, and then the next one should go much smoother.

Come on! Help! Help!

BuddyRey
10-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Do they not have TV, radio and newspapers in Fredrick, MD?

:D

Hehe! I deserve that! Normally, I'm rabid about picking up a Wash. Post and NY Times (along with the NY Post for laughs) at a little store in Ashland, VA that carries the major East-coast dailies, but I got lazy!

Also, our beloved Sirius Satellite Radio was on the fritz. It was HELL rolling through DC, listening to Beltway radio hosts blather on about how pregnant women should eat massive quantities of fish with impunity and not worry their pretty little heads at all about that mean old Mr. Mercury!!!

Travel Tip: If you're ever planning to leave the DC area heading southward during rush hour, for the love of Heaven, STAY AWAY FROM I-495, it's a JUNGLE OUT THERE!!! You can access Route 301 and escape the madness way faster than the other suckers! If we had known this, we may have arrived at the hotel in time to catch RP's appearance on The Situation Room (I'm amazed now watching the segment on YouTube. Cafferty practically endorsed him!)

BuddyRey
10-06-2007, 03:15 AM
You might as well put on a pot of coffee and stay up to watch Dr. Paul on Good Morning America in 5 hours to make up for all of the time lost. I can't believe you felt it necessary to take a vacation while the rest of us were busting our humps to spread the message. That was totally selfish of you and your dad. The money could have been used to send to Dr. Paul! I see you tried to cover your tracks by saying that you had to deliver a plant. Since when does it take 2 people to deliver one little plant? Life is not a vacation. We have a prodigious task ahead of us and we need everyone to unite. Your little rendezvous may have cost us the nomination and you know what will happen to us then? We'll all be sent to Guantanemo and die of hemoptysis. So start coughing up the cash to Dr. Paul or you'll soon be coughing up blood instead!!!!!!

We weren't technically on vacation (my dad's a regional trucker and I usually tag along), but you're right, I definitely don't want an ill-conceived flight of wanderlust to land us all in Gitmo. I'll try not to let it happen again (at least so close to the turn of the quarter!).

As for that RP sign we spotted on I-95...feast your eyes, fellow Paulaholics! Our windshield was pretty filthy with fog and bug carcasses (not to mention that I'm not exactly the Ansel Adams of the cell-phone set), but all things considered, this was quite a find!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/Buddy-Rey/GoogleRonPaul.jpg