PDA

View Full Version : Grayson still has more cash on hand than Rand

erowe1
02-03-2010, 08:59 AM
The point has probably already been made somewhere in the threads about Q4 fund raising. If so, it bears repeating. Rand has a lot more to be happy about than Grayson does. But he doesn't have an insurmountable lead, and Grayson has more money to spend.

We're not at a point where we can take anything for granted and slow down on fund raising. Grayson's cash on hand advantage is $100k. We should aim to more than overcome that, with enough extra to make up for the fact that Rand's campaign spends money faster than Trey's and wants to be able to continue to do so.

Aratus
02-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Sec' Trey Grayson could sit with his big boodle and then go totally "tres" governor's race in 2011!!!
He has the ability to withdraw, poll to the Nth degree and money* slam into a sitting Democrat!!
He has yet to get into a direct debate with Rand Paul in full, he has kept himself warm & fuzzy!

Austin
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Spot on. We can't lag behind in fundraising now. Grayson has a nice treasure trove there and you can bet a majority of that will be spent on attack ads. We need enough money to run our own positive ads as well as counter Grayson & Co.'s distortions. I'll be promoting the moneybomb very heavily.

klamath
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
deleted

itshappening
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
this is why it puzzles me we have no site yet for the next money bomb on March 6th

come on people, wake up and get organized we need to win

RyanRSheets
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Grayson is going to try to swift boat us. He will remain relatively detached from the campaign until maybe April, then he will begin attacking Rand on foreign policy and he will try to spin Rand as a pro-choice, anti-drug war Liberal.

dr. hfn
02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
honestly, I don't think anyone can stop Rand now, even if he didn't raise any more money

erowe1
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
honestly, I don't think anyone can stop Rand now, even if he didn't raise any more money

I really don't think that's a prudent attitude. Things can change fast. And Rand has enough eccentricities in policy that he could end up being more vulnerable to losing support from attack ads than people here might expect.

jabf2006
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Honestly, that's a pretty naive statement.

specsaregood
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Grayson has a nice treasure trove there and you can bet a majority of that will be spent on attack ads. We need enough money to run our own positive ads as well as counter Grayson & Co.'s distortions.

Well hopefully the RPII campaign is in the process of pre-purchasing all the best airtime, now, ahead of time.

MRoCkEd
02-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Terrible, terrible comment.

We need to make this Rand's best quarter yet.

Matt Collins
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Grayson is going to try to swift boat us. He will remain relatively detached from the campaign until maybe April, then he will begin attacking Rand on foreign policy and he will try to spin Rand as a pro-choice, anti-drug war Liberal.
Probably

Matt Collins
02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I agree. I believe his strategy will be to wait until the last week of the campaign and then start a vicious ad campaign that Rand doesn't have the money to refute. Rand needs to have the edge with cash on hand in the finial days oif the campaign.
Rand is holding back spending so he is prepared for that.

Flash
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
But perhaps more telling is how much more difficult it might be for Grayson to raise significant dollars in the next few months compared to Paul. Since many of Grayson's donors are "maxed out" he can't hit them for more primary cash. Paul on the other hand, having received many more smaller donations, is not limited in this manner as is Grayson.

Grayson's donor base contains the names of many "old guard" max GOP donors who have supported McConnell and the "party line" in the past. CLICK HERE While some may argue that times have changed, nevertheless Grayson's list includes the names of people who enjoy a reputation of high integrity and whose judgment is trusted by many GOP voters. Their financial stake in Grayson's campaign is the kind of endorsement which will produce many more votes than the uninitiated might at first suspect.

The bottom line is that Grayson is playing the same old game, while Paul has tapped into the energy of those who are tired of the same old game. Because neither currently enjoys a significant money advantage, it's all going to come down to who can get his voters to the polls on primary election day.

http://www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2010/02/drilling-down-into-the-campaign-finance-numbers.html