PDA

View Full Version : How did Ron earn the nickname Dr. No?

MsDoodahs
02-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Dr. Paul's voting record in Congress earned him the nick name Dr. No.

Question: Did that happen because Dr. Paul sacrificed his principles in order to play politics - or because he steadfastly refused to sacrifice his principles for political games?

klamath
02-03-2010, 08:49 AM
deleted

eric_cartman
02-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Dr. Paul's voting record in Congress earned him the nick name Dr. No.

Question: Did that happen because Dr. Paul sacrificed his principles in order to play politics - or because he steadfastly refused to sacrifice his principles for political games?

he never votes "yes" for anything that is unconstitutional. Therefore, he is often the lone "no" vote because the constiation does not authorize the congress to do a lot of what they do.

Elwar
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Actions speak louder than words. Ron Paul could go out tomorrow and say that "Communism is great" (not that he would) and it wouldn't mean a thing to people who actually take the time to look at his voting record.

That's why I support Gary (Veto) Johnson. His voting record is above and beyond anything he might say during a campaign. Even vetoing customized license plates (for good causes) because he felt that it was a waste of government resources and not the proper role of government reveals his principles.

eric_cartman
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Actions speak louder than words. Ron Paul could go out tomorrow and say that "Communism is great" (not that he would) and it wouldn't mean a thing to people who actually take the time to look at his voting record.

That's why I support Gary (Veto) Johnson. His voting record is above and beyond anything he might say during a campaign. Even vetoing customized license plates (for good causes) because he felt that it was a waste of government resources and not the proper role of government reveals his principles.

i've never heard of this guy before... but it appears that there is speculation that he might run for president in 2012... and he seems to be very similar to ron paul... so this could turn out to be a good liberty candidate to support

Meatwasp
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Dr Paul never stands in anyones shadow.

rancher89
02-03-2010, 10:33 AM
he never votes "yes" for anything that is unconstitutional. Therefore, he is often the lone "no" vote because the constiation does not authorize the congress to do a lot of what they do.

Winner

No1ButPaul08
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
i've never heard of this guy before... but it appears that there is speculation that he might run for president in 2012... and he seems to be very similar to ron paul... so this could turn out to be a good liberty candidate to support

you've never heard of gary johnson. He was both the highest ranking republican to have endorsed Ron Paul and was also the highest ranking Republican to HAVE NOT endorsed George W. Bush.

Romulus
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Dr No stands on principles, not politics. That's a good reminder to us all here.