PDA

View Full Version : Have you emailed all your friends yet?

enjerth
10-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Talking to your friends and relatives is important for the campaign. Emailing them (when possible) can be quick and easy.

If you haven't emailed all your friends and family yet telling them about Ron Paul, you can use or borrow parts from mine.

/Why I support Ron Paul/

I've never gotten involved in a presidential campaign before. Believe me, I wouldn't endorse someone unless I was really sold on them. So please, hear me out.

You may not have heard of him, so here's a short introduction. Ron Paul is a congressman from Texas who has served for 10 consecutive years. He's running for president as a republican, but he ran as an independent in 1988. His voting record in congress strongly indicates a firm and unyielding belief in the constitution as the rule of law.

Now I understand that, for those of you who have heard his campaign message and those who may yet, some of his arguments and points can seem way off-base. For some people, even those makes sense when they hear a full explanation and not just a 30 second or 1 minute sound byte from a debate.

But the bottom line for me is the bottom line. He's the ONLY person running for office that will address this country's run-away debt. My greatest concern for our security, our safety and our future is that we, as a nation, are headed to bankruptcy and headed there fast. I believe that this issue is more urgent than any other political issue at this time and Ron Paul is the only one who is even willing to address it.

There may be some of Ron Paul's policies that you may find difficult accepting. On Republican issues, he's against the Iraq war (the only congressman running for President besides Obama who voted against it), he's against the Department of Homeland Security, and the Patriot Act. On the Dept. of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act, he argues that they are unconstitutional. The issue of the Iraq war? That shouldn't be too big of a deal to overcome if you consider that he wouldn't even be in a position to do anything about it until 2009. I am for our continued presence there for the time, but I hope we're withdrawing troops by that time.

Or Democrat issues, he wants to overturn Roe vs. Wade. Again, citing the constitution, he doesn't believe that it should be a woman's right, but the states' right to decide if abortion is a legal option.

There are many other issues that he seems quite radical about, including eliminating the IRS and letting people opt out of paying Social Security taxes, but I don't think people would object to those so much. Like I said before, my support for him is mainly for the reason that he is for fiscal responsibility and turning this country around financially.

He wants to eliminate the Federal Reserve and re-institute the gold standard, putting an end to the government's control of the entire wealth of the nation.

If you find yourself responding favorably to his message, he needs your help. We need to get the Ron Paul message out. He is virtually unrecognized throughout the US. You can have the greatest impact by talking to your friends and family about Ron Paul. He also accepts donations at http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ .

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my little rant.

Maybe it's not the best message, but something is better than nothing, folks!

Anti-Donkey
10-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Ron Paul is a congressman from Texas who has served for 10 consecutive years. He's running for president as a republican, but he ran as an independent in 1988.

Didn't he run as a Libertarian?

Bryan
10-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Yes.

enjerth
10-06-2007, 12:02 AM

I said it wasn't the best message. Correct me if you wish.

voortrekker
10-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I have been emailing people like a Banshee.

Every new email I get with new email addresses, thay go on my "Ron Paul" list of addresses, many of whom I do not even know.

It's do or die people, and I am fighting to get Ron Paul elected the best I can.

We have to!

winston84
10-06-2007, 01:26 AM
I send a couple e-mails to friends or relatives everyday until I reach the end of my address book. Just a tip, its good to personalize every e-mail you send out even if its just the first few sentences.

bc2208
10-06-2007, 02:15 AM
I've been spamming the hell out of Libertarians at my school on Facebook.

thehittgirl
10-06-2007, 05:49 AM
I email a lot!