PDA

View Full Version : Sara Palin endorsement?

mstrmac1
02-03-2010, 12:59 AM
where do you stand?

Malachi
02-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Thrilled!

0zzy
02-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Totally happy.. Sara speaks like us!

I want to see a TV ad endorsement from Sarah Palin, Steve Forbes, and...tea party activist? :)

Pauls' Revere
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
You will know them by thier actions....

TheTyke
02-03-2010, 01:59 AM

Let's face it, this is epic for Rand. No two ways about it. But I'm sure she's got her agenda too.... so we're all happy!

Dreamofunity
02-03-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't like the woman, would never personally vote or support her, but I'm thrilled about the prospect of her helping Rand.

silverhandorder
02-03-2010, 07:37 AM

MRoCkEd
02-03-2010, 07:44 AM

erowe1
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM
What kind of choices are these? This poll is ridiculous.

How does being happy about the Palin endorsement mean that someone "speaks like us"? And what does "Great. But need to see more." mean? And the explanation for choice 3 is the word "But" with a question mark after it? Really? Does that make sense to someone as an answer in a multiple choice question?

I think my answer is "all of the above," so I didn't choose any.

klamath
02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
What kind of choices are these? This poll is ridiculous.

How does being happy about the Palin endorsement mean that someone "speaks like us"? And what does "Great. But need to see more." mean?

I think my answer is "all of the above," so I didn't choose any.
I love these polls that just drip with bias and are trying to get results they are looking for.

Austin
02-03-2010, 08:28 AM

UtahApocalypse
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Amazing how our own members have learned to write polls like F U Frank that completely direct the meaning to something else.

Elwar
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I am pleased with the endorsement and will hold my tongue about her for a while because of it.

I give her (and her staff) credit for having some understanding of what's actually going on here.

AParadigmShift
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Her Rogueness has never struck me as anything but a neocon - she's clearly devoid of any trueconservative, old right principles (but, so it is with the vast majority of self-identifying "conservatives" nowadays).

And if pressed further, I'd go as far to say she's an idiot, however, for our immediate [political] purpose, a useful idiot.

Matt Collins
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
She is bringing voters to Rand. That's a good thing.

dannno
02-03-2010, 01:03 PM

StudentForPaul08
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
F her!

JoshLowry
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Same.

Terrible poll choices.

surf
02-03-2010, 03:31 PM

same

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 03:34 PM
F her!

this

leipo
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
F her!

I think the people behind Sarah Palin decided it would be wise for her to endorse Rand Paul in order to pick up some 'street cred' for her 2012 bid for the presidency. They know Rand Paul is the true tea party candidate and that he most likely will win the race, so they couldn't ignore him.
I didn't mention street cred in it's original context. Instead, it refers to the growing number of people taking it to the streets and to the people forced out on the streets in terms of losing their job and/or house.

BTW, i don't think Sarah Palin, on her own, is much of a threat to Ron Paul in 2012. But i got this hunch that she will team up with Marco Rubio, and that could very well be disastrous.

jmdrake
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
YouTube - I Don't Care (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygKHdv19Kk)

DAFTEK
02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
FUK HER! she's a desperate bitch.

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah. I'm starting to like Palin more the more people hate her. Reminds me of other candidates I support.

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah. I'm starting to like Palin more the more people hate her. Reminds me of other candidates I support.

if you support her as a candidate, there is a good possibility you are on the wrong forums

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
if you support her as a candidate, there is a good possibility you are on the wrong forums

There is a difference in not supporting her and acting like douchebags. That's the point of my comment. Saying "Fuck Her" and other negative things is not a way to sway people to our philosophy and our views. The one thing I hate about supporting the Pauls is there is a bad Sean Hannity douchebagesque quality to some of our ilk who can not accept someone changing their views or disagreeing with us.

Also, as a lifelong Goldwater Republican I would say I belong on this forum more than most.

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
There is a difference in not supporting her and acting like douchebags. That's the point of my comment. Saying "Fuck Her" and other negative things is not a way to sway people to our philosophy and our views. The one thing I hate about supporting the Pauls is there is a bad Sean Hannity douchebagesque quality to some of our ilk who can not accept someone changing their views or disagreeing with us.

Also, as a lifelong Goldwater Republican I would say I belong on this forum more than most.

That is why I have remained mostly silent on her endorsement. But you did imply that you supported palin as a candidate in your previous post. her views are very contrary to most of the people in this movement.

Also, it is kind of hypocritical to call out people who call palin names...by calling them names i.e. douchebaggy hannity ilk

olehounddog
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
You will know them by thier actions....

Amen

BenIsForRon
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
What a shitty poll. Are you one of those people who clicks on all those useless polls in web ads?

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
That is why I have remained mostly silent on her endorsement. But you did imply that you supported palin as a candidate in your previous post. her views are very contrary to most of the people in this movement.

Also, it is kind of hypocritical to call out people who call palin names...by calling them names i.e. douchebaggy hannity ilk

One. I never said I supported but, "I liked her more."

Two. What views are contrary? Because, honestly, most have no clue where she stands and myself and people like Jack Hunter "The Southern Avenger" have stated this before. I honestly think she has no clue either and that is why I am waiting to see her upcoming speeches in Nashville and such.

Three. Calling them names? I am commenting on their actions. I said they are acting like or a quality of action that is douchebag or Sean Hannity like. The one thing we need to do is keep our discourse on a higher level than the "Too Kooky" and Mark Levin crowds.

Gleaner
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
FUK HER! she's a desperate bitch.

This type of comment really helps your candidate!! Your supposed to be trying to win over support for your cause. With this kind of gratitude for someones public support you are doing damage to your cause.

Sarah Palin is a good Conservative who has greatly helped our cause against liberalism. We have got to work within the system to change it.

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
One. I never said I supported but, "I liked her more."

I didn't say you said it, I said you implied it in this quote:

Two. What views are contrary?

The fact that you say she doesn't even know what her views are says enough but here are a few items from wiki:

Palin supported the Bush Administration's policies in Iraq

Palin supports preemptive military action in the face of an imminent threat, and supports U.S. military operations in Pakistan. Palin supports NATO membership for Ukraine and Georgia,[246] and affirms that if Russia invaded a NATO member, the United States should meet its treaty obligations

increased funding to the Police Department

Palin introduced a ballot measure proposing the construction of a municipal sports center to be financed by a 0.5% sales tax increase...The city's long-term debt grew from about $1 million to $25 million through voter-approved indebtedness of $15 million for the sports complex, $5.5 million for street projects, and $3 million for water improvement projects.

Wasilla librarian Mary Ellen Emmons strongly objected to remarks by Palin that Emmons characterized as being about censorship.

In June 2007, Palin signed a record $6.6 billion operating budget into law

Palin supports allowing the discussion of creationism in public schools,

Palin opposes same-sex marriage

She supports capital punishment

Palin has expressed skepticism about the causes of global warming,[241] but agrees that "man's activities certainly can be contributing to the issue" and that action should be taken

In 2005, before Palin was elected governor, Congress passed a $442-million earmark for constructing two Alaska bridges as part of an omnibus spending bill. The Gravina Island Bridge received nationwide attention as a symbol of pork-barrel spending...In 2006, Palin ran for governor with a "build-the-bridge" plank in her platform,[109] saying she would "not allow the spinmeisters to turn this project [...] into something that's so negative...As governor, Palin canceled the Gravina Island Bridge in September 2007, saying that Congress had "little interest in spending any more money" due to what she called "inaccurate portrayals of the projects."[112] Alaska chose not to return the $442 million in federal transportation funds...In 2008, as a vice-presidential candidate, Palin characterized her position as having told Congress "thanks, but no thanks, on that bridge to nowhere." This angered some Alaskans in Ketchikan, who said that the claim was false and a betrayal of Palin's previous support for their community

Plus she is a quitter:

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.[68] She chaired the Commission beginning in 2003, serving as Ethics Supervisor.[69] Palin resigned in January 2004,

but did not complete her second term on the city council

In 2004, Palin told the Anchorage Daily News that she had decided not to run for the U.S. Senate that year, against the Republican incumbent, Lisa Murkowski, because her teenage son opposed it

On July 3, 2009, Palin announced at a press conference that she would not run for reelection in the 2010 Alaska gubernatorial election and would resign before the end of July

Three. Calling them names? I am commenting on their actions. I said they are acting like or a quality of action that is douchebag or Sean Hannity like. The one thing we need to do is keep our discourse on a higher level than the "Too Kooky" and Mark Levin crowds.

Then perhaps they were commenting on her actions as well

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Sarah Palin is a good Conservative it.

umm...no she is not

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I didn't say you said it, I said you implied it in this quote:

I was saying many people I support are misunderstood or prejudged by who's around them. Remember Ron's accused of being a "Truther."

The fact that you say she doesn't even know what her views are says enough but here are a few items from wiki:
I would venture to say carrying the ball for McCain these thoughts may not prove to be her own. But, that said.... her past is hard to run from but, a flip flop does happen with candidates. That's why one must stay open minded and accepting of a popular figures right to switch their opinion. Plus, I'm not sure wikipedia is the greatest source to use. Also, in context The Charlie Gibson interview shows she had no clue what she was pimping and she was just mouthing the McCain playbook. I'd love to see pre-VP candidate opinions and current statements:
YouTube - Sarah Palin Holds Forth on Bush Doctrine, Pakistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU&feature=player_embedded)

Plus she is a quitter:
Meh. Not sure the reasons for her quitting in each case but, yeah you could label her a quitter. You got her there.

Then perhaps they were commenting on her actions as well

Um, yeah:

F her!
The above you said "This" so that had shown you were not speaking truth when you said "That is why I have remained mostly silent on her endorsement."

I find it comical the people who want to tell a supporter of a candidate I support says "fuck her" when she supports the same person we pull for. Wow. I hope you guys stay home and don't mix with the general public. It hurts the cause more than helps.

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Let's not forget she's a big state's rights person. If we can work with her from there we can mold people's views.

I think Jack Hunter said it best:
http://www.youtube.com/user/southernavenger#p/search/0/ai3Tt69SCsg

anaconda
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
What a shitty poll. Are you one of those people who clicks on all those useless polls in web ads?

I felt it was a worthwhile poll. It is relevant to know what the Ron Paul supporters think about her in this regard.:)

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
The above you said "This" so that had shown you were not speaking truth when you said "That is why I have remained mostly silent on her endorsement."

I would say i was "speaking truth"

there was another thread where i asked why, if people on these forums do not like her, are they happy about the endorsement. other than that, and our little discussion I have remained silent on the issue

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
I would say i was "speaking truth"

there was another thread where i asked why, if people on these forums do not like her, are they happy about the endorsement. other than that, and our little discussion I have remained silent on the issue

Other than you agreeing to "F" her. Maybe you were stating your sexual wants and not opposing her. Did I read it wrong?

People who throw tantrums over people having varying opinions remind me of the "Mommy" who went Meltdown over her Palin support when she endorsed Rand and not Bill Johnson.

Also, as someone who lives in Kentucky we have to move the party back to our Goldwater roots from the Christian Right (i.e. Alan Keyes types) and Sarah Palin has enough pull to attract them to Rand who can then educate them.

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Other than you agreeing to "F" her. Maybe you were stating your sexual wants and not opposing her. Did I read it wrong?

People who throw tantrums over people having varying opinions remind me of the "Mommy" who went Meltdown over her Palin support when she endorsed Rand and not Bill Johnson.

Also, as someone who lives in Kentucky we have to move the party back to our Goldwater roots from the Christian Right (i.e. Alan Keyes types) and Sarah Palin has enough pull to attract them to Rand who can then educate them.

Nope, I have no sexual desire for the "hockey mom" the "pitbull with lipstick" she has about the same intellect of GW, I find it rather unappealing.

who is throwing a tantrum? not I

I may be mistaken, but I think Goldwater had a pretty shitty foreign policy as well.

BamaFanNKy
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Nope, I have no sexual desire for the "hockey mom" the "pitbull with lipstick" she has about the same intellect of GW, I find it rather unappealing.

who is throwing a tantrum? not I

I may be mistaken, but I think Goldwater had a pretty shitty foreign policy as well.

I've had some good times with dumb chicks. :eek:

I didn't say you were.

'I'd say it's the god-damned stupidest foreign policy blunder this country's ever made!'"- Goldwater on the Iran Arms sell.

Also from your favorite Wiki:

Goldwater's provocative advocacy of aggressive tactics to prevent the spread of communism in Asia led to effective counterattacks from Lyndon B. Johnson and his supporters, who claimed that Goldwater's militancy would have dire consequences, possibly even nuclear war. Regarding Vietnam, Goldwater charged that Johnson's policy was devoid of "goal, course, or purpose," leaving "only sudden death in the jungles and the slow strangulation of freedom."[21] Goldwater's own rhetoric on nuclear war was viewed by many as quite uncompromising, a view buttressed by off-hand comments such as, "Let's lob one into the men's room at the Kremlin."[22]
The man wanted goals set on declared war. He was by the constitution. Plus, it was a time where your enemy was a country. Goldwater did not perpetual war for our soldiers to die. He wanted war to have goals and timelines and to get out ASAP.

He was pro women's right to choose and felt Gay marriage was a personal choice. Man was more libertarian than Ron and Rand.

disorderlyvision
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I've had some good times with dumb chicks. :eek:

at least you admit she is dumb

I didn't say you were.

I must have misinterpreted since you were quoting me, and that was in your reply.

'I'd say it's the god-damned stupidest foreign policy blunder this country's ever made!'"- Goldwater on the Iran Arms sell.

Also from your favorite Wiki:

wiki is not my favorite, i just didnt feel like wasting a bunch of time looking at multiple sources for frickin sarah palin

The man wanted goals set on declared war. He was by the constitution. Plus, it was a time where your enemy was a country. Goldwater did not perpetual war for our soldiers to die. He wanted war to have goals and timelines and to get out ASAP.

He was pro women's right to choose and felt Gay marriage was a personal choice. Man was more libertarian than Ron and Rand.

I'm not going to argue with you on goldwater, I wasnt alive when he was around, I haven't felt the need to research him thoroughly. I think there was a thread previously on this forum saying he wanted to bomb someone, or nuke them or some such stuff. i dont feel like looking for it so I will concede the point.