PDA

View Full Version : UN agency calls for global cyberwarfare treaty, ‘driver’s license’ for Web users

Vessol
02-02-2010, 11:58 PM
http://rawstory.com/2010/01/agency-calls-global-cyberwarfare-treaty-drivers-license-web-users/

tpreitzel
02-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Nothing new under the sun and most of us saw this scenario coming. Create a problem, i.e. a government-sponsored networking solution, and then conjure an excuse to control it after the solution is widely adopted. Maybe, the world needs more independent, commercialized "CIS" alternatives rather than one big government-sponsored network. Apparently, more and more BBS's, etc. will be making a comeback along with other alternatives. Now, how do we regain control of some of the FCC-controlled infrastructure?

"The Internet is the biggest command and control center for every bad guy out there," he said.

O'rly? Don't forget governments and supranational organizations like the UN. Play fair.... ;)

Mini-Me
02-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Nothing new under the sun and most of us saw this scenario coming. Create a problem, i.e. a government-sponsored networking solution, and then conjure an excuse to control it after the solution is widely adopted. Maybe, the world needs more independent, commercialized "CIS" alternatives rather than one big government-sponsored network. Apparently, more and more BBS's, etc. will be making a comeback along with other alternatives. Now, how do we regain control of some of the FCC-controlled infrastructure?

"The Internet is the biggest command and control center for every bad guy out there," he said.

O'rly? Don't forget governments and supranational organizations like the UN. Play fair.... ;)

I guess I just thought they fell under the definition of "every bad guy." ;)

NoHero
02-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Question: Can you lose this license if you are surfing while intoxicated? Or just for criticizing the governance and being deemed a threat?

akihabro
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Does this treaty ban all registered users of ronpaulforums from operating on the internet, forever?

InterestedParticipant
02-03-2010, 08:29 PM
That's like the Devil calling God the enemy (ie. "Screwtape Letters (http://www.amazon.com/Screwtape-Letters-C-S-Lewis/dp/0060652934)" by C.S. Lewis). Everyone who doesn't work for THEM is the enemy.