PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate fundraising stats:

ronpaulyourmom
10-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Saw this on Dailypaul; very cool. Big ups to Chowda.

http://splat.chowda.net/fundraiser/

CasualApathy
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
It shows that if the pace doesnt pick up we are going to raise only 5 million of the 12 million goal.

cujothekitten
10-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Yup we need to pick up the pace. Maybe the fundraiser in Nashville with bring in a lot of cash. If you’re going to be there make sure you make the rounds asking for donations.

rp4prez
10-05-2007, 11:44 PM
that's a pretty cool page! Oh and is the site only showing online donations or are they going to be adding other donations to the lady liberity?

Ron Paul Fan
10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
It shows that if the pace doesnt pick up we are going to raise only 5 million of the 12 million goal.

Yep. We're only at a strenuous pace right now when we should be at a grueling pace. We'll never finish the Oregon Trail at this rate. We need to pay the extra cash to Ron Paul and take the ferry across the river instead of fording the river with Mike Huckabee. He's drowned and is dead, but we stayed alive with our impressive showing last quarter. Dr. Paul has called upon us to help him raise $12 million to compete in the early primary states and as of now I'd say that we've failed. It's only been 5 days, but we've failed. The consequences if we don't succeed are prodigious. We will all be labled as terrorists and thrown into Guantanemo where we'll all die of dysentery. So start coughing up the cash people, or you'll soon be coughing up blood instead!!!!!!!

Jordan
10-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I think we need to be patient with the numbers. As people recover from the last week of the great push for deposits, donations will only increase.

More people are being introduced to Paul everyday, which means new votes and new money. In the last week alone, I know that I have personally convinced 15-20 of my friends into a vote for Paul

Larofeticus
10-06-2007, 12:35 AM
As the base of supporters we are now, we can't meet that goal. We have to step up and add to our ranks; thats the only way to do it. Find and convince new people to donate. It's actually not that hard a sell. You can easily claim ron paul needs your money to do well, unlike hillary or guiliani or rich ole' romney.

literatim
10-06-2007, 12:43 AM
As the base of supporters we are now, we can't meet that goal. We have to step up and add to our ranks; thats the only way to do it. Find and convince new people to donate. It's actually not that hard a sell. You can easily claim ron paul needs your money to do well, unlike hillary or guiliani or rich ole' romney.

There is nothing to suggest that we can't meet the goal. It does, however, take a push from the community though. For example, websites putting up the statue of liberty counter.

McDermit
10-06-2007, 12:46 AM
need weekly goals. Person to put us over each week should be featured under supporter spotlight (if they want to be.)

theseus51
10-06-2007, 01:11 AM
We can do it, as long as they add in other donations too, like when he does those big fundraisers. If it's purely online donations, we're in trouble.

Syren123
10-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Some of us had to wait to get paid again. Had to shop for food, clothes, silver coins, gasoline. I think we're back into donation shape.

devil21
10-06-2007, 01:20 AM
There's a part of me that wishes the campaign would do more to raise funds though. They can't rely on us for everything.

Ron Paul Fan
10-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Some of us had to wait to get paid again. Had to shop for food, clothes, silver coins, gasoline. I think we're back into donation shape.

That's no excuse. Ron Paul says that we should never sacrifice liberty for security so you are going against what he says! All money that you make from here on out should be donated to Ron Paul until you're maxed out. I went without all of those things you mentioned for a couple months! I took the bus, mooched food off of everyone else, went without silver coins, and had enough clothes to last me. If you want to keep sacrificing liberty for security and ensure that Hillary becomes our next President, then keep buying luxury items. But if you want to regain our liberty, then start pitching in and donating your paychecks to the cause.

Ron Paul Fan
10-06-2007, 01:33 AM
There's a part of me that wishes the campaign would do more to raise funds though. They can't rely on us for everything.

They can't rely on us for everything? Then where are they suppose to get their money? Print it out of thin air? Have a bake sale down on the corner with CCR? NO! They have to rely on us to give them the funds to be able to compete. Dr. Paul is counting on us to come through and he's doing all of the fundraisers that he can to do his part. We have to start doing our part and sacrificing a little bit in the name of liberty. You do want Dr. Paul to win don't you? They're relying on us to raise the funds just like they have thus far. Up to this point we've came through, but some of our attitudes have turned negative and we're going down next year if we don't change it and we have to wake up to this fact!

devil21
10-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Actually, I meant spending some of it. There's also a reason why RP has more cash on hand than everyone else (relatively speaking). That's because they aren't spending anything and just relying on us. It's clear that there is now a lull in donations and that's simply because most people can't afford to keep giving at the pace we kept up at the end of Q3. Bills still need to be paid, mouths need to be fed, etc. The campaign itself needs to step up and start spending some of that money to reach new supporters. Anybody see any tv commercials anywhere? How about radio ads? Maybe a half page ad in a newspaper that WASNT paid for by supporters?

That was my point.

DanConway
10-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Yep. We're only at a strenuous pace right now when we should be at a grueling pace. We'll never finish the Oregon Trail at this rate. We need to pay the extra cash to Ron Paul and take the ferry across the river instead of fording the river with Mike Huckabee. He's drowned and is dead, but we stayed alive with our impressive showing last quarter. Dr. Paul has called upon us to help him raise $12 million to compete in the early primary states and as of now I'd say that we've failed. It's only been 5 days, but we've failed. The consequences if we don't succeed are prodigious. We will all be labled as terrorists and thrown into Guantanemo where we'll all die of dysentery. So start coughing up the cash people, or you'll soon be coughing up blood instead!!!!!!!

Hahaha, great post.

I remember Oregon Trail...you should never ford the river, as I recall. It didn't work much. Forget taking the ferry, though; there was a third thing (it involved basically floating the wagon across the river like a raft, I think) that was free and almost always worked.

Thunderbolt
10-06-2007, 01:51 AM

I use that Tax free tips flier all the time and boy is it effective. Again, tonight I handed it to my waitress with my payment for my bill and told her "I know you are busy, but here is a bill that is currently in Congress that would make tips tax free." Before I could utter another word she begged me for it. I gave her that and about 20 slim jims. She couldn't wait to tell the other waiters and waitresses about it and thanked me for the information. I have done this several times now and I figure I may have hit at least 100 people with information doing almost nothing.

This bill is huge! http://therobert.org/stuff/rpmq3/TaxFreeTipsFlyer.pdf

It is a great way to get more folks into the campaign. (Oh, and I use the new slim jims, they are wayyyyyyy better.)

CasualApathy
10-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Ron Paul Fan; I see you picking fights all over this forum. How about spreading some positive vibes for a change? This is not a comment on what you've said, simply the way you say it.

Freedom
10-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Here are some amazing statistics:

To raise $12,000,000 in the fourth quarter, we need to raise approximately $1,000,000 each week. There are, as of this moment, 51,361 people signed up on ronpaul.meetup.com. If each of those people gave just $20 each week, we would easily surpass the $12,000,000 goal!

Okay, now let's assume that 23% (source: previous posting) of those people are "maxed out", i.e. have already given $2,300 (or have no more room on their credit card :D ). If the remaining supporters dug deep and only gave $25 each week, we would easily surpass the $12,000,000 goal.

And this doesn't even count the fact that membership on ronpaul.meetup.com is growing at 6% per WEEK.

The message? WE CAN DO THIS!!!

What should new Ron Paul supporters do?

1. Register with the campaign website: ww.ronpaul2008.com

2. Donate as much as you can to the campaign. Try to do a minimum of $25/week at https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate)

3. Learn more about Ron Paul's message of freedom, peace, and prosperity:
a. Articles - www.ronpaullibrary.org (http://www.ronpaullibrary.org)
b. Speeches - www.ronpaulaudio.com (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com)
c. Videos - www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom (http://www.youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom)
or www.ronpaultv.com (http://www.ronpaultv.com)

4. Tell family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers about Ron Paul.

5. Have them repeat steps 1-5.

wgadget
10-06-2007, 06:21 AM
We're all just taking a short breather...Never fear!

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-06-2007, 07:24 AM
We're all just taking a short breather...Never fear!

Thank you for your generous donation of $25.00!

Contribution received!
Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

Liberty
10-06-2007, 07:55 AM

I agree and is why I ordered slim jims from the campaign. I was going to deliver them door to door, but then thought there might be more effective ways, such as putting them on car windows at malls or handing them out at events. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Lois
10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Freedom!

Yes, we need a plan - systematic, automated doning. We can do it through the meetups. How about automatically taking out $25 a week through our bank accounts.

Also, we have to get everyone to sign the $100 milion pledgebank.

Lois

itsnobody
10-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Great site thanks

andrewgreve
10-06-2007, 10:10 AM
"The projection algorithm is just a basic least squares regression... I'm looking for something a little better... so that may change at any time. "

Yeah, least squares is what is giving such a low projection. He needs to at at the very least add some squared terms and test for joint significance. I don't think the least squares model will work at all, though. We're growing exponentially. Don't put too much stock in this projection made by this model.

MicroBalrog
10-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Here are some amazing statistics:

To raise $12,000,000 in the fourth quarter, we need to raise approximately $1,000,000 each week. There are, as of this moment, 51,361 people signed up on ronpaul.meetup.com. If each of those people gave just $20 each week, we would easily surpass the $12,000,000 goal!

Okay, now let's assume that 23% (source: previous posting) of those people are "maxed out", i.e. have already given $2,300 (or have no more room on their credit card :D ). If the remaining supporters dug deep and only gave $25 each week, we would easily surpass the $12,000,000 goal.

And this doesn't even count the fact that membership on ronpaul.meetup.com is growing at 6% per WEEK.

Is it possible to reach individual Meetup members thorugh PM or email like it is with Facebook and Myspace members?

csen
10-06-2007, 10:55 AM
This campaign is about growth. $630k in the first quarter, $2.4 million in the second quarter, $5.1 million in the third quarter. We're looking to grow another 135% to $12 million in the fourth quarter. It's a bit unrealistic to think we're going to be at our average donation rate for the fourth quarter in the first month, especially after a strong end-of-quarter push. I would've liked to see the campaign take this into account for the monthly goals -- say $3 million for October, $4 million for November, and $5 million for December. If we do get to $4 million in October I imagine we'll end up raising far more than $12 million for the quarter.

0zzy
10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/0zzy/contributed.jpg

LibertyOfOne
10-06-2007, 02:14 PM
This thread needs to be a sticky

LibertyOfOne
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
bump

DrNoZone
10-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I agree and is why I ordered slim jims from the campaign. I was going to deliver them door to door, but then thought there might be more effective ways, such as putting them on car windows at malls or handing them out at events. Would appreciate any suggestions.

I think door to door is ultimately more effective. If you leave it on a car, it might just end up on the ground. Whereas if you leave it on a doorknob, most people will at least take it inside to throw it away, and just maybe they'll take a look at it on the way in.

BarryDonegan
10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
people have to see it a good 7 or 8 times for it to stick, so everything pretty much works. hand to hand is always way better though, because you can start ac onversation and get all 7or 8 reference in in one sitting.

Matt Collins
10-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Yup we need to pick up the pace. Maybe the fundraiser in Nashville with bring in a lot of cash. If you’re going to be there make sure you make the rounds asking for donations.
I think we had 65 at the fundraiser....

1575 was the official door count for the rally though.

That makes Nashville the BIGGEST RON PAUL RALLY EVER!!!
(right in Fred's backyard too!)