PDA

View Full Version : Illinoise Primary Results

Umbro2914
02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
comming in live
http://www.politico.com/2010/

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Looks like David Ratowitz is going to win the Primary. Wasn't he on Freedom Watch? Can anyone sum up his view points and philosophy? Anyone else to watch for in IL besides Adam?

Kylie
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
My precinct hasn't put in any results yet for the house.

Guess they are trying to figure out how to make Costello still look good.

:rolleyes:

CoreyBowen999
http://www.ratowitzforcongress.com/the-issues/national-defense

He looks good from here.

Dojo
Watching and hoping Joe Walsh wins 8th district................. Looking good so far!

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-02-2010, 08:38 PM

He looks good from here.

This is all that comes up:

<!--[endif]-->

nate895
02-02-2010, 08:40 PM

He looks good from here.

Sadly, he is running in the 5th, which I just looked, was represented in the past by none other than two of our favorite people: Rahm Emanuel and Rod Blagovich, both of whom won in blowouts.

torchbearer
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Watching and hoping Joe Walsh wins 8th district................. Looking good so far!

who is he?

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Sadly, he is running in the 5th, which I just looked, was represented in the past by none other than two of our favorite people: Rahm Emanuel and Rod Blagovich, both of whom won in blowouts.

Well, if he takes the strict libertarian position I think he may have a shot. Play to your constituents pet issues. I'm sure they would like someone who is Anti-War, Pro-Civil liberties, Anti-War on Drugs, Anti-MIC, etc. He's running against Mike Quigley. I would also pound the Fed and really try and educate them about simple Economics. Who knows.....seems the plausible route and it doesn't betray any principles..

t0rnado
02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
U.S. monetary policy – the determinant of interest rates, the money supply and myriad other factors – currently is shrouded in mystery by the Federal Reserve, supposedly to “protect” us from undue political pressure. The history of the Federal Reserve shows that that institution has consistently manipulated the money supply to satisfy political demands. It is time we recognized the inherently political nature of monetary policy and brought it into the open. A crucial first step in restoring soundness to and confidence in the system is an independent audit of the Federal Reserve Bank.

http://www.ratowitzforcongress.com/the-issues/monetary-policy

Chieftain1776
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow Mark Levin/Tea Party favorite Hughes is getting creamed by Kirk.

Flash
02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Wow Mark Levin/Tea Party favorite Hughes is getting creamed by Kirk.

Hughes announced his campaign in December and barely did any campaigning. Plus he focused on nutty issues like gay marriage.

TCE
02-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Mark Kirk is terrible, but it was obvious he would win. Random 3rd Party all the way!
David Ratowitz will very likely win, but in such a blue district, he is going to have to spend a ton of money.
Adam Andrzejewski is likely going to come in fifth. Unfortunately, a lack of funds disallowed him to compete against the $4 million brought on by McKenna.

Dojo, Walsh is a Neo-Con (although he is more free-market than the standard Neo-Con), there wasn't a better candidate in that race?

He supported putting 80,000 more troops in Afghanistan.

http://walshforcongress.com/issues/national-defense/

tonesforjonesbones
02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Is this going on today???
tones

Epic
02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Adam Andrzejewski is likely going to come in fifth. Unfortunately, a lack of funds disallowed him to compete against the $4 million brought on by McKenna.
[/URL]

Actually, McKenna is losing now. Dillard in the lead, it's close though. If Dillard wins, then somebody who really likes Obama will be the GOP choice for governor. Idiot Illinoisians.

Ratowitz got the 5th district GOP nod. He's a ron paul guy. It's a D+19 district, so he has little chance.

TCE
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Actually, McKenna is losing now. Dillard in the lead, it's close though. If Dillard wins, then somebody who endorsed Obama for president will be the GOP choice for governor. Idiot Illinoisians.

Ratowitz got the 5th district GOP nod. He's a ron paul guy. It's a D+19 district, so he has little chance.

I'm just saying, some serious money was thrown into this. Dillard and Brady were over $1 million. I am almost positive Adam's budget wasn't that high. I'm rooting for Brady now, he is awesome on gun owner rights and wants to allow Conceal Carry in Illinois.

Epic
02-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Apparently Adam Andrezrzjrzjski is 40 years old. He'll be around awhile. Maybe he'll run again down the line.

I think if this primary was in a couple of weeks, he would have won.

Epic
02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm just saying, some serious money was thrown into this. Dillard and Brady were over $1 million. I am almost positive Adam's budget wasn't that high. I'm rooting for Brady now, he is awesome on gun owner rights and wants to allow Conceal Carry in Illinois.

Yep Brady just pulled ahead.

TCE
02-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Apparently Adam Andrezrzjrzjski is 40 years old. He'll be around awhile. Maybe he'll run again down the line.

I think if this primary was in a couple of weeks, he would have won.

He definitely had some good momentum going for him in the last two weeks. Some flaws of his run:

* Media did not cover him, instead, they covered Dillard, McKenna, and Jim Ryan.
* Was outspend by almost everyone. I don't know his campaign budget, but I can't imagine it topped $1 million.
* Lack of signs. I saw 1 sign for him in a 30 mile drive across several main roadways and side streets. I even varied it up a few times just to look for signs, still only found the 1.
* Lack of TV ads. I didn't see one ad for him.
Can't remember the others.

All in all, I hope he runs for something else in the future, he's a good candidate.

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Well, if he takes the strict libertarian position I think he may have a shot. Play to your constituents pet issues. I'm sure they would like someone who is Anti-War, Pro-Civil liberties, Anti-War on Drugs, Anti-MIC, etc. He's running against Mike Quigley. I would also pound the Fed and really try and educate them about simple Economics. Who knows.....seems the plausible route and it doesn't betray any principles..

If that's the case we should moneybomb the hell out of him.

TCE
02-02-2010, 10:55 PM
If that's the case we should moneybomb the hell out of him.

Look where that district is, he has no shot.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM

He has a much better shot than John Dennis. :p

jmdrake
02-03-2010, 06:11 AM

A few months ago I would have told you no republican could win the Massachusetts senate race either.

haaaylee
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
"Another surprise winner was David Ratowitz in the Republican primary for Congressional District 5. Ratowitz is one of the most libertarian-leaning Republicans running this year, with backing from groups like the Republica Liberty Caucus and LibertySlate. He beat two conservative Republicans for a chance to run against incumbent Democrat Mike Quigley in the fall in a district which is mostly middle class Chicago suburbs and leans Democrat, but was held by a Republican during the mid 1990s."

http://blogcritics.org/politics/article/theyre-off-2010-election-season-officially/

http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/results/index.html

Did anybody else notice how many Green Party people were running?

Elwar
02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

who is he?

I believe he is better known for the Nintendo football game that he wrote:

http://www.coolrom.com/screenshots/snes/Bill%20Walsh%20College%20Football%20(2).gif

Dojo
02-03-2010, 10:12 AM
"In Illinois' 8th congressional district, "Tea Party insurgent" Joe Walsh, who worked for the free market Heartland Institute, wins a crowded primary."

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZGI3YmU1YzQxYjFiYWQ2MTE3YWUxOThjZTFjNzVjOTg=

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZGI3YmU1YzQxYjFiYWQ2MTE3YWUxOThjZTFjNzVjOTg=

Life was good to Joe Walsh on Election Day.

Running a campaign that played off Americans' fears and anger over the state of the country, the Winnetka resident on Tuesday was victorious in the six-way Republican primary in the suburban 8th congressional district.

Walsh claimed to represent the mad-as-heck Americans who led tea party protests last year.

"It's a people's victory," Walsh said following a rousing speech to his supporters at Docks Bar and Grill in Wauconda. "I think we tapped into an unbelievable grass-roots movement."

Walsh will face incumbent Democrat Melissa Bean of Barrington and Green Party candidate Bill Scheurer of Lindenhurst in the Nov. 2 general election.

With votes tallied in 499 of 503 precincts, unofficial results showed Walsh ahead with 15,639 votes, or 34 percent.

As for the other candidates: Dirk Beveridge had 11,409 votes, or about 25 percent; Maria Rodriguez had 9,512 votes, or about 21 percent; Chris Geissler received 4,157 votes, or 9 percent; John Dawson had 3,788 votes, or about 8 percent; and Greg Jacobs had 1,399 votes, or 3 percent.

En route to his win, Walsh overcame lackluster fundraising, attacks about his out-of-district residency and an accusation of copyright infringement for using a rock song's melody in a campaign video without permission.

When asked about Walsh's primary victory, a Bean spokesman said she was not focused on the GOP race. Bean all but ignored the Republican she defeated in 2008.

That didn't sit well with Walsh.

"She can't ignore me this year," he said. "The majority of the people in this district are angrier than they have been in ages, and she's on the wrong side of that."

The 8th District includes parts of Cook, Lake and McHenry counties.

psi2941
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Wait we had a libertarian republican candidate in IL? Why didn’t someone tell me? I voted by meanie mighty moe. :(
I only voted because there was a referendum at my township and wanted to blow off 170 million dollars on school upgrades.

which got crushed http://www.pioneerlocal.com/winnetka/news/2026143,winnetka-newtrierweb-020210-s1.article :)

Dojo
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Wait we had a libertarian republican candidate in IL? Why didn’t someone tell me? I voted by meanie mighty moe. :(
I only voted because there was a referendum at my township and wanted to blow off 170 million dollars on school upgrades.

which got crushed http://www.pioneerlocal.com/winnetka/news/2026143,winnetka-newtrierweb-020210-s1.article :)

Now you know.............. so let's get Melissa Bean OUT

itshappening
02-03-2010, 10:43 AM
if a Republican held the 5th district in the 90's then i'd see no reason why he can't win that seat if Obama continues to suck, there will be a big swing to the GOP in congressional elections especially from independents who constitutional conservatives can appeal to

Cap'n Crunk
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Congrats to David. I live in this district and you are exactly right. This is the heart of the machine. Blagojevich...Emanuel...Quigley....makes you want to puke,, huh? It will be next to impossible for David Ratowitz to win this election. But weirder things have happened and I'll be sure to be out their canvassing.

Too bad Adam Andrzejewski couldn't pull off the governors race. He was another great liberty candidate.

itshappening
02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Congrats to David. I live in this district and you are exactly right. This is the heart of the machine. Blagojevich...Emanuel...Quigley....makes you want to puke,, huh? It will be next to impossible for David Ratowitz to win this election. But weirder things have happened and I'll be sure to be out their canvassing.

Too bad Adam Andrzejewski couldn't pull off the governors race. He was another great liberty candidate.

A Mass. style swing would do it and it could happen if enough people are fed up? I dont know, he seems to think it's possible and a Republican held the seat before so it's not like they haven't won in decades.

Cap'n Crunk
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
if a Republican held the 5th district in the 90's then i'd see no reason why he can't win that seat if Obama continues to suck, there will be a big swing to the GOP in congressional elections especially from independents who constitutional conservatives can appeal to

It won't be easy. The guy served one term and then was quickly voted out 64-36. He's the only person to represent a significant portion of Chicago since 1967.

itshappening
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
the prospects are good though if he can run a good campaign, if the economy continues to perform badly he can run against Emanuel and against corruption (Blago) which will resonate with voters in the 5th, he can stress 'real change'.

Cap'n Crunk
02-03-2010, 11:02 AM
It would be a lot easier if we didn't have a huge governor race going. There will be a good turn out next fall, which hurts Ratowitz. Too many people here just vote Democrat down the line.

winston_blade
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM
So who did we get in? Or did we get anybody?

Badger Paul
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes it may be a long shot top win against a Dem in a Dem district, but winning the GOP primary in such districts is a very important first step.

Remember, the GOP divies up many of national convention delegates by Congressional District. By winning a primary, it shows you control that district.

Control enough districts and you control a state.

And in northern and western states with large urban areas where the GOP hardly exists, it's the perfect opportunity to take control of such districts.

And then take control of the party. That's how its works.

RP candidates won two CD's in Illinois yesterday. We should be celebrating!

The Patriot
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Did Ratowitz run unopposed?

Pepsi
02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
State Sen. Randy Hultgren defeated attorney Ethan Hastert in the GOP primary in Illinois’ 14th district on Tuesday, and he will face Rep. Bill Foster (D) in November.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/42931-1.html

Cap'n Crunk
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Did Ratowitz run unopposed?

No. He had 2 opponents in the primary.

With 98% of precincts reporting

Ratowitz 5,527 39.6%
Pulido 4,601 33.0%
Lad 3,819 27.4%

As you can see there was ridiculously low turnout due to the weather.

Epic
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
No. He had 2 opponents in the primary.

With 98% of precincts reporting

Ratowitz 5,527 39.6%
Pulido 4,601 33.0%
Lad 3,819 27.4%

As you can see there was ridiculously low turnout due to the weather.

lol... he was basically able to win with just family and friends...

awesome

The Patriot
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
lol... he was basically able to win with just family and friends...

awesome

He needs more than that to win. We face the same problem in LA with mayoral elections. The Democrat(in our case Villagarosa) gets the union rank and file out, gets the government workers out on buses to vote. Isn't this district heavy union? What was the democratic turnout like for their primaries?

Epic
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
RP candidates won two CD's in Illinois yesterday. We should be celebrating!

Who else besides Ratowitz? Walsh, Hultgren, Newman, and Dold are all basically pro-war.