PDA

View Full Version : Palin: "Why I am speaking at Tea Party convention."

sofia
02-02-2010, 06:32 PM
...no mention of the cool 100 G's she's gonna collect..

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2010/02/column-why-im-speaking-at-tea-party-convention-.html

Why I'm speaking at Tea Party convention
By Sarah Palin

Later this week I'll head to Nashville, where I'll have the honor of speaking with members of the Tea Party movement. I look forward to meeting many Americans who share a commitment to limited government, common sense and personal responsibility. This movement is truly a grassroots, organic effort. It's not a top-down organization; it's a ground-up call to action that already has both political parties rethinking the way they do business.

From the town halls last summer to the protests and marches in the fall to the game-changing recent elections, it has been inspiring to see real people — not politicos or inside-the-Beltway professionals — speak out for common-sense conservative policies and values. As with all grassroots efforts, the nature of this movement means that sometimes the debates are loud and the organization is messier than that of a polished, controlled machine. Legitimate disagreements take place about tone and tactics. That's OK, because this movement is about bigger things than politics or organizers.

The soul of the Tea Party is the people who belong to it — everyday Americans who grow our food, run our small businesses, teach our children how to read, serve the less fortunate and fight our wars. They're folks in small towns and cities across this nation who saw what was happening to our country and decided to get involved. Thank God for them. Many of these good Americans had never been involved in their government before, but now they attend town hall meetings and participate in online forums. They write letters to the editor. They sign up to be precinct leaders and run for local office and support other independent patriots. They have the courage to stand up and speak out.

Their vision is what drew me to the Tea Party movement. They believe in the same principles that guided my work in public service — whether I was working on the PTA and city council or serving as a mayor, commissioner or governor. I look forward to meeting some of these great Americans this weekend.

Recently, some have tried to portray this movement as a commercial endeavor rather than the grassroots uprising that it is. Those who do so don't understand the frustration everyday Americans feel when they see their government mortgaging their children's future with reckless spending. The spark of patriotic indignation that inspired those who fought for our independence and those who marched peacefully for civil rights has ignited once again. You can't buy such a sentiment. You can't AstroTurf it. It springs from love of country and the knowledge that we can make a difference if we just stand up and stand together.

I thought long and hard about my participation in this weekend's event. At the end of the day, my decision came down to this: It's important to keep faith with people who put a little bit of their faith in you. Everyone attending this event is a soldier in the cause. Some of them will be driving hundreds of miles to Nashville. I made a commitment to them to be there, and I am going to honor it.

But participation won't be limited to those in Nashville who have a ticket. It's much bigger than that. Because the Tea Party movement is spread out across the country — with no central offices or annual events — this is an opportunity to connect with like-minded folks. Yes, there will be speeches given in a room in Nashville. But we'll also be speaking with thousands of Americans watching online at twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA, or through various news outlets. And the conversation will continue on my Facebook page.

I will not benefit financially from speaking at this event. My only goal is to support the grassroots activists who are fighting for responsible, limited government — and our Constitution. In that spirit, any compensation for my appearance will go right back to the cause.

The nature of the Tea Party movement means there may never be a "perfectly orchestrated" event: Democracy in action doesn't come with a manual. But we must not get caught up in the politics or the controversies that some hope will distract from the heart of the movement. The focus must remain on our ideas and beliefs, and on supporting those ideas and beliefs however we can.

This weekend, it's Nashville, but in March, I'll head to Searchlight, Nev., for the kickoff rally at the Tea Party Express III. In April, I'll be in Boston for a Tea Party gathering there. Across the country, tea-partiers will be sharing our vision for America's future, a vision that promotes common sense solutions to out-of-control spending and an out-of-touch political establishment.

The process may not always be pretty or perfect, but the message is loud and clear: We want a government worthy of the fine Americans that it serves. And we're going to keep spreading that message one convention, one town hall, one speech and one election at a time.

Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska, was the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president.

Malachi
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
I will not benefit financially from speaking at this event. My only goal is to support the grassroots activists who are fighting for responsible, limited government — and our Constitution. In that spirit, any compensation for my appearance will go right back to the cause.

MelissaWV
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
The way that entire statement is written makes me frown.

I will admit that I clicked on it, thinking "Nah... sofia must have pasted that quote incorrectly. No one would let that slip." In addition to the title missing an article of some kind, someone needs to teach Sarah Palin that the order of words means something.

My favorite new Palinism may be "it's a ground-up call to action" since it makes me think of hamburgers.

Though the following is a close second:

FrankRep
02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I really don't see a big problem with Sarah Palin except:

1.) She's campaigning John McCain.
2.) She's not as Fiscal Conservative as she claims to be.
3.) She has a weak understanding of Foreign Policy.

Other than that, I don't see why RPF hates her so much. I wouldn't vote for her for president, but she's not a bad person or an insider.

dannno
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM
In that spirit, any compensation for my appearance will go right back to the cause.[/I]

How much is she giving to Rand?

If she gives $100 gs to Rand that would be sweeet.

sofia
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM

i missed that....but the original plan was for her to get paid 100 K...

it drew criticism so apparaently she was forced to back away.....
she does admit she is getting paid....but will turn it over..

So, why was she getting paid in the first place?

sofia
02-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Other than that, I don't see why RPF hates her so much. I wouldn't vote for her for president, but she's not a bad person or an insider.

she belongs to Bill Kristol. Thats why I hate her.

If she was legit she'd endorse Medina, not Perry.

FrankRep
02-02-2010, 06:41 PM

For the Tea Party in Columbus, Ohio we paid Judge Napolitano to speak. Just how it is.

YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY)

Malachi
02-02-2010, 06:42 PM

She is probably using appearances to raise money for political action, seems fair. The check may go to SarahPac (just a guess).

dano
She donated $2,000 to Rand is what the news reports say. Maybe, she'll dig a little deeper after the primary.

dannno
02-02-2010, 06:43 PM
dano
She donated $2,000 to Rand is what the news reports say. Maybe, she'll dig a little deeper after the primary.

That's meeasly.. I hope she donates more than that after her speaking engagement.

MelissaWV
02-02-2010, 06:43 PM

From my standpoint, it's not that she's a bad person or an insider or anything else. She is not the best standard-bearer for this movement, but that's not up to me to decide for anyone but myself. I find her dishearteningly ill-informed on some issues, and dangerously-opinioned on others. I find contradictions in her viewpoints popping up here and there, and I am not a huge conspiracy fan... but she is very much being marketed right now.

If I were the GOP, and I knew that being the GOP wasn't going to cut it to win elections anymore, and I knew that my party had a chance of unseating a charismatic President and making him a one-term wonder...

Well, what I'd do is I'd find someone "likable" and keep her in the news, and position her to be high up in this "Grassroots" stuff everyone's so excited about. It's like a very unsettling experiment to me sometimes. I get the feeling we're being painted into a corner. No matter where we go, we're going to end up with dirty feet.

payme_rick
02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
...no mention of the cool 100 G's she's gonna collect..

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2010/02/column-why-im-speaking-at-tea-party-convention-.html

Why I'm speaking at Tea Party convention
By Sarah Palin

--

The soul of the Tea Party is the people who belong to it — everyday Americans who grow our food, run our small businesses, teach our children how to read, serve the less fortunate and fight our wars. They're folks in small towns and cities across this nation who saw what was happening to our country and decided to get involved. Thank God for them. Many of these good Americans had never been involved in their government before, but now they attend town hall meetings and participate in online forums. They write letters to the editor. They sign up to be precinct leaders and run for local office and support other independent patriots. They have the courage to stand up and speak out.

--

what was missing here? hmmm... OH...

"and by-golly, since most of these 'everyday Americans' won't be able to afford to buy tickets to this event..."

then whatever blabbering follows...

MelissaWV
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
what was missing here? hmmm... OH...

"and by-golly, since most of these 'everyday Americans' won't be able to afford to buy tickets to this event..."

then whatever blabbering follows...

Nah the rabble can follow on Facebook or Twitter... that much is explained *very* clearly.

Malachi
02-02-2010, 06:47 PM
If she was legit she'd endorse Medina, not Perry.

She endorsed Perry before most had heard of Medina. Not saying she would have endorsed Medina, but her endorsement was awhile ago, and I think it's safe to say Medina is rising (more recently).

By the way, Palin is no angel; not trying to defend her as a liberty candidate or someone who truly gets it.

Stary Hickory
02-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Sarah Palin is not the worst GOP type out there. She was like an almost there....but not quite.

Malachi
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM
That's meeasly.. I hope she donates more than that after her speaking engagement.

Judging my the media Rand Paul received from her endorsement, I'd say it was worth more than money.

Local news all across the state, not to mention the national coverage.

libertarian4321
02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I go after Palin all the time because I think she's a woefully underqualified small time politician looking to cash in on the sudden fame thrust upon her when McCain plucked her out of obscurity.

It's not that she's the worst politician out there- there are plenty who are far worse.

But she isn't up to the task of running the country and I oppose her as a standard bearer- if she becomes the front runner or (God forbid) the nominee, we'll be stuck with ANOTHER BAD REPUBLICAN candidate.

She's fully qualified to be Mayor of Wasilla, but President (or VP) of the USA?

She hasn't got the stuff.

payme_rick
02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
She endorsed Perry before most had heard of Medina. Not saying she would have endorsed Medina, but her endorsement was awhile ago,

that's what I've tried to explain to some of the conspiracy folk... she went in with Perry almost 6 months ago now... they were buddy-buddy in that US governers org/whatever... didn't expect anything less...

she's somewhere in between the GOP and a more liberty movement... she's being exploited and sometimes I do not think she knows it, other times I do...

my gut tells me she's gunna end up being some neocon/GOP tool... but my gut has been wrong once today and twice since Sunday so you never know how that goes...

still need to observe her a bit more...

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
YouTube - I Don't Care (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygKHdv19Kk)

libertarian4321
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
my gut tells me she's gunna end up being some neocon/GOP tool

I don't think there's a whole lot of "gunna" left to debate. She became a complete neocon tool in the election, and has done nothing of substance to change that. If she ever was anything but a neocon, she sold out long ago.

payme_rick
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
She became a complete neocon tool in the election, .

oh, she for sure was... for a verrry short time... she's really nothing to me right now... "to me" she's just floating around...

hell I was a neocon tool in a way... I spoke out their talking points non-stop to whoever I would discuss politics with, even turning some opinions around... but the dust never settled with me...

Dieseler
02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
My opinion is she is still very raw, not necessarily dumb but by no means a genius... sort of like most all of us here give or take a few special cases.
She needs better influences but that is not likely to happen due to her quick rise to fame. Maybe she'll start reading here and some how find a way to not take offense by what she sees and possibly stick around long enough to get a perspective aside from the ones she is no doubt getting both barrels of right now.
Who knows?
I've heard it said that Paul was a head hunter before he met Christ.
I don't think Sarah Palin is a head hunter.
That said, Sarah Palin in the White House is probably one of the most frightening things I can imagine, lol.
Not because she is stupid but because she is ignorant and very likely to be steered by people who do not have our best interest at heart.

payme_rick
02-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Not because she is stupid but because she is ignorant and very likely to be steered by people who do not have our best interest at heart.

agreed... that's where I see her at right now... my gut tells me she WILL be steered in the wrong direction... but as the dust was not settled on my political views, I do not believe the dust has settled on her being anything as of yet...

she's dabbled, but she hasn't set her hooks in anything...

BlackTerrel
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM

I don't see what the problem is with getting paid.

I don't like Palin or support her - but I can think of plenty people who I like less. Not sure why she gets so much disproportionate criticism on this site.

Matt Collins
02-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Sarah Palin is not the worst GOP type out there. She was like an almost there....but not quite.

YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A&feature=player_embedded)

kpitcher
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
If she does public speaking like her governing she'll start the speech and about 1/2 way through her scheduled time she'll announce she's finished and walk off the stage. Then she'll go out front to offer autographs for a fee.

PreDeadMan
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
what truly disturbs me and scares me about Palin is when she says the Iraq war was "god's plan" using religion into politics like that is pretty dangerous lol....murdering people in the name of spreading democracy is god's plan right..... and the scary thing is she gets a bunch of applauses after those types of statements :|

Dianne
02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I have a huge problem with here in that this National Tea Party exists only to hijack what we did in 2007 in support of Ron Paul and the tyranny which exists.

I posted on Huffington Post today., and got hit several times with racism and red neckism's and never complained when George Bush was in the White House; but now that there is a black man, I'm complaining.

Of course I posted where the tea parties began in 2007; well before Obama was even considered viable for the nomination. Of course Huffington didn't like that and refused to post it...

But once you have neocons and those that are "for profit", trying to hijack the movement.... you lose all credibility. And every news media outlet there is atm, is saying Palin's tea partiers...

She can act cute and sincere, but she was paid off to drive the tea party influence into the ground... sorry, that's what I believe.

RATM99
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't like Palin because she's a Neo-Con that offers nothing new but the same big government republican nonsense Bush gave us. And the Tea Party paying Sarah to speak exposes the Tea Party for what it is. A total farce and fake opposition.

tonyTheBest
02-03-2010, 08:36 PM
what truly disturbs me and scares me about Palin is when she says the Iraq war was "god's plan" using religion into politics like that is pretty dangerous lol....murdering people in the name of spreading democracy is god's plan right..... and the scary thing is she gets a bunch of applauses after those types of statements :|

The scary thing is that you are the one who is misinformed and was bought into the liberal talking points. She has never said the Iraq was a "god's plan". She said "we pray for our leaders who are sending out on a task that is from god. make sure we are praying for, that there is a plan and that it is God’s plan".
So to bring what she said to your liberal mind: she was praying.

tonyTheBest
02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't see what the problem is with getting paid.

I don't like Palin or support her - but I can think of plenty people who I like less. Not sure why she gets so much disproportionate criticism on this site.

You know why most people on this site don't like her? Because most of them here are liberals in libertarian clothes.

sofia
02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
You know why most people on this site don't like her? Because most of them here are liberals in libertarian clothes.

nope

its because we can see right through her for the ambitious, two-faced, war mongering, neo-con, Zio-Christian, money hungry, quittting, bailout supporting, low IQ phony that she truly is

Dianne
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM

I hate her because she stole the sincerity of what our entire purpose is... We (who many could ill afford it) stood up for this country. We went to tea parties and I, sacrificed groceries for the week, to contribute to money bombs for Ron Paul to save our nation. And to see a neo con, jerk... dumbass, opportunist try to rob us of our accomplishments in order to help John McCain regain his senate seat?

No thank you !!!!! I'm actually mad as hell at what she and the "National" tea party have done to destroy what we worked so hard to accomplish. Send Sarah home... She has been hired by someone, whether it be demos or repubs to take down the movement.... and she is working hard to do so.

Even tonight on CNN, they were talking about candidates and whether the tea party would approve of them or not. The GOP and DNC so threatened... what better tart could you get than Sarah "sho me the money" Palin to take it down? She's an absolute joke... If you can't remember how well respected she is, maybe this will refresh your memory: Is this what you want the tea party memories to be of?

YouTube - Collection SNL Tina Fey Sarah Palin Joe Biden Queen Latifah Bush Nancy Pelosi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cf9NqaZ4fw)

eok321
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
The endorsement will help Rand i guess so we can be happy and welcome it, but good god wouldn't it be great to watch Ron give her an education in the 2012 debates.

How she is so popular is beyond me- she can barely string a sentence together ffs.

Dianne
02-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Palin is destroying everything the tea party stood for... We MUST stand up and somehow tell the nation she is not a representative of our movement.

Otherwise, we need to move on and find another way of expression... but she is making a joke out of our resolve. And that is not by accident, that is be design by whomever paid her to do so.

tonyTheBest
02-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Palin is destroying everything the tea party stood for... We MUST stand up and somehow tell the nation she is not a representative of our movement.

Otherwise, we need to move on and find another way of expression... but she is making a joke out of our resolve. And that is not by accident, that is be design by whomever paid her to do so.

Why do people not think for a second?

She came to power with her own hands. Look up to see how she become a governor.

The republicans detest Ron Paul and Rand Paul. Why would she endorse Rand Paul? Somebody paid her? Are you freaking kidding me?

So far none of you have shown me a reasonable answer to how she is being controlled by someone.
That just shows how narrow minded you guys are.

tonyTheBest
02-04-2010, 07:14 AM
I hate her because she stole the sincerity of what our entire purpose is... We (who many could ill afford it) stood up for this country. We went to tea parties and I, sacrificed groceries for the week, to contribute to money bombs for Ron Paul to save our nation. And to see a neo con, jerk... dumbass, opportunist try to rob us of our accomplishments in order to help John McCain regain his senate seat?

YouTube - Collection SNL Tina Fey Sarah Palin Joe Biden Queen Latifah Bush Nancy Pelosi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cf9NqaZ4fw)

First, she is not a backstabber. McCain helped her. Now she helps him back. That is how sincere works.
You bring up SNL skits to prove your points, that is very mature.

sofia
02-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Why do people not think for a second?

She came to power with her own hands. Look up to see how she become a governor.

The republicans detest Ron Paul and Rand Paul. Why would she endorse Rand Paul? Somebody paid her? Are you freaking kidding me?

So far none of you have shown me a reasonable answer to how she is being controlled by someone.
That just shows how narrow minded you guys are.

do a google search for "Palin neo conservatives"...or "Palin Bill Kristol"

she has the same handlers as Bush/Cheney...

She supports the bailout...supports these phony wars...and supports attacking Iran...

u tell us how she is different from Bush/Cheney????

tonyTheBest
02-04-2010, 07:37 AM
do a google search for "Palin neo conservatives"...or "Palin Bill Kristol"

she has the same handlers as Bush/Cheney...

She supports the bailout...supports these phony wars...and supports attacking Iran...

u tell us how she is different from Bush/Cheney????

First, anybody can write s.th about Palin: neo-con or whatever. She is not perfect. Perfect is the enemy of getting things done.

McCain supported the first bailout. What do you expect her to do as a vice-president candidate? again she is not perfect but a reasonable person.

sofia
02-04-2010, 07:51 AM
First, anybody can write s.th about Palin: neo-con or whatever. She is not perfect. Perfect is the enemy of getting things done.

McCain supported the first bailout. What do you expect her to do as a vice-president candidate? again she is not perfect but a reasonable person.

the bailout was 750 trillion dollar THEFT...biggest heist in world history and we still don't know who got a lot of this money.

so let me get this straight....you are OK with Palin supporting theft because she "was just following orders" from McCain?

Thats not too "mavericky" is it?

If your boss is engaged in theft, and asks you to go along with him....the judge will throw you in jail for saying, 'I went along with it cuz he was my boss. I had to."

If Palin had any principles, she would have stepped down from the ticket after McCain voted for that theft. Think what a legend she would have become then.

Trust me...I've been down this road before. In 2000, George Bush was marketed as a "Texas conservative" and a "maverick".......the right bought that phony too.

If you support Palin, it means you support the mass murder of innocent women and children in far away lands and the massive theft of US taxpayer money.

MelissaWV
02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
I don't care who handles her, or who donates to her, or what kind of glasses she wears, or if she has ten kids, or zero, or is married to a millionaire, or a welder, or if she likes needlepoint, or moose-hunting.

I do listen to WHAT she says, I do read up on WHAT she's done, and I don't PERSONALLY like it.

If that's not good enough, blind Palin-lovers, then how's this: God told me to mistrust her :p