PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Mute on Palin Endorsement

Galileo Galilei
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I read the USA Today this morning. Not a peep of the Sarah Palin endorsemnt of Rand Paul.

Flash
02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I read the USA Today this morning. Not a peep of the Sarah Palin endorsemnt of Rand Paul.

Funny I watched Joe Scarborough today for an hour and not a single mention of Palin or Paul. Marco Rubio, however, was mentioned a few times because he surpassed Crist in a poll or something.

rich34
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
It does suck, but as long as the people of Kentucky know it that's all that matters. It is kinda funny though anything this woman does the media is on like flies on shit, but as soon as she touches Rand they go silent! Even my local conservative blogger in WV Don Surber who absolutely loves Sarah Palin didn't even report it. I mean hell, if this woman lets a fart we know about it, but not Rand...

dannno
02-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Veryy interesting.

Galileo Galilei
02-02-2010, 06:43 PM
They did have an article about Wiccans in the Air Force.

Chieftain1776
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
It's on their website: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-02-01-palin-senate_N.htm

Galileo Galilei
02-02-2010, 07:13 PM
It's on their website: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-02-01-palin-senate_N.htm

Interesting.

I think they figure Internet people might see the ommission as very biased, while hard-copy readers they figure will never know the difference.

Even the Internet story is pretty puny.

itshappening
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
A few places have intentionally ignored this

if I was Rand Paul campaign i'd be making sure there were a mailing going out trumpeting the endorsement with pics of Sarah and Rand and the statement she made to every KY Republican ideally in the next few weeks¬!

Matt Collins
02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A&feature=player_embedded)

Bruno
02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Their silence is defeaning and very telling

BamaFanNKy
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
It's the USA Today. They probably didn't have a powerpoint color pie chart to explain it.

Nathan Hale
02-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Here we go again with the "the media is out to get us" BS.

Bruno
02-03-2010, 08:17 AM

yeah, it would be ridiculous to think that media has a bias and an agenda :rolleyes:

MelissaWV
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I thought that, on another thread, it was stated that there was a lot of coverage within the state?

Perhaps this is not being treated as a national/international story. I never understood why state-related races are. Part of the problem with our current system is people are all but elected by outsiders who help them promote and pander. "Oh see? I'm friends with what's-his-name! Look! We're shaking hands! Yeah! Now vote for me!" I really wish people would have to run on their own merits within their own constituency/potential constituency, but that's a pipe dream :(

Galileo Galilei
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I thought that, on another thread, it was stated that there was a lot of coverage within the state?

Perhaps this is not being treated as a national/international story. I never understood why state-related races are. Part of the problem with our current system is people are all but elected by outsiders who help them promote and pander. "Oh see? I'm friends with what's-his-name! Look! We're shaking hands! Yeah! Now vote for me!" I really wish people would have to run on their own merits within their own constituency/potential constituency, but that's a pipe dream :(

There will be a lot of state coverage of this, but the story is being de-emphasized by the national media.

Just to compare, yesterday, yahoo.com had Pailin as the lead story on the homepage (not just the news page), because she said that Rahm Emanual should resign. That is no way as big a story as Palin endorsing Rand Paul.

Also, I could not find any google news hits for Don Seum's endorsement. That is a huge endorsement for Paul as well, you would think the stae news would cover it more. It was especially newsworthy because the guy switched his endorsement.

anaconda
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Not B.S. The mainstream media is a powerful and controlled tool.

anaconda
02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Their silence is defeaning and very telling

They don't want to throw gasoline on the fire under their asses. The MSM will never learn, it appears. If and when Rand wins they will have a lot of explaining to do.

Like: "You know, Mr. Scarborough, when Ms. Palin endorsed Senator Paul back in early February, you didn't even mention it. Can you tell us why?..." Etc. etc.

Chieftain1776
02-03-2010, 07:01 PM
They don't want to throw gasoline on the fire under their asses. The MSM will never learn, it appears. If and when Rand wins they will have a lot of explaining to do.

Like: "You know, Mr. Scarborough, when Ms. Palin endorsed Senator Paul back in early February, you didn't even mention it. Can you tell us why?..." Etc. etc.

It might be a fair charge against someone else but you can't really use it against Morning Joe who put him on twice (I think). This early exposure was key.

YouTube - Rand Paul Morning Joe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ide0ADOxd-w)

anaconda
02-03-2010, 07:13 PM
It might be a fair charge against someone else but you can't really use it against Morning Joe who put him on twice (I think). This early exposure was key.

YouTube - Rand Paul Morning Joe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ide0ADOxd-w)

Fair enough (I guess I had him on my mind because Flash said earlier in the thread that there was no mention of the endorsement after an hour of watching Morning Joe ).

Chieftain1776
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Fair enough (I guess I had him on my mind because Flash said earlier in the thread that there was no mention of the endorsement after an hour of watching Morning Joe ).

Probably expected it to be on there b/c of previous appearances. I did as well :(

Nathan Hale
02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
yeah, it would be ridiculous to think that media has a bias and an agenda :rolleyes:

Don't try to bait and switch. Yeah, the media has bias. And yeah, the media has an agenda. But the media is not out to get us.

Nathan Hale
02-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Not B.S. The mainstream media is a powerful and controlled tool.

More bait and switch. Yeah, the media is powerful. And yeah, every media outlet is controlled by somebody. But they're not out to get us.

jmdrake
02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
YouTube - I Don't Care (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygKHdv19Kk&feature=related)

Matt Collins
02-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Drake - the "I Dont Care" video is toooo much. I almost just fell out of my chair! :D:D:D:D:D

Free Moral Agent
02-04-2010, 02:02 AM
It's the USA Today. They probably didn't have a powerpoint color pie chart to explain it.

+1 :p

USA Today is TV on paper.