PDA

View Full Version : Campaign For Liberty stands behind Buck score card

LibertyPulse.com
02-02-2010, 02:51 PM
http://libertypulse.com/article/4043

Anyone who has incurred the ire of Ron Paul supporters will tell you that they are a determined, educated and vocal group of activists. Any group which can raise $6 million within 24 hours as Ron Paul supporters did during the 2008 elections certainly knows how to get things done. Recently, however, one of its own organizations came under fire as a local community gave its political contributions to Campaign For Liberty in order to produce an advertising campaign for Ken Buck, a candidate for Senator in Colorado.

http://libertypulse.com/article/4043

torchbearer
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I bookmarked your site.
will check it often.

LittleLightShining
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
In an interview with spokesperson Jesse Benton of Campaign For Liberty, LibertyPulse.com tackled this divisive issue in order to offer clarity and resolution. CFL did take responsibility for having bungled the advertisement for Buck which came across more as a personal endorsement rather than simply a score card. However, the support was generated at the local level by voters who supported Buck as well as Ron Paul and CFL. The money that was raised was done so by Buck voters and supporters and was spent on campaign support instead of having been given directly to Buck. It is, after all, this local support that portrays the individual choice and local sovereignty which has come to define the Liberty message. So the money WAS funneled through C4L to specifically benefit Buck-- NOT the survey as the C4L stated.

In all of this apparent confusion, what remains is that Campaign For Liberty stands out as a powerful endorsement as well as a grass roots financial support for a political candidate. 501c4's can NOT do this.

Instead of having the backing of a corporate lobbying group, a politician can have the support of his local constituents without having to worry about catering to special interests for specific legislation or compromise. Groups like CFL short circuit the corpora-political machinery which is responsible for the need for its very existence. Or conversely, special interest groups can hide behind C4L to mask their own interest in specific candidates or the underlying agenda for supporting said candidates.

:eek:

LibertyPulse.com
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I bookmarked your site.
will check it often.

tpreitzel
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
And this article actually clarifies anything other than a local group of anonymous donors funneling money through the C4L?

Shall I repeat the same questions that are still lingering after days?

Based on this lack of detail, I'll repeat from request from a couple of days,

Mr. Tate, you need to RESIGN immediately, i.e. NOW, for the good of your top-down organization, the C4L.

rancher89
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
So the money WAS funneled through C4L to specifically benefit Buck-- NOT the survey as the C4L stated.

501c4's can NOT do this.

Or conversely, special interest groups can hide behind C4L to mask their own interest in specific candidates or the underlying agenda for supporting said candidates.

:eek:

g-mmnit torchbearer please think about the above.

this is the classic slippery slope argument

OK sorry, I said I wasn't going to weigh in any more, but this bear rebuttal..