PDA

View Full Version : Forget C4L, they're done. Let's start something more grandiose.

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, everyone's heard of 912. The main reason that grassroots organization was so successful is the fact that Glenn Beck was pushing it and he's hella famous -- almost a household name.

Why don't we have someone like Judge Napolitano do the same. He's less famous but still gets airtime a few times a week. It could be a more focused grassroots organization that works on specific issues rather than just being mad and boisterous. C4L popped out of the woodwork because of Ron Paul. If we are to start another organization of the same size we need a big name to sponsor it.

What do you think? If it's a stupid idea, please make yourself heard. I am immune to insults so let it all out.

dannno
02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229350

nobody's_hero
02-02-2010, 01:13 PM
And when Judge Napolitano makes a mistake, we get outraged and dump him off of a pier with a brick tied to his leg!

And then we start over. Again. And then when whoever we start over with disappoints us again, we dump them off of a pier with a brick tied to their leg!

And then we start over. Again. And when whoever we start over with disappoints . . .

How many fractures will be necessary before we have to start overcoming hurdles instead of running away from them?

MRoCkEd
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Thread Fail

LittleLightShining
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Smaller, localized groups are the way to go. Utilize the big groups to help shed light on issues, then run with them locally. Or just concentrate on taking back your states from the corrupt usurpers.

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Smaller, localized groups are the way to go. Utilize the big groups to help shed light on issues, then run with them locally.

That's what I'm talking about. I get the impression that 912 is like that. It's a national grassroots organization, but different regions do their own thing. C4L seems much more centralized.

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
And when Judge Napolitano makes a mistake, we get outraged and dump him off of a pier with a brick tied to his leg!

And then we start over. Again. And then when whoever we start over with disappoints us again, we dump them off of a pier with a brick tied to their leg!

And then we start over. Again. And when whoever we start over with disappoints . . .

How many fractures will be necessary before we have to start overcoming hurdles instead of running away from them?

Although I said forget C4L, I really didn't mean shutting them down and starting over. We're all capitalists, right (at least I hope)? Why don't we inject more competition between grassroots organizations? Then they can compete for liberty minded recruits. Instead we have the mighty C4L and they fucked up and pissed people off. If you don't want to join em, beat em.

Reason
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
lol... C4L is not "done"

muzzled dogg
02-02-2010, 01:35 PM
it's already been started

you're posting on it

liberty forest

dannno
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
That's what I'm talking about. I get the impression that 912 is like that. It's a national grassroots organization, but different regions do their own thing. C4L seems much more centralized.

How can you complain about C4L running an ad for a pro-war politician and then support 912 :confused:

Bruno
02-02-2010, 01:38 PM
How can you complain about C4L running an ad for a pro-war politician and then support 912 :confused:

I didn't get the impression he was supporting 912, just using it as an example of a new grass-roots organization that took off with support from someone well-known.

libertygrl
02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Jesse Benton Addresses $350k C4L Colorado Commercial Campaign

Listen to this interview:

http://libertypulse.com/blog/2010/02/02/jesse-benton-addresses-350k-c4l-colorado-commerical-campaign/

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM

I never said I support them. I'm just using them as an example of how you might want to operate a grassroots organization. Ron Paul did not get hundreds of thousands of people to march on Washington. Neither did C4L. It was a suggestion.

Just because I used them as an example doesn't mean I support everything they believe in. But everyone jumps to conclusions when mentioning anything having to do with Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin.

LibertyMage
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
C4L seems much more centralized.

You are mistaken as to this point.

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
You are mistaken as to this point.

Enlighten me.

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I never said I support them. I'm just using them as an example of how you might want to operate a grassroots organization. Ron Paul did not get hundreds of thousands of people to march on Washington. Neither did C4L. It was a suggestion.

Just because I used them as an example doesn't mean I support everything they believe in. But everyone jumps to conclusions when mentioning anything having to do with Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin.

Have you been following all of the Tea Party infighting as of late?

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Have you been following all of the Tea Party infighting as of late?

Which ones? Can you elaborate?

LittleLightShining
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Jesse Benton Addresses $350k C4L Colorado Commercial Campaign

Listen to this interview:

http://libertypulse.com/blog/2010/02/02/jesse-benton-addresses-350k-c4l-colorado-commerical-campaign/

Check this out: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229449

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Which ones? Can you elaborate?

All the drama over the Nashville Teaparty convention? And I'm too tired to elaborate. Just forum search 'Nashville teaparty'.

LittleLightShining
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
All the drama over the Nashville Teaparty convention? And I'm too tired to elaborate. Just forum search 'Nashville teaparty'.

Or you could look for posts Matt Collins and AlterEgo started.

Frankly, the tea party movement is fractured and I don't think that's a bad thing. It means that each state and each local group are focused on issues important to their groups.

dr. hfn
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Fail