PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul draws 2% in DailyKos 2012 Poll

Epic
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
2012 President: Republican Primary
16% Palin, 11% Romney, 10% Cheney, 7% Gingrich, 7% Huckabee, 3% Pawlenty, 2% Paul, 2% Thune

http://www.dailykos.com/statepoll/2010/1/31/US/437

Other questions show amazingly theocratic/moralistic influence...

Keep in mind RP probably does better among independents, some of whom can vote in republican primaries. And in 2012, many independents will register republican if their state requires it.

dannno
02-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Holy crap who did they poll?!?

QUESTION: Should Barack Obama be impeached, or not?
YES NO NOT SURE
All 39 32 29

QUESTION: Do you believe Barack Obama was born in the United States, or not?
NO YES NOT SURE
All 36 42 22

That's very few people who believe that Obama should stay in office and definitely think he was born in the US....

I guess the media didn't do a very good job discrediting the birthers :D

And this.....

QUESTION: Do you believe Sarah Palin is more qualified to be President than Barack Obama?
YES NO NOT SURE
All 53 14 33

TonySutton
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
What, no Ghouliani? hehehe

TonySutton
02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Holy crap who did they poll?!?

I was shocked that only 7% believe an openly gay person should be allowed to teach in public school...

dannno
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I was shocked that only 7% believe an openly gay person should be allowed to teach in public school...

Wow, missed that one!!

I think a lot of those people must be assuming that openly gay means they talk about the great sex he/she had with his/her partner the night before with their students.... or that they are openly gay in school rather than in their real life.

Actually, I used to be a supervisor at a k-6 after school care program when I was in high school and the other guy who I worked with who had been there for at least a decade was openly gay. Parents had no idea. I guess openly gay means different things to different people.

jkr
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
he's cath'n on i'm tell'n y....nevermind

Krugerrand
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Why would anybody vote for Gingrich? I don't agree with them .. .but I at least somewhat see where some of the other votes come from ... but Gingrich????

AuH2O
02-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Worst answer of all: 77% believe the Book of Genesis should be taught in public schools

Epic
02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Cheney and Gingrich make no sense. Well, most of it makes little sense, but Cheney and Gingrich aren't even popular, and I thought most republicans realized Gingrich was a RINO after the Scozzafava affair.

Stary Hickory
02-02-2010, 12:54 PM

This is a good argument against public schools. Parents have every right to determine what kinds of teachers they want to teach their children. It is the government who forces these issues on society by forcing public education on us.

Wineman77
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
The same poll that has never had Obama below 53% approval. Every other reputable pollster has shown lower numbers. Research 2000 is a joke.

catdd
02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
They are afraid of what will happen if RP rose to the top of the Republican hopefuls so they try to pretend he's nothing.

kahless
02-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Worst answer of all: 77% believe the Book of Genesis should be taught in public schools

Regardless of whether you are agnostic or athiest the fact is Genesis is the foundation of many religions and shaped world history. It makes absolutely no sense why it would not be taught other than to satisfy the hatred of Christianity from the minority of agnostics or athiests in this country.

Justinjj1
02-02-2010, 01:16 PM
look at the demographics of the poll, mainly old white men from the South.

Demographics
MEN 1125 56%
WOMEN 878 44%
WHITE 1787 89%
OTHER/REF 216 11%
18-29 178 9%
30-44 418 21%
45-59 664 33%
60+ 743 37%
NE 217 11%
SOUTH 846 42%
MW 437 22%
WEST 503 25%

AuH2O
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Regardless of whether you are agnostic or athiest the fact is Genesis is the foundation of many religions and shaped world history. It makes absolutely no sense why it would not be taught other than to satisfy the hatred of Christianity from the minority of agnostics or athiests in this country.

I am a Christian and strongly opposed the the rabid assault on religion in this country. I agree that Genesis is the foundation of Judeo-Christian religion, but I do not believe in teaching religion in public schools. I answer NO to the poll question asked:

"Should public school students be taught that the book of Genesis in the Bible explains how God created the world?"

dannno
02-02-2010, 01:25 PM
This is a good argument against public schools. Parents have every right to determine what kinds of teachers they want to teach their children. It is the government who forces these issues on society by forcing public education on us.

What's funny is that most parents have no problem with gay teachers until they find out that they are gay.

AJ Antimony
02-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Work to do!

t0rnado
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM

It should be taught along with Harry Potter, so it can be placed into context.

South Park Fan
02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Bullshit. I find it hard to believe that anyone who voted for Ron Paul in 2008 wouldn't vote for him in 2012, much less 60% of his supporters. For that reason, I would be wary of any poll that shows him below 5%. On the bright side, that means that only 11% seperates him from the frontrunner, which can easily be overcome.

torchbearer
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
What's funny is that most parents have no problem with gay teachers until they find out that they are gay.

homophobia can be a problem.

BenIsForRon
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
If you read the bottoms of the page, this is a poll of self-identified republicans. Those are about as rare as they ever have been and they are going to have more extreme views.

virgil47
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM

What's also funny in that most parents have no problem with Nazi teachers until they find out that they are Nazi's. Your sentence is a plug and play statement that is nonsensical at best.

virgil47
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
homophobia can be a problem.

So can heterophobia.

torchbearer
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
So can heterophobia.

all phobias can be bad, fear is usually generated through a lack of knowledge.
before science really got a leg up, people used to fear the forest and the night.
the fear was generated because of their lack of knowledge.

Promontorium
02-02-2010, 04:52 PM
I think it's been established that this poll is bullshit. Should be disregarded in favor of better stats.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
"Should public school students be taught that the book of Genesis in the Bible explains how God created the world?"

Technically the answer to that question is 'Yes'. People who attend public schools should have the option of taking a Religious Philosophy class as an elective. I see nothing wrong with, in that sense, teaching The Book of Genesis or the Vedic cycles et al. I'm sure the pollster didn't specify in what manner The Book of Genesis would be taught, which makes it a straight up Appeal to Emotion.

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow, missed that one!!

I think a lot of those people must be assuming that openly gay means they talk about the great sex he/she had with his/her partner the night before with their students.... or that they are openly gay in school rather than in their real life.

Actually, I used to be a supervisor at a k-6 after school care program when I was in high school and the other guy who I worked with who had been there for at least a decade was openly gay. Parents had no idea. I guess openly gay means different things to different people.

Well there are those who believe creationists shouldn't be allowed to be doctors (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/feb/21/religion.highereducation). What's the difference?

Anyway, it wouldn't be such a problem IMO if some gay people didn't try to push what they were doing on everyone else. Like the first grade field trip to the lesbian wedding.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=285766

What was the point of that? To give the Prop 8 folks the perfect talking point? I've never heard of a field trip to a "straight wedding". (I'm sure as soon as I write this someone will come up with an example. Either way, straight or gay, I think a field trip to a wedding is odd.) Come to think of it, I never knew anything about a lot of my teachers' significant others.

Anyhow, get the government out of education and then it doesn't matter.

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM

Instead they should have said get the government (especially the federal) out of schools altogether. Then it wouldn't matter whether or not Genesis was taught.

jmdrake
02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Work to do!

Indeed! The silver lining is that Ron Paul candidates are doing pretty good. If Ran wins it will be impossible to ignore Ron in 2012. We need as many wins as possible in 2010 to have real clout going forward.

BlackTerrel
02-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Most parents have no problem with pedophile teachers until they find out they are pedophiles.

Not comparing the two but it's a bit of an absurd statement. Of course you don't have a problem with something until you know about it.

RedStripe
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Haha, not surprising at all.

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
The DailyKomitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnost

that says enough right there.

Bergie Bergeron
02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
look at the demographics of the poll, mainly old white men from the South.

Demographics
MEN 1125 56%
WOMEN 878 44%
WHITE 1787 89%
OTHER/REF 216 11%
18-29 178 9%
30-44 418 21%
45-59 664 33%
60+ 743 37%
NE 217 11%
SOUTH 846 42%
MW 437 22%
WEST 503 25%
Wow...

BenIsForRon
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Most parents have no problem with pedophile teachers until they find out they are pedophiles.

Not comparing the two but it's a bit of an absurd statement. Of course you don't have a problem with something until you know about it.

Way to miss the point.

The point is that gays can be just as good teachers as straight teachers, and the parents suddenly have a problem when they find out what the teachers are doing in the privacy of their homes.

Pedophiles are different, what they do is criminal. You really need to get over your prejudice against gays. They are just wired slightly different than you and me. That doesn't make them better or worse, just different. Much the same way skin color has no effect on intelligence or moral character.

Son of Detroit
02-02-2010, 06:33 PM
They are just wired slightly different than you and me. That doesn't make them better or worse, just different. Much the same way skin color has no effect on intelligence or moral character.

Aren't pedophiles, in a way, wired differently from you and me as well?

Just sayin'.

ChaosControl
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Way to miss the point.

The point is that gays can be just as good teachers as straight teachers, and the parents suddenly have a problem when they find out what the teachers are doing in the privacy of their homes.

Pedophiles are different, what they do is criminal. You really need to get over your prejudice against gays. They are just wired slightly different than you and me. That doesn't make them better or worse, just different. Much the same way skin color has no effect on intelligence or moral character.

The attraction element is the same. They are different in act since one is participating in an action with consent of a partner while the other isn't. But in terms of the attraction element, both are abnormalities.

Anyway, I wouldn't want a *** teacher teaching my children, however I do not think there should be any law against such. It just means I will be selective in any school I would enroll my kids in, although more likely than not I'd home school them.

BlackTerrel
02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Way to miss the point.

Communists can be just as good teachers as capitalists. But would you want an open communist to teach your kids? Not do you think it should be legal - would you want it? I wouldn't... then again I don't have kids (that I know of)

I honestly do not think about gay people 99.9% of the time. It's not a big issue for me. They can do what they want, I'm all for freedoms. I just don't like that we're all forced to believe that it's normal and healthy - it's not.

Vessol
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Lame biased poll ftw

SamuraisWisdom
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
The fact that Palin, Gingrich, and especially Cheney (really? Dick Cheney?) got such high percentages is scary to me. I know Palin is popular and I'm glad she's using her influence to back Rand Paul, but she's not qualified to be President of the United States. That was made very clear during the last election. Gingrich is old and out of date. And Cheney. My god Dick Cheney. That guy is the epitome of evil in the government. Him and Karl Rove were the ones running things behind the scenes during the Bush era and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Washington DC ever again.

AdamT
02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Who are these drone relics they're polling? Jeez.

fj45lvr
02-03-2010, 12:30 AM
I'd say that is pretty accurate based on what we saw already from election results.....the public is by and large DUMB as rocks