PDA

View Full Version : Am I dreaming?

UtahApocalypse
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul

Our very own Gunny is being positioned by his local republican party.

An then this tonight....

http://libertypulse.com/blog/2010/02/02/will-ron-paul-run-in-2012-jesse-benton-there-is-a-decent-likelyhood-that-he-will/

In this exclusive, Jesse Benton answers Kurt Wallace of LibertyPulse.com directly, when he asks if Ron Paul will run in 2012. This took place as part of a larger interview, which you can listen to here.

Jesse Benton tells Kurt Wallace:

“there is a decent likelyhood that he will”

malkusm
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Yep, the tide is definitely turning -- Medina catching on in Texas, too!

GunnyFreedom
02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
lol, I can see the thought process now...

"Well damn. They clearly aren't going away like we hoped they would. We'd better start accepting them or we are all screwed. Hell, they were ahead of the curve on this damn 'tea party' thing, so it may just end up better for all of us. Let's give it a shot and see what happens..." :D

UtahApocalypse
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM

"Well damn. They clearly aren't going away like we hoped they would. We'd better start accepting them or we are all screwed. Hell, they were ahead of the curve on this damn 'tea party' thing, so it may just end up better for all of us. Let's give it a shot and see what happens..." :D

"if we can't beat get rid of them, join them..."

Anti Federalist
02-01-2010, 09:47 PM

An then this tonight....

http://libertypulse.com/blog/2010/02/02/will-ron-paul-run-in-2012-jesse-benton-there-is-a-decent-likelyhood-that-he-will/

I was just thinking the same thing.

The times, they are certainly a-changin'.

While I'm not prepared to start a victory dance, things are certainly looking up.

ShowMeLiberty
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
And then there was this anti-Fed article (http://dailycaller.com/2010/02/01/the-new-depression-and-the-feds-illusion/)on Daily Caller today.

Somebody on another forum recently said to me that it is so frustrating trying to talk sense (IOW libertarian politics/Ausrtian economics) to some people that it's like throwing tic-tacs at a dragon. I said keep throwing those tic-tacs, man, I think it's starting to work.

And look at all this great news today.

Keep throwing tic-tacs, everybody. The dragon is weakening! Woot!

Chester Copperpot
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
And then there was this anti-Fed article (http://dailycaller.com/2010/02/01/the-new-depression-and-the-feds-illusion/)on Daily Caller today.

Somebody on another forum recently said to me that it is so frustrating trying to talk sense (IOW libertarian politics/Ausrtian economics) to some people that it's like throwing tic-tacs at a dragon. I said keep throwing those tic-tacs, man, I think it's starting to work.

And look at all this great news today.

Keep throwing tic-tacs, everybody. The dragon is weakening! Woot!

You know the saying.. NO army can stop an idea whos time has come... and our ideas surely are a-coming now.

rockandrollsouls
02-01-2010, 11:25 PM

An then this tonight....

I'm not surprised she endorsed Rand, and here's why. I've consistently preached confident decorum; letting one's principles stand on their own merit, and treating others with respect. Rand does this. He does not draw negative attention to himself, he is very approachable...basically, he's that "English Gentleman" with strong principles. He positions himself as an "alpha-male" of sorts, and that's how you win.

Chester Copperpot
02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
its also smart politicking for sarah too.. if she has future ambitions she might be wanting to get on our good side.. on ron pauls good side , etc for future support for some position she tries to get.

rockandrollsouls
02-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Also, notice how Rand doesn't pull a Matt Colins move and destroy his position by saying something like "Palin shouldn't be endorsing me she is unpricipled" or something else insulting. He's appreciative of the endorsement.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
if the neo-cons allow Palin to endorse Rand that means he'll win the election.

RP4EVER
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
why is this board not up in arms about this. Shouldn't we now reject Rand Paul he obviously has neocon leanings if a neocon endorsed him.

Yes I'm being sarcastic; but think about what has been said the past week. Quite a few of you are beginning to look hypocritical; its ok if Palin endorses Rand; or neocon's endorse Gunny; but Ron can't endorse someone with whom he doesn't 100% agree.

I give up on understanding the thinking of people on this forum.

UtahApocalypse
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
why is this board not up in arms about this. Shouldn't we now reject Rand Paul he obviously has neocon leanings if a neocon endorsed him.

Yes I'm being sarcastic; but think about what has been said the past week. Quite a few of you are beginning to look hypocritical; its ok if Palin endorses Rand; or neocon's endorse Gunny; but Ron can't endorse someone with whom he doesn't 100% agree.

I give up on understanding the thinking of people on this forum.

the difference is in the direction of the endorsement.

Sarah Palin endorsed Rand not the other way around.

Lord Xar
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
well, we need to start running with the ball rather early. We need to start cleaning up this place. and we need to be EXTREMELY diligent of shills/detractors/sabotaguers within our mist.

inibo
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not surprised she endorsed Rand, and here's why. I've consistently preached confident decorum; letting one's principles stand on their own merit, and treating others with respect. Rand does this. He does not draw negative attention to himself, he is very approachable...basically, he's that "English Gentleman" with strong principles. He positions himself as an "alpha-male" of sorts, and that's how you win.

well, we need to start running with the ball rather early. We need to start cleaning up this place. and we need to be EXTREMELY diligent of shills/detractors/sabotaguers within our mist.

This.

I'm seeing a lot of new members.

LittleLightShining
02-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Maybe. I'm a little more cynical, though. Don't forget, now, little grassroots people... it's all about compromise. You have to be willing to make compromise :rolleyes:

To a certain extent, yes, but once it starts and you feel welcome and get lots of attention it's hard not to get blinded. Stay vigilant, folks.