PDA

View Full Version : England: Driver fined for blowing his nose

BlackTerrel
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
This is in England but I posted here because it is just as likely to happen in this country.

I don't agree with members here who are opposed to all cops because I do believe that there are cops out there who stop real crime. But there's also a very large segment of these folk who are simply out to harass and steal from the average law abiding citizen. I see this sort of thing again and again - especially here in CA.

When motorist Michael Mancini found himself stuck in a queue of traffic with a runny nose, he instinctively reached for his hankie.

However, the simple act of pulling out a tissue and blowing his nose earned him a £60 on-the-spot fine because he was 'not in proper control of his vehicle'.

Policeman Stuart Gray, nicknamed PC Shiny Buttons for his zealous approach to the job, also handed out three points - even though Mr Mancini had his handbrake on...

...Now Mr Mancini, a 39-year-old father-of-two, faces a potentially expensive legal battle to clear his name after vowing not to pay the fine.

He is the latest victim of PC Gray, who is no stranger to controversy.

A few months ago, the officer issued a £50 fixed penalty for littering to unemployed Stewart Smith, who accidentally dropped a £10 note in the street as he left a shop.

Liberty Star
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
This stuff is getting out of control, what are we gonna do about diminishing liberties in UK?

This is front page headline now on msm:

SUBMIT: Air passengers who refuse full body scan to be barred from flights in UK...

Andrew-Austin
02-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Just think of what would have happened if the nanny state had not stepped in to fine him.

Shear chaos that is what would happen. Cars and bodies would be mangled as one in the resulting crash.

I'd say the English police state is fully justified in fining him, threatening him with violence and jail time if he does not pay the fine, and killing him if he resists.

idirtify
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
This stuff is getting out of control, what are we gonna do about diminishing liberties in UK?

This is front page headline now on msm:

SUBMIT: Air passengers who refuse full body scan to be barred from flights in UK...

How about this:

“Air passengers who drop items while being searched will be charged with littering.”

BlackTerrel
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
How about this:

“Air passengers who drop items while being searched will be charged with littering.”

This same cop charged a guy for littering after he accidentally dropped a ten dollar bill.

DapperDan
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Is there any freedom movement going on in the UK? I know some people who are currently living there saying people are upset but vague if anyone is actually doing something.