PDA

View Full Version : Another programming idea: Ron Paul Action Network

jmdrake
01-31-2010, 11:59 PM
This is an idea I had back in 2007, worked on a bit but never fully implemented it. I've been inspired to bring it up again after reading Gunny's "virtual convention" idea.

The plan is to have a website where people can self organize to take grassroots action. Here's how it works. People register for the website and fill out a short survey listing a skillset, the kind of projects the might like to work on, and their location (only zip code needed). Then if any member has a project they help with they post a description; time, date and location information as required; and a list of skills needed. Some projects might simply require time and a willingness to work. (I.e. a "letter bomb"). Other projects might require specialized skills such as public speaking, setting up sound systems, etc. When you logged into the site it would show you a list of the current projects you are working on, future projects you have committed to, and a list of upcoming projects that might fit your interests and/or skills. Here's how a login page might look:

Name: John Drake

Current projects:
- DRCP phone banking
- RTPC website

Upcoming projects:
- Canvasing in KY for Rand.

Projects you might be interested in:
- Calling for Kokesh

Completed projects
-

When a project was completed the member who submitted it and those who worked on it would have the opportunity to file after action reports to build a "corporate memory" of what worked and what didn't.

That's the idea in a nutshell. Any suggestions? Anyone interested in implementing this?

MsDoodahs
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
bump for morning crowd.

:)

pacelli
02-01-2010, 10:16 AM
5-stars for the thread!

Could this action network be combined with Gunny's concept?

Also, could there be a visual calendar where each day you could see a list of all events across the country? This would be an easy way to schedule moneybombs (if the grassroots decides they are still worth doing).

My only concern would be infiltration. How to bridge the gap between respecting people's privacy concerns vs. ensuring that infiltrators aren't posting fake events & spam to hinder grassroots effectivness?

I would also encourage the creation of a sub-forum for the action network if there was enough interest.

I think it is a good time to start planning ahead for 2012, whether Ron runs or not.

rancher89
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't see any reason why not pacelli, but newbitech and gunny would know for sure.

Great idea jmdrake---

Elwar
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, this is key.

I've thought of a similar concept where you list whether or not you're willing to show up to a meeting and vote for someone or something, or whether or not you're willing to fill an elected office. Or be willing to become members of different groups in order to vote.

Imagine a group of 20 or so liberty oriented people willing to go vote in various organizations. You could go to an ACLU meeting, AARP, etc...fill each group's leadership with liberty candidates. Take those organizations in a liberty oriented way. Most small organizations only require 10-20 people to vote someone in. And then those leaders vote at the state level, and then those go on to the national level. Imagine an AARP endorsement of Ron Paul...or AARP railing against government Social Security...or the ACLU actually supporting Civil Liberties.