PDA

View Full Version : Dem Smashes Kokesh Fundraising

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Tomorrow would be a good day to smash a record

http://wordcab.blogspot.com/2010/01/lujan-jr-raises-112k-in-fourth-quarter.html

This weekend, U.S. Rep. BR L ujan reported that he raised $112,000 in the fourth quarter -- smashing the fundraising effort of at least one of the two Republican primary candidates vying for the 3rd Congressional District in the 2010 election.

Tea Party activist and war protestor Adam Kokesh reported he collected just over $38k in the final quarter -- October 1 to December 31.

Farmington Republican Tom M ullins' report was not available online Sunday morning.

L ujan has $285,000 cash on hand and has raised $520,000 in the current election cycle -- with more than half, $289,000, from Political Action Committees. L ujan reported that he's returned over $11,000 in contributions. He spent spent $39,000 in the fourth quarter.

L ujan reported raising $79,000 in the third quarter of 2009.

Kokesh is cash strapped

Kokesh's Federal Elections Commission report shows he has raised a total of $142,000, but in the year end report filed this weekend he reports spending nearly $65,000 in the final quarter and has -- according to the federal report -- only $4,800 cash on hand.

He's planning an on-line fundraising campaign (http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/birthday-bomb-february-1st-2010) on Monday to raise money in conjunction with his birthday.

Getting ready for the pre-primary convention has chewed up a lot. We are working our asses off and turning people daily, we have done the groundwork. We can win, but not without your support.

It's Time!

https://kokesh.netboots.net/contribute

Thanks

dr. hfn
01-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Tomorrow must be big!

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Nystrom is helping

http://www.dailypaul.com/

:D

specsaregood
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
That's not much COH. Do you guys foresee your burn rate staying the same during the primary or increasing or decreasing? Without forcing me to dig through the FEC forms, whats the biggest expenses so far? Has any of that money gone to future committments already? ie: ad buys?

How is the republican competitor doing? And has there been any polling of the primary yet?

MR2Fast2Catch
01-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Those fund raising comparisons are depressing. We really need a big money bomb!!!

Tina Richards
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
That's not much COH. Do you guys foresee your burn rate staying the same during the primary or increasing or decreasing? Without forcing me to dig through the FEC forms, whats the biggest expenses so far? Has any of that money gone to future committments already? ie: ad buys?

How is the republican competitor doing? And has there been any polling of the primary yet?

We have been running a primary campaign since October in a district the size of Kentucky and Connecticut combined on a budget less than %5 of what the other liberty candidates from those states have raised. That being said, our campaign contributions fell off drastically in November and December. I take responsibility for December as I lost my granddaughter and I spent it in Missouri grieving with my son and daughter-in-law. In January, which the FEC report doesn't contain, we made some major adjustments and refocused on fundraising. The burn rate will increase as the pace and cost of the campaign increases. But, as I said, we have refocused on fundraising.
Our biggest expenses has been payroll, accounting, and FEC compliance costs. I have hesitated cutting back on those expenses as it would directly effect the momentum of the campaign. Next would be travel through the district (the size of Pennsylvania) and cost associated with having volunteer meetings and "meet and greets" which we have been posting on our blog, flicker account and you tube. This also includes printing material; slim jims, buttons, pens and advertising.
The primary opponent is an Oil and Gas man whose treasurer is one of the largest oil men in NW New Mexico. Despite that, according to him, he has raised about $50,000. We have bought some major radio ad time in San Juan county, where he is from, to get our name out there. In addition we have two scheduled debates there in February and March.
As far as how he is doing, let me tell you about yesterday's meeting at the Patriot Alliance where both Tom and Adam spoke. Adam stuck to principle and was thanked by everyone for his message. Tom's neo-con agenda came through and at the end the host didn't even thank Tom for coming.
It is a battle here. Tom is being backed by parts of the Republican establishment and the neo-cons are torn. They know Tom can't win the General election, but Adam can. So they are torn by whether to advance their agenda with a defeat by backing Tom, or by backing Adam, who they know can win, but boy do they hate Ron Paul and Liberty.
We have done some internal polls and we are showing strong support with those that recognize Adam's name. But to do the polling I want to do, we need donations. Like I said, we have a district bigger than Pennsylvania and have been operating on a bare bones budget for the size and impact we are having. We have a primary process that requires us to gather petitions from only registered republicans where 80% will be thrown out due to New Mexico rules. That is just the first step just to get on the primary ballot and is due by February 9. Then we have to run mini primaries in all 16 counties where if we don't get at least 20% of our delegates elected, Adam doesn't get on the ballot. That is an expensive and manpower intensive process. After that we have to get our delegates to the primary convention in March. All of those events require entrance fees for our delegates, or even those that want to vote for our delegates. As you can see the process here in New Mexico is designed for candidates with money which few grassroots candidates can ever get through. But we are doing it.
I hope this answers your questions, and maybe even a few you hadn't asked. I've been up since 4 am and have to finish getting ready for Adam's birthday.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support we have.

Malachi
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
We have been running a primary campaign since October in a district the size of Kentucky and Connecticut combined on a budget less than %5 of what the other liberty candidates

You have to work with what you have! Work election day back with your budget, not other candidates.

Good luck with the money bomb!

AdamT
01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Will be donating tomorrow. Hope other folks will as well.

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Those fund raising comparisons are depressing. We really need a big money bomb!!!

Over $112k would make for some killer press...

Will be donating tomorrow. Hope other folks will as well.

Thanks Chris :)

More press on fundraising

http://newmexicoindependent.com/45929/pearce-outraises-teague-once-again

I am hoping the news spurs the locals into donating. They are all realizing that we are the only ones who can win this seat...

MR2Fast2Catch
02-01-2010, 12:40 AM
We have done some internal polls and we are showing strong support with those that recognize Adam's name. But to do the polling I want to do, we need donations. Like I said, we have a district bigger than Pennsylvania and have been operating on a bare bones budget for the size and impact we are having. We have a primary process that requires us to gather petitions from only registered republicans where 80% will be thrown out due to New Mexico rules. That is just the first step just to get on the primary ballot and is due by February 9. Then we have to run mini primaries in all 16 counties where if we don't get at least 20% of our delegates elected, Adam doesn't get on the ballot. That is an expensive and manpower intensive process. After that we have to get our delegates to the primary convention in March. All of those events require entrance fees for our delegates, or even those that want to vote for our delegates. As you can see the process here in New Mexico is designed for candidates with money which few grassroots candidates can ever get through. But we are doing it.
I hope this answers your questions, and maybe even a few you hadn't asked. I've been up since 4 am and have to finish getting ready for Adam's birthday.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support we have.

Wow that is some ridiculous loopholes to work through! To my knowledge, all a Republican needs to do to get on the ballot in Arizona, is get the specified amount signatures from either registered Republicans or Independents. Guess you have your work cut out for you :(

ronpaulhawaii
02-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Wow that is some ridiculous loopholes to work through! To my knowledge, all a Republican needs to do to get on the ballot in Arizona, is get the specified amount signatures from either registered Republicans or Independents. Guess you have your work cut out for you :(

and the entrance fee is to a poll tax as the CfL commercial was to an ... ?

Machine politics... :eek: :mad: ;)

Luckily, we have been building away out here. There really are just a few old power mongers who are still resisting. The other day, a local Santa Fe organizer listened to our opponent speak, asked one question, then asked to sign our petition :D