PDA

View Full Version : What did Campaign for Liberty do?

zade
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi, I've been out of the loop the past few days, and I'm finding it hard to sift through threads with hundreds of responses. Can someone briefly explain why everyone is deleting their c4l memberships?

steve005
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
they have been infiltrated

FrankRep
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Ken Buck is viewed as a Pro-War candidate. People are upset the C4L seems to be supporting him.

Big bucks – and lots of praise – for Senate candidate Ken Buck
http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2010/01/26/big-bucks-for-ken-bucks/

A group called Campaign for Liberty is spending almost $350,000 on ads touting Ken Buck’s GOP Senate campaign.

Campaign for Liberty did release this statement about the situation:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31963

C4L claim they didn't "endorse" Ken Buck, but merely used him in an ad because he answered "19 out of 20 questions correctly on our C4L candidate survey." However, the Ken Buck Ad does sound like an endorsement.

The article mentioned the source of the money: "The Colorado program was funded by a small number of Colorado activists. The funding for this program came ENTIRELY from this small group of new C4L donors."

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228504

start reading

MRoCkEd
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi, I've been out of the loop the past few days, and I'm finding it hard to sift through threads with hundreds of responses. Can someone briefly explain why everyone is deleting their c4l memberships?
It came out that a $350,000 C4L Ad spot was running for a candidate named Ken Buck. People were outraged because they thought the money could have been used on better candidates. However, it turns out that was not the case. In actuality, the money was earmarked specifically for that candidate so C4L could either agree to run ads for him or reject the money.

They had the candidate fill out an issues survey. He answered the survey well, being correct on 19/20 of the questions. So, they took the money and ran an ad that highlighted the good parts of Buck's platform while also promoting the candidate's forum. This proved to be beneficial to Colorado C4L because it helped their perceived influence and made other candidates fill out the survey.

It turns out that Ken Buck holds some positions that are not in line with a non-interventionist foreign policy, so members were very upset that C4L had anything to do with him. C4L has now cut off funding for the ad and said they will be more careful in the future.

LittleLightShining
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM

Take the time to read through the thread. Make up your own mind.

constituent
02-02-2010, 07:42 AM
what happened? lol...
[speculation, but what it looks like.]
some hacks funneled some money through some other hacks to support yet another hack so that the original hack(s) wouldn't be seen as the source of funding. also, the final hack--who happens to be a war hawk, prosecutor of hate crimes--got the "liberty seal of approval," and with it probably a few more votes...
[speculation. that's what it looks like.]