PDA

View Full Version : Digg This Story! Ron Paul 08'

democrat4democracy
10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Primaries_They_Tried_To_Douche_You

thanks everyone!

if you haven't joined digg yet - do it now and vote up the RP stories and keep it in the spotlight.

orenbus
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Dugg, nice!

libertythor
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Dugg

Tyler19
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
DUGG + MYSPACE Bulltin POSTED

http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul4thelonghaul2008

Zydeco
10-05-2007, 08:16 PM
um, a little gross...

njjack
10-05-2007, 08:33 PM
dugg, keep it going!

MsDoodahs
10-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Ack - that's not one you should digg at all.

njjack
10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
why not?

KramerDSP
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Man! That is BS! I'd bury the hell out of this, people. We are attracting an entirely new audience, and we do not need stuff like this with gross language associated with Dr. Paul. Would he approve of this ?? NO!

And you know what ? This would be the one story Digg actually bumps to the front page, pronto. Please be careful, everyone, about what we're doing.

njjack
10-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Man! That is BS! I'd bury the hell out of this, people. We are attracting an entirely new audience, and we do not need stuff like this with gross language associated with Dr. Paul. Would he approve of this ?? NO!

And you know what ? This would be the one story Digg actually bumps to the front page, pronto. Please be careful, everyone, about what we're doing.

I don't understand what's wrong with this article? Aren't they trying to get non-Republicans to vote for Ron Paul?

KramerDSP
10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
It's not the article. Maybe someone changed the title after you read it, but it reads:

"Ron Paul, Primaries. They Tried To Douche You!

Don't be left with douche juice on your nose! Get over to ronpaulnation.com/register and get in on the vote to choose who is going to run this country"

The "douche" thing alone makes it negative from the start, and the tone is more of "I'm smarter than you, come join us before it is too late, even though you already have some egg on your face".

Most people would naturally feel defensive and say "Screw this guy if thats what his supporters write".

No one explains Paul better than he does. The last thing we need to have people who are possibly more receptive to what he has to say is to give them a bad impression from the title pf the digg and block out what Paul is saying simply because of that.

IMHO, The approach is essential. If the lead headline was phrased less colorfully, I would not have had any problems with at all.

I have no intentions of creating dissension here, and I just wanted to express my feelings that the title is very inappropriate. I really don't think Ron as an OB-Gyn would like that term used, but maybe thats just me.

*getting off my soap box*

Starks
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry, but I gotta bury.