PDA

View Full Version : Why does C4L have past or present paid staffers as state coordinators for 8 states?

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
After a year and a half can someone please explain to me why this is?

Alaska, CT, Wasington DC, Mississippi and Rhode Island
Interim State Coordinator: Debbie Wells, Membership Services, former Missouri state campaign coordinator (PCC)

Michigan
One of 4 state coordinators: Adam DeAngeli, from the PCC and is currently Director of Information Technology for C4L

New Mexico and Wyoming
Interim State Coordinator: Jeff Greenspan, former regional director of the PCC

After reading Daamian's post about being ignored in CT (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2519756&postcount=40) after volunteering to be a district coordinator, I'm more annoyed now that I know Debbie Wells is the coordinator. What the hell, people?

Talk about control! And no wonder there are so few state coordinators on these conference calls. I hear there were 17 on last nights emergency post response q & a call. Seeing how 8 states are represented by the good old boys and girls club from the PCC it doesn't surprise me one bit that Tate is so cavalier. This is sickening.

UtahApocalypse
01-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Jus' another Good Ole' Boys club

MsDoodahs
01-30-2010, 03:45 PM
You ain't kidding.

JamesButabi
01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Well.... I can tell you Rhode Island is pretty hopeless. I think ive come across maybe a handful of liberty minded folk during my lifetime here who werent completely turned off by political activity.

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Well.... I can tell you Rhode Island is pretty hopeless. I think ive come across maybe a handful of liberty minded folk during my lifetime here who werent completely turned off by political activity.

Is Debbie Wells doing anything to help facilitate grassroots coordination in RI?

rancher89
01-30-2010, 04:13 PM
The only thing I can say is that the 'staff' took on the state coordination positions in states that had no one (or maybe that they "approved of") offer to take the position.......I have no idea why they still hold those positions.

I made sure there was someone to take my place before stepping down.

AuH2O
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Isn't the objective to eventually have paid coordinators in 50 states?

rancher89
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
eventually

AuH2O
01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
So people are complaining about 8 being too few?

paulitics
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
What the hell is the problem?

rancher89
01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know AuH2O, but I knew that Deb Wells and Adam were paid to their jobs, not to be state coordinators. I don't know about Jeff's role.

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
The only thing I can say is that the 'staff' took on the state coordination positions in states that had no one (or maybe that they "approved of") offer to take the position.......I have no idea why they still hold those positions.

I made sure there was someone to take my place before stepping down.It's an approval thing. We had to lobby hard to get a state coordinator in VT. Steve has done an amazing job organizing here and has spent thousands of dollars of his own money on VT C4L.

Isn't the objective to eventually have paid coordinators in 50 states?Is it?

So people are complaining about 8 being too few?
Um, no.

What the hell is the problem?
Oh, gee, I don't know. Maybe that instead of working to get people on the ground organized national would just as soon control states from VA.

AuH2O
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I thought the end goal is to have independent groups in all 50 states which self-fund and are run by salaried "Presidents" or "Executive Directors."

MsDoodahs
01-30-2010, 05:04 PM
So if the goal was SELF FUNDED state orgs, why has national been beating the shit out of people trying to get MORE MONEY MORE MONEY MORE MONEY for national?

The Patriot
01-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Isn't the objective to eventually have paid coordinators in 50 states?

No, money is evil:rolleyes:

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I thought the end goal is to have independent groups in all 50 states which self-fund and are run by salaried "Presidents" or "Executive Directors."

From all I have gathered (from the State Partner Relationship agreement) the primary goal of affiliating with the national is so that we can provide them with more information about people to solicit from. We get to use the website and get a 20% discount at the store.

dr. hfn
01-30-2010, 05:29 PM
What's wrong with this?

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
What's wrong with this?

After more than a year they can't find anyone in a whole state that can or will take over as state coordinator?

That says either the people in the state don't think enough about C4L to devote their time to it or national isn't trying very hard. Either way it doesn't look good.

angelatc
01-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Michigan has 4 state coordinators now, which is just as silly as having none.