PDA

View Full Version : Careful out there!

JoshLowry
01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wD5Q1.png
(http://i.imgur.com/wD5Q1.png)

jmdrake
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
We've had about 6 inches here in Nashville. Form anyone up north reading this, I know that means nothing to you. But we don't how the same level of snow removal equipment. Global warming my foot! God bless anyone braving the elements!

rancher89
01-30-2010, 04:09 PM
It's freakin' cold and white here in NC :D

runningdiz
01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
It's freakin' cold and white here in NC :D

Yeah Charlotte needs to invest in plows. Barely have any snow but roads are a complete mess around here!

devil21
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah Charlotte needs to invest in plows. Barely have any snow but roads are a complete mess around here!

I had fun driving around in it earlier. Nice to get to use the SUV for what it was designed for once in awhile. There were plows on South Blvd so they're getting it done, just slowly I guess.

rancher89
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
LOLOL SNOW!!!! We gotta go to the store and buy milk and bread and toilet paper and beer........the post-grocery store interviews on tv were really funny!!!

Michigan11
01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Just stick a couple of snow shovels in your grill and plow as you go..

runningdiz
01-30-2010, 04:22 PM
I had fun driving around in it earlier. Nice to get to use the SUV for what it was designed for once in awhile. There were plows on South Blvd so they're getting it done, just slowly I guess.

yeah I know I just cant imagine what would happen if we actually had snow. Things would be shutdown for days. I saw one plow when i was out. Just too many idiots trying to show off so I am scared to be out there.

malkusm
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Probably about a foot here in central VA, and it just stopped about an hour ago....hanging out at home and listening to Ron address the crowd in Louisville :)

jmdrake
01-30-2010, 07:40 PM

Back in April 1993 we had a freak blizzard in Birmingham Alabama that dumped 2 feet of snow. Needless to say the city was shut down for a couple of weeks. The power was out and everything. We were lucky because we had a generator and my mom figured out how to connect it to the gas furnace. (It needed electricity for the blower). Anyway, on the TV the day after the blizzard hit the local news was interviewing the mayor. The stupid reporter asked "So mayor, why was Birmingham not prepared for this eventuality". I almost fell out my chair. :eek:

Matt Collins
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
We've had about 6 inches here in Nashville. Form anyone up north reading this, I know that means nothing to you. But we don't how the same level of snow removal equipment. Global warming my foot! God bless anyone braving the elements!
Yes, I needed it for sure, thanks!

Actually KY was fine, it was TN, and SPECIFICALLY Nashville, that was iced in. :mad: