PDA

View Full Version : Were Tate and crew on board when the "he's catching on" ad debacle occured?

MsDoodahs
01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm curious - the Buck ad appears well done in terms of quality.

The "he's catching on" ad that was created during the campaign...anyone recall the cost of that particular ad? I seem to recall some UNGODLY HUGE amount of money was used for it, and it was HORRIBLE quality.

Which CFL top tier staff were working for the campaign when the "catching on" ad sucked up all that dough?

LibertyEagle
01-30-2010, 09:49 AM
That ad sucked. Brings back horrible memories. lol.

Seems like the question should be who was in charge of those ads...

UtahApocalypse
01-30-2010, 09:52 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul TV Ad: #1 for New Hampshire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8)

My favorite part "He want''s to get out of Iraq pronto" LMAO

erowe1
01-30-2010, 10:44 AM
I loved that ad. I think it was brilliant. The R3volution wouldn't have been the same without it. And I doubt it really cost that much.

No1ButPaul08
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM

The "he's catching on" ad that was created during the campaign...anyone recall the cost of that particular ad? I seem to recall some UNGODLY HUGE amount of money was used for it, and it was HORRIBLE quality.

Which CFL top tier staff were working for the campaign when the "catching on" ad sucked up all that dough?

Was Tate even a part of the PCC? The way I remember it Kent Snyder and Lew Moore were the big dogs in the campaign

angelatc
01-30-2010, 10:51 AM
No Tate. Lew Moore was running the show then. Kent Snyder, and Jesse Benton were around though.

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Was Tate even a part of the PCC? The way I remember it Kent Snyder and Lew Moore were the big dogs in the campaign

Hopper brought Tate in.

National Political Director John Tate
(announced Jan. 26, 2008) "John Tate is a 25-year veteran of Republican politics. He has worked on dozens of local, state and national campaigns, was a key organizer in Pat Robertson's 1988 presidential bid, and ran for Congress in 1986. Mr. Tate was instrumental in the Paul campaign’s top tier finishes in Nevada and Louisiana." (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:MLc1BODXXoEJ:www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/paul/paulorg.html+John+Tate+Ron+Paul+campaign&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

No1ButPaul08
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Hopper brought Tate in.

That article is from Jan. 26 where Tate got named National Field Director, which was fairly late in the campaign.

However, from searching RPF, it looks like Tate was working with the campaign prior to that.

This video was made Nov 1 2007.
Ron Paul 2008 Grassroots Training Part 5 on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/383751)

And the Iowa Caucus was Jan 3

John Tate was on the ground in Iowa right before the caucuses. I didn't get to know him very well but he seemed experienced and competent.

itshappening
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
competent? wasn't Iowa a farce. the database got stolen or deleted??

We really should have performed so much better in a very closed caucus environment, nice to know Mr. Tate was leading the charge there... sigh *

RCA
01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
It's funny you mentioned that because certain members are acting like our issues with the PCC/CFL crew are something that has just sprung up and/or are petty. I think a large percentage of the liberty base has had "gripes" with this leadership for a very, very long time.

Bruno
01-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Would a 2012 run be any different if the same people were running the campaign? :confused: :(

MsDoodahs
01-30-2010, 11:32 AM
It's funny you mentioned that because certain members are acting like our issues with the PCC/CFL crew are something that has just sprung up and/or are petty. I think a large percentage of the liberty base has had "gripes" with this leadership for a very, very long time.

Yes, and those gripes have gone unaddressed and we were told to just "give them time" and of course, keep funding them.

We all gave CFL plenty of time.

The Buck ad debacle is the result.

Time's up.

No1ButPaul08
01-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Would a 2012 run be any different if the same people were running the campaign? :confused: :(

Good point. Or how about a White House administration? RP has a history of not managing things very well. The campaign was a disaster and that comes down on him. The newsletters still haunt him, again poor management. The CFL stuff has been well documented. I love the guy but he clearly isn't a good administrator.

fj45lvr
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM

great point....

possibly not. This is where the movement needs to use the "free market" and get money to where there is excellence, take the TV commercials for example, I believe some individuals that made youtube videos for Paul should have made the commercials for a fraction of the cost and twice as good of a product. Central planning didn't work

rancher89
01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Good question, in fact it's one that was posed to me by a fellow C4L member here in NC just last night, in the form of "Wasn't there some other earlier dust up regarding Tate's actions regarding the C4L?"

He needs to resign.

UtahApocalypse
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
great point....

possibly not. This is where the movement needs to use the "free market" and get money to where there is excellence, take the TV commercials for example, I believe some individuals that made youtube videos for Paul should have made the commercials for a fraction of the cost and twice as good of a product. Central planning didn't work

Look up the "Ames Ad" if you want a great example of true Grassroots outdoing the Campaign.

Liberty Star
01-30-2010, 01:24 PM
While we're on history lessons, who came up with the "terrorist nations" ad to "win" Iowa voters during primaries?

MsDoodahs
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't remember that one.

Liberty Star
01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
It had stirred quite a bit of controversy here, few people had left as a result I think. Ad was meant to show a tougher immigration policy stance but wording was terrible and contradictory to RP's message

MsDoodahs
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
It had stirred quite a bit of controversy here, few people had left as a result I think. Ad was meant to show a tougher immigration policy stance but wording was terrible and contradictory to RP's message

Oh yeah - that one had Justin Raimondo going crazy, iirc.

Sounds eerily similar....***contradictory to RP's message*** ... to what we're dealing with today...

RCA
01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
While we're on history lessons, who came up with the "terrorist nations" ad to "win" Iowa voters during primaries?

can you post said video?

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know where this "JFT Consulting, Inc." is incorporated? The only place John Tate and JFT Consulting appear together are here and the C4L site. Is that weird or is it just me?

AuH2O
01-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know where this "JFT Consulting, Inc." is incorporated? The only place John Tate and JFT Consulting appear together are here and the C4L site. Is that weird or is it just me?

Virginia?

LittleLightShining
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Virginia?

Thanks for the lead. Found this:

JFT consulting gave $125 (October 2009) to Robert G. Marshall, Republican member of the VA House of Delegates. According to Mr. Marshall's wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Marshall):

In 2000, Marshall was the sole patron of H.B. 350[2] and H.B. 351[3] in the Virginia General Assembly. These bills made it a Class 6 Felony to possess a gun on any public property in the state of Virginia even with a concealed carry permit. Marshall's bills were absorbed into a larger gun control bill and enacted. In 2000, a Virginia school teacher named Deena Esteban[4] was sentenced to a year in prison after accidentally bringing a handgun onto public property in a ruling based on Marshall's legislation. Deena Esteban was in possession of a concealed carry permit and was not engaging in any threatening actions.[citation needed]

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, a pro-Second Amendment organization, unsuccessfully lobbied Marshall to withdraw his legislation at the time.[5][citation needed]

JVParkour
01-30-2010, 02:45 PM

AuH2O
01-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the lead. Found this:

JFT consulting gave $125 (October 2009) to Robert G. Marshall, Republican member of the VA House of Delegates. According to Mr. Marshall's wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Marshall):

I don't know about that bill, but Bob Marshall is about is good as they come. He introduced the bill to stop Dangerous ID in VA.

jmdrake
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM

I doubt whoever made the "He's catching on ad" made the Buck ad. Whether you with the decision to make the Buck ad, it's clearly well done.