PDA

View Full Version : Operation Schiff: A grassroots effort to mail a postcard to every homeowner in CT

sofia
01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
If we all get behind this guerrilla marketing effort, it could be game over in CT.....

http://www.tomatobubble.com/schiff.html

tpreitzel
01-29-2010, 09:01 PM
If we all get behind this guerrilla marketing effort, it could be game over in CT.....

http://www.tomatobubble.com/schiff.html (http://www.tomatobubble.com/schiff.html)

Correct the spelling errors, e.g. genius ... ;)

malkusm
01-29-2010, 09:01 PM
This is reminiscent of the Ron Paul letter-writing campaign to the early primary states. I think this is a great idea!

sofia
01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Correct the spelling errors, e.g. genius ... ;)

good catch!....next batch will be correct

dr. hfn
01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
bump!

klamath
01-29-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't support preemptive war candidates.

tpreitzel
01-29-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't support preemptive war candidates.

I think the majority of readers are already quite familiar with your position. ;)

Stary Hickory
01-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah I like this idea, glad to see some activity for Schiff, I feel good about Rand Paul but I am worried about Schiff's run.

klamath
01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I think the majority of readers are already quite familiar with your position. ;)

I think everyone is quite aware of everyones opinion of the CFL but but you know everyone keeps posting opinions:D

tpreitzel
01-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I think everyone is quite aware of everyones opinion of the CFL but but you know everyone keeps posting opinions:D

Here's a golden chance to demonstrate your potential for leadership. ;)

dannno
01-29-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm in for 100, but I don't think it will be terribly effective to put my CA address on the postcards :p

Might get the campaign in trouble if I use their headquarters address.. any recommendations or do the postcards come with reply addresses already??

sofia
01-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm in for 100, but I don't think it will be terribly effective to put my CA address on the postcards :p

Might get the campaign in trouble if I use their headquarters address.. any recommendations or do the postcards come with reply addresses already??

dont worry about.....the power of the video will overawe any potential displeasure over receiving a card from out-of-state.

SelfTaught
01-30-2010, 08:57 AM
dont worry about.....the power of the video will overawe any potential displeasure over receiving a card from out-of-state.

Let's be realistic here. Will they even watch the video if they see it was mailed by someone in CA? There are plenty of people that hate out-of-state meddling.

More importantly. We can't just assume the awesomeness of Schiff will win people over 100%, 75%, or even 25% of the time. That's just childish thinking.

qwerty
01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Awesome!

ronpaulhawaii
01-30-2010, 09:58 AM
It actually would not be a bad idea to have a generic local return address.

Grassroots initiatives always put a smile on my face

:)

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-30-2010, 10:00 AM
During the Ron Paul campaign some fellow supporters in my area got lists of people who have voted previously and suggested targeting them first. Such ideas may or may not be worth considering.

sofia
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Let's be realistic here. Will they even watch the video if they see it was mailed by someone in CA? There are plenty of people that hate out-of-state meddling.

More importantly. We can't just assume the awesomeness of Schiff will win people over 100%, 75%, or even 25% of the time. That's just childish thinking.

way to think positive!

so let's not even try.

Ever think that some people will be intrigued by the card and video? Ever think that some will actually be influenced by it?

Isn't that better than sitting around and doing NOTHING???

Koz
01-30-2010, 11:28 AM
so let's not even try.

Great idea! We'll just let Blumenthal win. That will be great for America.

JasonC
01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
One question: is the person selling the postcards makign a profit?

If they are, I think they need to lower the price so that people can buy as many cards as they can with their hard earned cash.

As far as the comment of Schiff being a preemptive war candidate, If you watch Schiff enough, it is pretty clear that he thinks the Iran fears are bogus (he was against going in Iraq, too), but he is crafting his response in a way that will not scare away GOP voters. I think Schiff is pretty much right on par with Ron Paul in regards to foreign policy. He is just smart enough to know not to beat the nonintervention drum too hard. Schiff and Rand are the two most important liberty candidates we can get behind, in my opinion. Schiff will have some major balls in the senate and do a lot of good for our cause. Is that not worth your support? At the very least, I would appreciate it if you took your Schiff bashing elsewhere, but hey, you are free to do as you please. I just think you (and others like you) are hurting our cause.

dannno
01-30-2010, 12:00 PM

If they are, I think they need to lower the price so that people can buy as many cards as they can with their hard earned cash.

No, I don't think there's much or any profit at $.20/card, the bulk of the cost is actually the stamps you'd be buying. Plus they are putting together the mailing lists, etc, this person is putting in extra time that I'm willing to help subsidize. Not to mention they are re-running first production due to a typo.

The rest of your post about the Schiff bashing I agree with, I keep saying he was talking about a hypothetical situation that only exists in the minds of the neocons he is placating.

JasonC
01-30-2010, 12:06 PM
No, I don't think there's much or any profit at $.20/card, the bulk of the cost is actually the stamps you'd be buying. Plus they are putting together the mailing lists, etc, this person is putting in extra time that I'm willing to help subsidize. Not to mention they are re-running first production due to a typo.

The rest of your post about the Schiff bashing I agree with, I keep saying he was talking about a hypothetical situation that only exists in the minds of the neocons he is placating.

Thanks.

Yea, it didnt seem like that high of a price, but I just wanted to be sure. I will be buying some soon.

sofia
01-30-2010, 12:09 PM

By the time we pay for these full color cards, the mailing list, and the shipping, there's a few bucks left over for lunch.

If the demand gets really heavy we'll slash some more.

However, the price was just lowered for quantities above 100.

KAYA
01-30-2010, 12:28 PM
The only problem I have with this and its a significant problem is that the mailing list contains "not just Republicans, but also Independents,Democrats, and even previously non-voting types."

That right there, screams waste and inefficiency. Why? Because this is a REPUBLICAN primary! That cancels out the Dems, and depending on how CT runs its primaries it could cancel out registered Independents as well. Also, "previously non-voting types" obviously don't care enough about their government to vote so they certainly won't take the time to watch this video, register Republican and go out to vote in a primary race if they were never motivated enough to vote in the past.

Don't get me wrong I love the idea and hope this type of grass-roots activism continues, but unfortunately unless this effort is focused on likely Republican voters (and perhaps Indies depending on CT primary rules) its wasting resources. I bet the Schiff campaign would gladly supply a likely voter list for you to send out with each batch of cards if you ask.

sofia
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
The only problem I have with this and its a significant problem is that the mailing list contains "not just Republicans, but also Independents,Democrats, and even previously non-voting types."

That right there, screams waste and inefficiency. Why? Because this is a REPUBLICAN primary! That cancels out the Dems, and depending on how CT runs its primaries it could cancel out registered Independents as well. Also, "previously non-voting types" obviously don't care enough about their government to vote so they certainly won't take the time to watch this video, register Republican and go out to vote in a primary race if they were never motivated enough to vote in the past.

Don't get me wrong I love the idea and hope this type of grass-roots activism continues, but unfortunately unless this effort is focused on likely Republican voters (and perhaps Indies depending on CT primary rules) its wasting resources. I bet the Schiff campaign would gladly supply a likely voter list for you to send out with each batch of cards if you ask.

duly noted.

The current approach would work better for a general election. I am working on getting GOP lists but the problem is they want you to buy the entire list.

I will try to contact the Schiff campaign.

In the meantime, I am using zip codes of affluent areas with GOP majorities.

If anyone here can help with procuring GOP lists that can be obtained in increments of 2000 or less...it would be appreciated.

KAYA
01-30-2010, 12:46 PM
duly noted.

The current approach would work better for a general election. I am working on getting GOP lists but the problem is they want you to buy the entire list.

I will try to contact the Schiff campaign.

In the meantime, I am using zip codes of affluent areas with GOP majorities.

If anyone here can help with procuring GOP lists that can be obtained in increments of 2000 or less...it would be appreciated.

Sofia you can sign up as a volunteer with the Schiff campain, and the7 will provide you with I phone list of likely primary voters if you want to make calls, so I'm sure a mailing list would be just as easy to obtain.

AuH2O
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
It needs to express more clearly and prominently that he is running for the Senate. It does not in any way read political, it feels like a postcard version of one of those midnight finance infomercials.

qwerty
01-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Bump!

dannno
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
That right there, screams waste and inefficiency. Why? Because this is a REPUBLICAN primary! .

I'm not sure what the date to change parties is, but assuming it has passed, even if we can get some Independents and possibly Dems excited about him a bit late, they can still support by donating to the campaign, bumper stickers, yard signs, calling for Schiff, etc...

Should probably focus on Republicans, though.

qwerty
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
POSTCARDS MAILED TO DATE (02/01/10): 1,370 CT HOME OWNERS!

:cool:

jmdrake
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM

I still don't know how you think Rand, who's never said anything about bombing anyone, is more hawkish than Schiff. And the situation's not that "hypothetical". We get intel all of the time about Iran "threats". And I'm not sure they aren't trying to get a nuke. I would if I were in their position. Iraq didn't have a nuke and we invaded them. North Korea has nukes and while we talk a good game, we've left them along and every so often give them aid. Pakistan has nukes, got caught trying to give the technology to Al Qaeda and they get foreign aid out the wazoo. And yes, I know Schiff was "throwing a bone" to a bonehead voter. But this isn't some far fetched hypothetical. Plus I have a queasy feeling about politicians who succumb to such hypos, let along make them up unsolicited. (How many times have we heard the "Say if you had a terrorist who knew where a nuke was. Would you torture him or his children?" scenario. :(

That said I still support Schiff and may do this postcard bomb thing. Just because I'm not going to go through contortions to defend a position I find indefensible doesn't mean he's not a good candidate.

jmdrake
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks.

Yea, it didnt seem like that high of a price, but I just wanted to be sure. I will be buying some soon.

That. And they are fine with mailing you the file if you think you can get it done cheaper locally. I remember during the Ron Paul campaign I burned my own copies of different Ron Paul DVDs to distribute. By the time I printed the labels I was close to the price it would have cost me to buy the professionally made ones. Plus there was the extra time involved. I wish I had just bought the DVDs.

qwerty
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Bump!

qwerty
02-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Postcards mailed to date (02/02/10): 1,440 ct voters!

qwerty
02-11-2010, 01:20 AM
postcards mailed to date (02/11/10): 2,650 ct voters!