PDA

View Full Version : Profanity on the Forum

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
It's been an emotional couple of days for a lot of people, but profanity doesn't look good in the long run, especially on a public forum (which may be archived forever). Being civil usually works best. Just sayin' people. :)

(Exclamation points, bolding, italics, different colors and font sizes are all good ways to add emphasis!) :D

WWRPD?

FrankRep
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Self-control is a Libertarian virtue. Practice it.

:D

jmdrake
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
He would say "That's ***** as blazes". :D Seriously, good point.

dr. hfn
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
bump!

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
He would say "That's ***** as blazes". :D Seriously, good point.

Seriously LOL! Under the most extreme circumstance, that's the worse thing he will say... :D

t0rnado
01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't ever plan on running for public office, but many others on this forum might. Most if not all the posts on this forum are cached by Google and other search engines, so the things you may post be used against you.

Mini-Me
01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Hahahahaha...I'm constantly censoring myself to avoid typing curse words in all caps. :D

erowe1
01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
(Exclamation points, bolding, italics, different colors and font sizes are all good ways to add emphasis!) :D

Also, there are plenty of expletives that don't communicate that a person is lacking in vocabulary quite the way that reflexive use of swear words does.

Here are some examples:
Good goobledy goops!
Snikey!
Hokey Pete!
Fruit baskets!
Jiminy Cricket!
Great Scott!

t0rnado
01-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Also, there are plenty of expletives that don't communicate that a person is lacking in vocabulary quite the way that reflexive use of swear words does.

Here are some examples:
Good goobledy goops!
Snikey!
Hokey Pete!
Fruit baskets!
Jiminy Cricket!
Great Scott!

If we used those, this would become a Napoleon Dynamite fan forum.

SLSteven
01-29-2010, 09:44 PM
If we used those, this would become a Napoleon Dynamite fan forum.

Sweet!

Kotin
01-29-2010, 10:14 PM
no thanks.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2010, 10:21 PM
"You find a need to use a lot of obscenities at the dentist?"
"I let the expletives fly!"

:D

YouTube - [HD] Seinfeld- Kramer Gets Novacaine At The Dentist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dXMYw4SXJc)

indyfreedomlover
01-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Definitely agree. I'm sure there are many welfare-warfare state type people on here (yes, we know you are watching!)

At least keep it to a minimum.....

Brian4Liberty
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Seems that Ron Paul may have been reading this forum...

Ron Paul was Most Upset about the "Viciousness of the Internet"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229388

Bruno
02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
razzle frazzle

SelfTaught
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Seems that Ron Paul may have been reading this forum...

I never thought about that.

It would be funny if he addressed me personally. Like, "I am deeply dissapointed about the behavior exhibited by SelfTaught. His crude language and inapropriate comments diminish our efforts to restore liberty to our great nation. We must be careful not to let anymore alcoholic jerks into our grassroots organization."

But then again, I think he has much more pressing things to do. I doubt he cares too much about any of the forums associated with his presidential candidacy.

dannno
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
YouTube - Do you have to use so many cuss words? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf9erulmi_4)

AlterEgo
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
General George S Patton Jr:

"You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight it's way out of a piss-soaked paper bag."

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
It's been an emotional couple of days for a lot of people, but profanity doesn't look good in the long run, especially on a public forum (which may be archived forever). Being civil usually works best. Just sayin' people. :)

WWRPD?

A student may use such terms as Ho momma, bastard, bitch, and the like, but he or she may not say that Ho momma "N" word, that bastard "N" word, or that bitch "N" word. Any reference to the "N" word will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immeditate termination.

Thank You,

Administration

Matt Collins
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
A student may use such terms as Ho momma, bastard, bitch, and the like, but he or she may not say that Ho momma "N" word, that bastard "N" word, or that bitch "N" word. Any reference to the "N" word will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immeditate termination.

Thank You,

Administration
YouTube - Teacher uses the N word (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY16_nKORb8)

Dreamofunity
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I like profanity. Exclamation points, bolding, italics, different colors and font sizes are all fucking lame.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
YouTube - Do you have to use so many cuss words? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf9erulmi_4)

Ah, that great Philosopher extraordinaire, Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski! :D

Promontorium
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I like caps, italics, bolds, etc. but this fucking site censors them.

coyote_sprit
02-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I like caps, italics, bolds, etc. but this fucking site censors them.

I saw what the said before hand mister "I like caps, italics, bolds, etc. but this fucking site censors them. TRAYSON NEEDS TO CONCEDE. <---typed in all caps."

Mini-Me
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM

Thank You,

Administration

I'd like administration to clarify whether we're allowed to call people "neocons." :D

__27__
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
"This thread is fucking retarded." ~ Rahm Emanuel