PDA

View Full Version : My Senator wrote back about the Health Cae Bill

tangent4ronpaul
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM
It's been so long since I wrote her, I don't even remember writing her. Her responce.... (form letter)

Dear Mr. Tangent:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about health care reform. It's great to hear from you.

I have heard from many of my constituents who are concerned about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (H.R. 3590). I would like to address some of those concerns.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act achieves my four principles of health care reform:

-saving and strengthening Medicare

-ending punitive insurance company practices that deny coverage based on pre-existing health conditions, age and gender

-providing universal access to health care

-emphasizing quality, prevention and integrative health to save lives and save money

The Senate bill would allow you to keep your doctor. There will be no government interference with the doctor-patient relationship.

The Senate bill also helps small business to provide health care to their employees by creating new insurance exchanges for small businesses and individuals who don't get insurance through work. It provides individuals and businesses the same bargaining power as if they were a large group. It gives them the choice and the opportunity to select the best plan they can afford with the care that best meets their needs.

Thanks once again for writing. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

surf
01-29-2010, 03:50 PM
The Senate bill would allow you to keep your doctor.

isn't that nice of them...

Stary Hickory
01-29-2010, 06:16 PM
isn't that nice of them...

Exactly as if they had the right to tell us how and where to get our health care in the first place. The bill is unconstitutional and ought not be obeyed in any form.