PDA

View Full Version : How many people have YOU converted so far???

rwl4
10-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey all,

I just thought it might be entertaining to see how many people each of us has directly introduced to Ron Paul and ultimately converted?

5 directly so far for me:
my wife (actually we both were convinced from the Candidates@Google video)
my business partner (same as with my wife, liked him instantly)
my mother
my grandmother (she votes for what my mother does)
one of our customers, who then passed the message on to his friends

It's been a lot of fun so far! 5 for me... How about YOU?

Johnnybags
10-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey all,

I just thought it might be entertaining to see how many people each of us has directly introduced to Ron Paul and ultimately converted?

5 directly so far for me:
my wife (actually we both were convinced from the Candidates@Google video)
my business partner (same as with my wife, liked him instantly)
my mother
my grandmother (she votes for what my mother does)
one of our customers, who then passed the message on to his friends

It's been a lot of fun so far! 5 for me... How about YOU?

and my wife is ready for a divorce? Ron better pay the bill, lol.

Mr. White
10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Converted for sure?

Wife
Mother
Brother
Possibly sister-in-law
Friend
Cousin

specsaregood
10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
//

RonPaulGetsIt
10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Wife
brother and wife
one brother in law (wife will probably go along)
mother and father in law
working on the other brother in law
bunch of guys from work

We should each try to get one convert this weekend and have them come to the forums and join in

DahuiHeeNalu
10-05-2007, 06:10 PM
About a DOZEN i know for sure but who knows with all the signs and literature i leave around i picked up a man on the side of the road today he was walking to the gas station from his car that was out of gas on the bridge and gave him a slim jim and we talked all the way there and back i feel like i got another vote :D

Patrick Henry
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
*Brother
*Father
*Mother
*Grandmother
*Girlfriend
*Girlfriends Mother and Father kinda (kinda meaning that they will vote for him in the general, but they will not change their registration from Dem to Repub for the primary even though they have never voted for a democrat in the last 30 years)
*Two people from work
*Probably about 10-20 random people just making small talk with on the subway and giving literature though this cannot be verified
*My moms friend and her husband thanks to my mother giving them the statement of faith.

My pastor from PA is next. :D

purepaloma
10-05-2007, 06:22 PM
7 Directly

And I know of those 7, 5 are going gangbusters......and it's spreading like an STD.

ronpaulfan
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I only know 16 for sure, but I've hit so many houses door-to-door, I'm hoping its more like 70 :cool:

madcat033
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I've gotten a few... let's see. My biggest achievement is converting my entire family. My step-dad's dad is really close friends with Rudy's campaign manager in NH, so he is a Rudy supporter. My step-dad asked me when I got home for summer if I wanted to work for Rudy's campaign...

However, I managed to convert my ENTIRE family. My step-dad included. They are now obsessed with Ron Paul. None of them had heard of him before. Now, my 17 year old brother has a Ron Paul sweatshirt and t-shirt. My mom and my step-dad both attended the Ron Paul family walk in NH, and they both bought shirts. They have really taken off on their own.

Also, one of my friends had never heard of Ron Paul, when I showed him a few videos at the beginning of summer. Now, he is as hardcore of a supporter as I am. He has donated hundreds of dollars and volunteered at MANY meetup activities.

Oh, and I've gotten a bunch of converts because I chalked UNH's campus before the debate they held there. :)

ronpaulfan
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Also, one of my friends had never heard of Ron Paul, when I showed him a few videos at the beginning of summer. Now, he is as hardcore of a supporter as I am. He has donated hundreds of dollars and volunteered at MANY meetup activities.

WOOT! Showing people Ron Paul videos is like infecting someone with Paulitis! No better way to create another die-hard supporter!

Ron Paul Fan
10-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I reckon I've directly converted a couple hundred so far. Indirectly, we might be talking a thousand Paulunteers. I got a bunch of people at work and by walking around aimlessly in the streets with flyers and slimjims. It's not that hard really. You just have to put yourself in the minds of the people. Some people like to hear about ending the Iraq war, others about phasing the IRS, and others about personal liberty. I think if we had more people like me, Ron Paul would be at the top of the polls right now. But we have to work with what we have and I'll just encourage everyone to follow my lead. I won't try and enforce my goodness on you like the neo-cons preach. Instead, I'll set a good example, motivate you, and have you want to emulate me. Do that, and winning the election will be as easy as convincing the neo-cons that the terrorists attack us for our freedoms.

surf
10-05-2007, 06:37 PM
i'd say 5-10 or more conversions, but i've many more that i think will vote for the first time (and show up at my caucus meeting).

dreamsinc
10-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm contagious, and spreading all over Seattle and four states.

Me (for sure)
- Brother
- Sister-in-law
- Talking to his friends (10x)
- Mother
- Grand-parents
- Father
- 50x potential for a viral effect
- Friend
- Wife
- Family
- Talking to his friends (10x)
- Business partner and his wife
- Massively active in spreading the word

In progress
- Working on another business partner
- I have more friends/customers to talk to

Several of us have been placing cards, slimjims, and posters in coffee shops.

Let's keep it spreading!

B964
10-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Aprox 15. At least 9 were not Republicans and now are.

rwl4
10-05-2007, 10:20 PM
My next target is my dad... An avid talk radio / Hannity listener. He'll be a tough one. Then it'll be 6. ;-)

bbachtung
10-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Welcome dreamsinc!

Original_Intent
10-05-2007, 11:04 PM
My wife
at least one co-worker, and I have at least 4 that are seriously looking at him, but they are by no means on board yet
a friend and his wife
Both of my parents

So 6 that are 100% on board and 4 to 6 that are "in the process" of being converted.

Sean
10-06-2007, 12:47 AM
I have converted 12 family and friends. At work I have 3 people for sure and have about 20 others considering him. It should be easier to get them to support him once they start thinking of the election more. I find that the best lead in is to talk about the falling dollar as that affects everyone and no one likes to see their pay effectively decrease 40%. Then mention that only one presidential candidate has been talking about it. As for other converts I don't know for sure.

Jordan
10-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Well over 20 of my close friends.

All you have to do is cite that he wants to decrease spending to the point of a balanced budget with lower taxes.

Revolution9
10-06-2007, 05:10 AM
A fuck of alot. Average about 2 a day for several months. Next weekend I expect a few hundred. At rallies I may convert alot but how can you count.

Best
Randy

rwl4
10-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow, this is great!

wolv275
10-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Brother & Wife 2
Girlfriend & sister & parents 4
My Parents 2
Sister 1
Friend & Wife 2