PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Colorado Buck donor chose the CFL?

brandon
01-29-2010, 11:43 AM
So the most popular CFL/Neocon theory is that a rich donor, potentially the gay activist Gill, used the CFL to funnel money to Buck skirting FEC laws. This story certainly is plausible.

But if this is the case, why the CFL? There are tons of 507 groups that could have been chosen to funnel the ad money through. I'd like to hear some speculation on why Buck's big donor would chose the CFL instead of some less controversial local 507.

steve005
01-29-2010, 11:45 AM
myabe he likes freedom, or maybe its a way to try to bring cfl down

LittleLightShining
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
myabe he likes freedom, or maybe its a way to try to bring cfl down
Probably.

Aratus
01-29-2010, 11:51 AM
in light of the 49 sites at the white house
that were just hacked, two bogus "osama'
tapes being floated about as a high ranking
blue dog Democrat down in louisiana done
got burgled into as if e. howard hunt is still
alive, let alone maybe some staffer in C4L
putting an old "turkey!day" tape into their phone
answerer, on top of politics just gettin' heated up...

erowe1
01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
in light of the 49 sites at the white house
that were just hacked, two bogus "osama'
tapes being floated about as a high ranking
blue dog Democrat down in louisiana done
got burgled into as if e. howard hunt is still
alive, let alone maybe some staffer in C4L
putting an old "turkey!day" tape into their phone
answerer, on top of politics just gettin' heated up...

One of the barriers that nonconspiracy theorists have to believing conspiracy theories is the observation that those who do believe them so often have tendencies to weave into their conspiracy theories absolutely everything that happens, even such mundane and innocuous events as the CFL playing of a Thanksgiving away message on a day other than Thanksgiving.

Aratus
01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
are you now actually saying that the C4L sorta wanted to be on vacation UNTIL next THANKSGIVING???
or in light of todays threads here, they may go easy on the temp-help person who made a small boo-boo?

Aratus
01-29-2010, 12:05 PM
i admit that i am a "truther" and yes, a pattern... a sequence of events ...may only be just random!

erowe1
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
are you now actually saying that the C4L sorta wanted to be on vacation UNTIL next THANKSGIVING???
or in light of todays threads here, they may go easy on the temp-help person who made a small boo-boo?

No, I'm just saying that the simplest explanation for why they used the wrong away message was that it was an accident.

What do you think? It was a coded message to someone?

LittleLightShining
01-29-2010, 12:09 PM
No, I'm just saying that the simplest explanation for why they used the wrong away message was that it was an accident.

What do you think? It was a coded message to someone?

I certainly don't. But I think it was an excellent example of scrambling and/or incompetence. How hard is it to record a phone message that says, "Thanks for calling, we're not presently in the office but we will return your call as soon as possible"? Shouldn't they already have a message like that?

MsDoodahs
01-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Theories...

CFL was chosen because someone(s) inside CFL has ties to CO politics and was the person contacted by the donor.

see

http://saberinc.net/saber/about/mir.pdf

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=John_Tate

From Tate's bio:

"He is the founder and President of JFT Consulting, Inc. a consulting firm that specializes in political strategy, fundraising and grassroots lobbying."

I can't find any references to JFT Consulting other than the statement in his bio at CFL.

hmmm.

Aratus
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
IMOHO the message was either two months too late or ten months way too early.
the logic of a stopped clock or watch. the next holiday is FEB 14th? president's day?
someone subliminally with a jungian sense of things wants a LOOOOONG vacation!

erowe1
01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I certainly don't. But I think it was an excellent example of scrambling and/or incompetence. How hard is it to record a phone message that says, "Thanks for calling, we're not presently in the office but we will return your call as soon as possible"? Shouldn't they already have a message like that?

Yeah, they should, and I'm sure they do. Like you said, it's easy to write this off as an incident of scrambling or incompetence. Since the CFL has interns who have no experience, and those are probably the people who get the job of answering phones and setting up the away message on the phone system, it's not completely unexpected that extremely minor things like that will happen.

Aratus
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Theories...

CFL was chosen because someone(s) inside CFL has ties to CO politics and was the person contacted by the donor.

see

From Tate's bio:

"He is the founder and President of JFT Consulting, Inc. a consulting firm that specializes in political strategy, fundraising and grassroots lobbying."

I can't find any references to JFT Consulting other than the statement in his bio at CFL.

hmmm.

Aratus looks above...

erowe1
01-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Theories...

see

From Tate's bio:

hmmm.

That is a good point.

But it still doesn't answer the problem that using CFL runs certain legal risks that wouldn't exist if a 527 were used, or even created anew for the purpose, instead.

TonySutton
01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Tim Gill has shown himself to be quite a bit smarter than to do something which would garner the FECs attention. I would be very surprised if he were involved in something which would place him in a bad position.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Has the Gill connection been confirmed?

Perhaps Gill is a Ron Paul fan?
and/or
Maybe C4L was the only conservative group that would take his money?

LittleLightShining
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
I can't find ANYTHING about this JFT Consulting, Inc., either. In fact this thread comes up on the first page of a google search for same.

I think it's high time we start looking at the relationships between Debbie Hopper, Deb Wells, John Tate, Jesse Benton and Michael Rothfeld.

Something stinks here.