PDA

View Full Version : Good article from birch society (digg)

wolv275
10-05-2007, 05:31 PM
http://digg.com/political_opinion/ABC_News_Report_on_Ron_Paul_s_Success_is_a_Case_St udy_in_Political_Spin

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Are the John Birch guys endorsing Ron Paul?

Man look at the leadership. Is anyone here a member? Wait .. looking at the michigan RP website it says sponsored by Dean Sellers Ford .. and the owner is one of the leaders of the John Birch Society!

We need to get them connected to what the grassroots is doing. Ideas?

wolv275
10-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I think they are sympathetic, but not out right supporting him yet? I could be wrong.

TheIndependent
10-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Digg is notoriously rabid toward anything JBS. Probably not the best source to be digging no matter how good the article is.

Choose battles wisely.

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Digg is notoriously rabid toward anything JBS. Probably not the best source to be digging no matter how good the article is.

Choose battles wisely.

Honestly, I don't think we should digg anything with RP in the title unless it's really important. Everyone on there has seen plenty of RP stuff already.

USPatriot36
10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
They don't endorse candidates. All of their members have been aware of Ron Paul for years, so no need to go after them.

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 05:44 PM
They don't endorse candidates. All of their members have been aware of Ron Paul for years, so no need to go after them.

I wasn't thinking of convertin them .. we could use help in the raising $$ for events. For example, the NH people could contact the JBS NH guy.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 05:44 PM
JBS is totally PRO Ron Paul! Every time they write about the Presidential race, it's always pro-Ron Paul, and it's not a mystery of who they support, either. I think Ron Paul might actually even be a member of JBS.....

USPatriot36
10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
He is not a member.

specsaregood
10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I wasn't thinking of convertin them .. we could use help in the raising $$ for events. For example, the NH people could contact the JBS NH guy.

They already are, trust me. I am not a member, but have met quite a few via Ron Paul events. They are top-notch Ron Paul supporters, some of the BEST on-the-streets advocates for Ron Paul. There is no need to go after them to get them involved at all, they are most likely already in your meetup groups and you may not even know it. The JBS has a long history of grassroots activities and are very skilled at this sort of stuff.

Matt Collins
10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree with the JBS on most everything, however I dont think we want them associate with RP because of the negative vibe that surrounds the organization.

specsaregood
10-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I agree with the JBS on most everything, however I dont think we want them associate with RP because of the negative vibe that surrounds the organization.

They know that also. I've never seen them mix their message with Ron Paul's message when out spreading the word. ie: they don't do recruiting while handing out Ron Paul stuff, unlike what some truther did early on in the campaign.

At the same time, I would be completely surprised if the JBS did not have a bump in new members as a result of Ron Paul's campaign. Simply because they were one of the first groups to post postive new articles about Ron Paul, and continue to do so.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
What does JBS believe in?

RonPaulGetsIt
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
JBS members have been waiting for Ron Paul or someone like him. We don't have to convert them. They've been eating appetizers waiting for the rest of the guest to arrive for years now.

RonPaulGetsIt
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
What does JBS believe in?

the constitution

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 06:15 PM
the constitution

then why hide their support?

TheIndependent
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
then why hide their support?

For the reasons I mentioned above... Diggers have a VERY bad view of the JBS, despite what any of us might think of them. (I'm young, but have met a few and they're really nice people, for instance.) Therefore, tying JBS to Paul on that site is going to do us no favors.

Think about the demographic before posting something someplace. Step back a second and think whether a submission will go over well or not. Tailor the message to the demographic so you can get them to relate.

RonPaulGetsIt
10-05-2007, 06:20 PM
The only thing i can figure is because they were sucessfully smeared years back and don't want to be a detriment to the campaign.

TheIndependent
10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
BTW, this isn't to say you shouldn't promote it _anywhere_... Find JBS-sympathetic sites out there on the net and promote 'em there. Seriously.

M.Bellmore
10-05-2007, 06:35 PM
They already are, trust me. I am not a member, but have met quite a few via Ron Paul events. They are top-notch Ron Paul supporters, some of the BEST on-the-streets advocates for Ron Paul. There is no need to go after them to get them involved at all, they are most likely already in your meetup groups and you may not even know it. The JBS has a long history of grassroots activities and are very skilled at this sort of stuff.

I was thinking more of the networking those guys at the top have. What if we asked, "Can you help support flying a plane over the UofM / Ohio State game" and suddenly the Goodyear blimp with RP's message is flying around. Ya know, simple stuff like that :D

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 06:36 PM
JBS were McCarthyists?

TheIndependent
10-05-2007, 06:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

max
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I think they are sympathetic, but not out right supporting him yet? I could be wrong.

Birch society doesnt directly endorse due to tax status i think...

but believe me...they are 100% on board......

back in the 60's the JBS was huge....they were destroyed by a media smear campaign...now a shell of what they once were

If Interent had been around during JBS days, they could have become a major force

max
10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
JBS were McCarthyists?

Joe McCarthy was one of greatest and most honest Americans in history....

dont believe the medi/history book nonsense about him

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Birch society doesnt directly endorse due to tax status i think...

but believe me...they are 100% on board......

back in the 60's the JBS was huge....they were destroyed by a media smear campaign...now a shell of what they once were

If Interent had been around during JBS days, they could have become a major force

seems like everything that supports Ron Paul was once big

max
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM

the media will soon give RP a "negative vibe" too......should we "not associate" with RP when that happens?

Think about it...

If u play by the rules established by your enemy..you lose everytime..if we "disacciate" with pro RP folks who have "negative vibe"...then we have to exclude the following:

Birch Society
9/11 truth
Muslims / Arabs
Anti IRS activists
Pro-lifers
Gold Standard activists
America Fredom to facism distributors..
Pot smokers
Gamblers

see my point

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 07:07 PM

I wasn't. Although, I don't much favor witch hunts :) that's very anti-libertarian

max
10-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I wasn't. Although, I don't much favor witch hunts :) that's very anti-libertarian

They werent witch hunts. Recently opened Russian archives confirm that there was a high level penetration of US government by Soviet agents.

Of course, Mccarthy's real targets werent just the high level communists...but the elites who deliberately protected them for their own purposes (ie expanding internal socilaism and propping up the external communist enemy .

ChooseLiberty
10-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Maybe libertarians should infiltrate zionist societies and branches MSM and eventually destroy them from within. Just fake it for a couple of decades until you're head mf'r in charge them take them down.

;)

Why not?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 07:20 PM
They werent witch hunts. Recently opened Russian archives confirm that there was a high level penetration of US government by Soviet agents.

Of course, Mccarthy's real targets werent just the high level communists...but the elites who deliberately protected them for their own purposes (ie expanding internal socilaism and propping up the external communist enemy .

Alright. I wonder what his politics were like

max
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Alright. I wonder what his politics were like

small government conservative...from the Taft wing...

max
10-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Maybe libertarians should infiltrate zionist societies and branches MSM and eventually destroy them from within. Just fake it for a couple of decades until you're head mf'r in charge them take them down.

;)

Why not?

lol

good idea. I'll send my resume to the NY Times tomorrow

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 07:33 PM
small government conservative...from the Taft wing...

What did he think about the Korean War?

Syren123
10-05-2007, 08:16 PM
The John Birch Society is a conservative American exceptionalist organization.[citation needed] It was founded in 1958 to fight what it saw as growing threats to the Constitution of the United States, especially a suspected Communist infiltration of the United States government, and to support free enterprise. It promotes a conspiracist view of history and current reality, linking political and social events to the globalist agendas of secret cabals working behind the scenes. The Society had been greatly marginalized within the conservative movement since the 1960s.[1]

It was named after John Birch, a United States military intelligence officer and Baptist missionary in World War II who was killed in 1945 by armed supporters of the Communist Party of China, and whom the JBS describes as "the first American victim of the Cold War." His parents joined the society as life members.

Based in Appleton, Wisconsin, the society describes itself as "a membership-based organization dedicated to restoring and preserving freedom under the United States Constitution." It says that members come from all walks of life and are active in all 50 states via local chapters. Its mission is to achieve "Less Government, More Responsibility, and — With God's Help — a Better World." The JBS was formed as an educational organization and does not endorse candidates but has often come out against political figures seen as un-American.

See the rest at Wikipedia:

Syren123
10-05-2007, 08:18 PM
JBS were McCarthyists?

They were accused of being that way, but the JBS was established in 1958 - after McCarthy. It was their anti-commie tactics that got everyone's knickers in a twist, and the timing was bad for them: the 60s counterculture and civil rights time.

RonPaulGetsIt
10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
The John Birch Society was before most of our times. As far as I can tell from reading Edward Griffen and others it was pro constitutution and liberty. At the time it was concerned with the all government threat of communism. The JBS was successfully smeared and its leader Rep. MacDonald killed. It still exists today but as a shadow of its former self. The Ron Paul Revolution today deals with the cousin of communism which is fascism. The enemy will try the same tactic - they will try to smear us as they did with the JBS years ago. The difference is these past 6-10 years or so is they are really counting on us being helpless sheep among wolves afraid to speak our minds. The assaults on our liberties are glaringly obvious for all to see. We have to give this campaign all we have as it may well be our last shot of living freely in the country we know as the USA.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Let's put it this way folks. Ron Paul always earns a 100% rating due to his voting record, on their newly-named Freedom Index.
http://www.jbs.org/files/fi-110-1.pdf

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
They were accused of being that way, but the JBS was established in 1958 - after McCarthy. It was their anti-commie tactics that got everyone's knickers in a twist, and the timing was bad for them: the 60s counterculture and civil rights time.

They threatened the power structure and were getting very influential. They were smeared and brought down.

Matt Collins
10-05-2007, 09:05 PM
See the rest at Wikipedia:

Let's NOT rely on WikiPedia to form opinions, shall we?

nexalacer
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM

If you actually read the sources on wikipedia, it is a perfectly valid source as far as giving you the basics. Of course, if you're really interested, do more research, but it's fine for just a passing fancy.

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
dugg

johngr
10-06-2007, 02:56 AM

Mccarthy was a Communist.

TheIndependent
10-06-2007, 03:00 AM

I originally wasn't going to whip this out, but I'm originally from less than 20mi south of their founding HQ. I'm pretty familiar with them.

Wikipedia just happens to assist without having to type out a crapload of information.

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Mccarthy was a Communist.

And you're basing this on what, exactly?

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 06:42 AM
the media will soon give RP a "negative vibe" too......should we "not associate" with RP when that happens?

Think about it...

If u play by the rules established by your enemy..you lose everytime..if we "disacciate" with pro RP folks who have "negative vibe"...then we have to exclude the following:

Birch Society
9/11 truth
Muslims / Arabs
Anti IRS activists
Pro-lifers
Gold Standard activists
America Fredom to facism distributors..
Pot smokers
Gamblers

see my point

Max, to me there is a big difference between denouncing a group, which I will not do and announcing far and wide that they support Ron Paul. Maybe I'm not understanding why you think we should be doing that. This campaign is not about the JBS, or any particular group. It's about reinstating the Constitution and individual liberty for EVERYONE.

ConstitutionGal
10-06-2007, 07:01 AM
They threatened the power structure and were getting very influential. They were smeared and brought down.
Absolutely!! History has proven that they were right but, information was not as easy to come by back in the 60s as it is now so many people relied on the MSM instead of listening to the JBS which were the Paul Reveres of their day. With that being said, they still have a VERY large pressence all across the country. You can't hardly go to a gun-show without seeing a JBS booth set up and their magazine has a VERY large subscription base. The local JBS Chapters around Nashville are being VERY supportive of Dr. Paul and are participating in most every Ron Paul event they can get to. They are VERY organized and are doing everything they can to support Dr. Paul without officially endorsing him.

constituent
10-06-2007, 07:33 AM
At the same time, I would be completely surprised if the JBS did not have a bump in new members as a result of Ron Paul's campaign. Simply because they were one of the first groups to post postive new articles about Ron Paul, and continue to do so.

You're Right! I'm putting the bells and whistles on a writing project i've been workin on for about 8 years. Once that is finished i have every intention of getting in touch with the JBS around here. I had never heard of their organization, but after being set in the right direction, by other forum members i might add, including reading their magazine, I'm very glad to know that they are "on our side."

Also, I found information on their "grassroots activities" which seems to align perfectly with the strategies I'd been trying to develop for taking this campaign to the next level. In that sense, I feel time is of the essence...

Anyway, if you support Ron Paul, the John Birch Society is more than worthy of a second-as objective as possible-look.

Patrick Henry
10-06-2007, 07:50 AM
This is a very good article and spot on.

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I've subscribed to their magazine, The New American, for years and I highly recommend it.

constituent
10-06-2007, 08:08 AM
^I read the latest version online (http://thenewamerican.com/) and it was great! A+ work
throughout.