PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Transit Cop Murders Civilian: Shot in the back while detained on the ground..

Reason
01-29-2010, 01:10 AM
New Info = 1.5 Million settlement, they also say that there are murder charges pending.

YouTube - BART 1.5 Million Dollar Settelment For Brutal Murder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2x4KPgXjRU)

Baptist
01-29-2010, 01:47 AM
New Info = 1.5 Million settlement, they also say that there are murder charges pending.

YouTube - BART 1.5 Million Dollar Settelment For Brutal Murder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2x4KPgXjRU)

Thank God his family got some money out of the deal. I hope that justice is served and that he's found guilty of murder, too.

Heh, the end of that video proves my point. IS THERE ONE VIDEO OUT THERE OF A COP STOPPING ANOTHER COP FROM ABUSING US? No. NOT ONE. They ALWAYS just stand there and watch (or help). They NEVER stop a fellow officer in the act. NEVER. Where are the "good" cops? A good cop would taser that officer or slam him face down on the ground and handcuff him.

coyote_sprit
01-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Thank God his family got some money out of the deal. I hope that justice is served and that he's found guilty of murder, too.

Heh, the end of that video proves my point. IS THERE ONE VIDEO OUT THERE OF A COP STOPPING ANOTHER COP FROM ABUSING US? No. NOT ONE. They ALWAYS just stand there and watch (or help). They NEVER stop a fellow officer in the act. NEVER. Where are the "good" cops? A good cop would taser that officer or slam him face down on the ground and handcuff him.

I read an article once and if I remember correctly some guy was struggling too much while being tazed, and another cop missed his tazer shot because of it and hit the other cop that was tazing. The guy who got tazed was charged with assault I believe.

purplechoe
01-29-2010, 01:53 AM
pigs... :mad:

Anti Federalist
01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
If that cop hadn't run for the hills right after the murder, I'd wager the blue line would have closed in around him and he'd be a free man today on "paid leave".

Good to see some justice being done.

Only cost the taxpayers 1.5 million.

That should have come out of the cop's personal assets, not the city's.

That's how it would work if it just one of us mere mundanes.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Gosh, if only these officers wouldn't make so many 'mistakes'.:rolleyes: Thank God for video cameras.:(

steve005
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM

good question

Bruno
01-29-2010, 12:01 PM

I remember a video posted here last year where the officers ended a car chase, and about 7 or 8 of them ran up and took turns beating on the guy. After two or three got their punches in, they would slowly walk away and let the others get theirs in, too.

It had all the appearances of being a common practice.

TheState
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I've seen a lot of police brutality videos where it is referred to as a "mistake", but to me, this is the first one that appears to actually be a mistake. Why would a cop shout a guy in the back, on the ground, in front of hundreds of people?

I don't buy the argument that he thought it was his taser, probably more like he accidently hit the trigger or something. Definitely still not excusable, but it just doesn't look premeditated to me. They all seemed surprised.