PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to TELL THE TRUTH?

MsDoodahs
01-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I am curious as to WHY it is going to be TOMORROW before CFL makes a statement about their (in my opinion) boneheaded decision to back a pro-war candidate with $350,000 dollars.

If you are involved in a controversy - the easiest way to resolve it is to

TELL THE TRUTH.

What I do NOT understand is why CFL is delaying their response to the indignation, and righteous anger among the grassroots until TOMORROW.

Telling the truth could have ALREADY been done.

Figuring out how to lie and do "damage control" to cover the right asses ... THAT takes a day or two.

:mad:

IPSecure
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Waiting for a lecture from Dr. Paul?

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
How does this thread go with the mission statement of the board?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-28-2010, 01:29 PM
MsDoodahs, please lock your own thread. This isn't helping. Everyone here gets it I think. But now all we can do is wait for their response. They've already made it clear that they will not respond to us until later. Making new threads of a seriously pissed off nature are kerosene on the fire. Civil discussion is in order, but name calling and overly formatted text are not beneficial.

MsDoodahs
01-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Nope.

I'm outraged and I will NOT sit down and shut up.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Nope.

I'm outraged and I will NOT sit down and shut up.

You're pissed, we all are. Do you have to be pissed here?

dannno
01-28-2010, 01:33 PM
How does this thread go with the mission statement of the board?

Because our money was stolen to promote murder overseas? We were told that the money would go to liberty candidates?

I'm trying to give C4L the benefit of the doubt here, giving them time to formulate their response.. but the longer they take the more distrustful people will be of the response.

MsDoodahs
01-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Because our money was stolen to promote murder overseas?

Exactly.

LittleLightShining
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Because our money was stolen to promote murder overseas?

Amen, dannno, amen.

They NEED to know that the grassroots-- THEIR BREAD AND BUTTER, the people on the ground who do all the heavy lifting and grunt work for FREE-- is PISSED. They NEED to understand how vile this is.

MsDoodahs
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
You're pissed, we all are. Do you have to be pissed here?

You want me to go start talking about this shit at other forums?

Really?

I am a member of several others, so if you really think that's a good idea...though to me, here is the ONLY place to be pissed about this.

I would think that talking about it other places just spreads it further...

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
You want me to go start talking about this shit at other forums?

Really?

I am a member of several others, so if you really think that's a good idea...though to me, here is the ONLY place to be pissed about this.

I would think that talking about it other places just spreads it further...

How about not spreading it at all? Do you have to be online? It isn't necessary to express anger immediately. In fact, it's best not to. Especially, when that anger can come right back at you. The best thing to do now is to chill and wait just a bit.

What do you plan to accomplish with this thread?

ctiger2
01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
There's some excellent liberty candidates right now. Kokesh, Harris, Dennis, Medina, Paul, Schiff could've really used this money. Very disappointing.

LittleLightShining
01-28-2010, 01:43 PM
There's some excellent liberty candidates right now. Kokesh, Harris, Dennis, Medina, Paul, Schiff could've really used this money. Very disappointing.

Don't forget Gunny.

rancher89
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
:)

Aratus
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
gunny, yes! thanx LLS!

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 01:52 PM
I just want to keep my posts relevant

http://southernfemalelawyer.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/glenn-beck-goes-crazy-in-radio-show-pin-head-funny-comedy.jpg

MsDoodahs
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
What do I want to accomplish?

I WANT CFL TO REALIZE THE ERROR OF LETTING THIS SIT FOR TWO DAYS.

purplechoe
01-28-2010, 03:11 PM
I just want to keep my posts relevant

http://southernfemalelawyer.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/glenn-beck-goes-crazy-in-radio-show-pin-head-funny-comedy.jpg

wanting to be relevant doesn't mean that you are...

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Why nothing from C4L yet?

I have a theory:

Anything they say short of a complete denial ("we didn't spend that money, it was someone else") would get completely ripped apart. If they say something premature that turns out to be wrong, then things get even worse. If they say they are getting to the bottom of it, that will get ripped apart too (they will get accused of stalling, lying, being unorganized, covering up, etc).

Assuming there is some truth to money being spent on that candidate, they will wait until end of day Friday to make a statement, and then take the weekend off. It will allow it to cool down a little before the announcement, and make them unavailable for two days after the announcement (letting things simmer down again).

Just my wild theory...

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 03:51 PM
wanting to be relevant doesn't mean that you are...

Never claimed to be.

pacelli
01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
What I do NOT understand is why CFL is delaying their response to the indignation, and righteous anger among the grassroots until TOMORROW.

My conjecture is that they want to wait until this week's worth of robo-calls are finished.

Squeeze out every dollar. It is a recession, after all.

libertarian4321
01-28-2010, 05:24 PM

I have a theory:

Anything they say short of a complete denial ("we didn't spend that money, it was someone else") would get completely ripped apart. If they say something premature that turns out to be wrong, then things get even worse. If they say they are getting to the bottom of it, that will get ripped apart too (they will get accused of stalling, lying, being unorganized, covering up, etc).

Assuming there is some truth to money being spent on that candidate, they will wait until end of day Friday to make a statement, and then take the weekend off. It will allow it to cool down a little before the announcement, and make them unavailable for two days after the announcement (letting things simmer down again).

Just my wild theory...

You are probably right. It's pretty standard for political operatives to release bad news at about 4:55 PM on a Friday because people aren't paying attention over the weekend and it gives the bad news time to blow over.

I'm expecting something lame like "it wasn't really an endorsement, and the guy is conservative on most issues, and his opponent is even worse, so it was a justified expenditure."

Alawn
01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
From what I heard it was funded by an earmarked donation by some group in Colorado not by regular donations. And he scored really high on their candidate survey.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 08:40 PM

I have a theory:

Just my wild theory...

I'm starting to lean to the "The locals in Colorado paid for the ad and we just produced it" theory. They may have even give the locals input on the production since they were paying for it. I hope they don't do some "right before the weekend" announcement that just ticks everybody off. Ron and Rand have a big day on Saturday. It needs to go well.

LittleLightShining
01-29-2010, 05:43 AM
It doesn't matter if the money was earmarked for this guy or not. The ad for all intents and purposes was an endorsement.

And I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a statement somewhere on here from Gary Howard that said that they would be doing ads like this for other people who take the survey in the future.

constituent
01-29-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm starting to lean to the "The locals in Colorado paid for the ad and we just produced it" theory. They may have even give the locals input on the production since they were paying for it. I hope they don't do some "right before the weekend" announcement that just ticks everybody off. Ron and Rand have a big day on Saturday. It needs to go well.

Cool, so if you're a neo-con who needs the liberty vote to get elected, you just get a local group together, fork over some dough, and get the CFL seal of approval/commercial?

Easy enough.

Who do we call? I'd like to see a Debra Medina CFL commercial in TX myself, she's not even a neo-con...

And I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a statement somewhere on here from Gary Howard that said that they would be doing ads like this for other people who take the survey in the future.

"Fair enough" or "word of warning," I'm not sure which.

purplechoe
01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_A0F9qTwBOq4/SDhy0rGNnqI/AAAAAAAAAew/ZG3b-z3I-2E/s400/jacktruth.jpg

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

YouTube - Flashback: Treasonous Clinton puppet tells us "There is no Freedom" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM0c8MfsxBU)

:)

MsDoodahs
01-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Telling the truth doesn't require this long.

TELL THE TRUTH TATE.