PDA

View Full Version : Hell since everyones online today let's get in the chat and have a mini bomb

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 12:13 PM
For any of the candidates...

MelissaWV
01-28-2010, 12:14 PM
For any of the candidates...

It assumes anyone has money left :) I bet they wished they still did, having donated a certain amount to CFL, though!

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
It assumes anyone has money left :) I bet they wished they still did, having donated a certain amount to CFL, though!

Ok then I will start out really really small. Who will match my one dollar?

MelissaWV
01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Hmmm I should be clearer: I'm not belittling your efforts. I'm at work at the moment, so joining chat and donating are not options.

I applaud the fact you're at least trying to find positive in this feeding frenzy. My prediction is it will only lead to both sides feeling hurt, and neither side being 100% in the right.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Hmmm I should be clearer: I'm not belittling your efforts. I'm at work at the moment, so joining chat and donating are not options.

I applaud the fact you're at least trying to find positive in this feeding frenzy. My prediction is it will only lead to both sides feeling hurt, and neither side being 100% in the right.

Its surely one of those borked scenarios where it is what people make of it.

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah Ive tried this here before, no one really cares anymore. All they want to do is take their anger out on people. I agree, its a fun time taking anger out on people on the internet.

Danke
01-28-2010, 12:39 PM
You sent a payment of $17.76 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley

Transaction ID: 3DC36033GR869831M

Merchant Contact Information
Committee to Elect Glen Bradley
treasurer@glenbradley.net

http://glenbradley.net/node/17

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
$5.00 to Glen

#7LA04652DJ818561Y

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Beat my thread $535

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=227417

Goal was $1,000 we didnt make it. Sad really.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Only 512.24 to go to beat that thread! hehe

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2010, 01:02 PM

$5.00 to Glen

#7LA04652DJ818561Y

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/images/applause.gif

rancher89
01-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I sent Gunny $100 two weeks ago. Not sure when I can again.

Unemployed plus Idiotic lawsuit against us is back and it's going to cost us $8K we really don't have up front, course we'll counter, but lawyer's need up front $$....sigh

Please support Gunny. It's not as sexy as running for Gov or Senate, but may help NC from becoming a total backwater for freedom.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Dude, y'all RULE! :D

disorderlyvision
01-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Only 512.24 to go to beat that thread! hehe

Transaction ID: 8G332798F22852403 You sent a payment of $2.24 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley

Now $510.00

Sorry it wasn't more Gunny, My paypal funds are low, and I already committed some to the upcoming Kokesh bomb

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Now $510.00

Sorry it wasn't more Gunny, My paypal funds are low, and I already committed some to the upcoming Kokesh bomb

Hey, not only does every bit count, but in the places where it really matters the little bits count just as much as the big bits.

There is a Chinese phrase which has come to be very well known in the world, it's "Gung Ho." It was picked up by a Marine at some point around 1930, and ended up spreading around the entire Corps and spilling out into the rest of the US landscape.

I believe that the literal translation is something like "working in harmony together" and it evokes the proverb "many hands make light work."

Each and every flyer, slimjim, bumper sticker or venue that gets funded during the campaign, is funded in part by your donation. Thank you!

RyanRSheets
01-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Gogo unplanned million dollar day!

MelissaWV
01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Donation for: Committee to Elect Glen Bradley for NC House 49 1 $50.00 USD

I was going to wait, but I didn't. I'm awful that way.

(Tell anyone where I live [even the state], and I'll haunt you from beyond the grave!)

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 03:25 PM
that brings it down to only $460 to beat ItsTime's gloating thread while playing the anti-Ron Paul card today. Still time left in the day to hit at least such a small number even among all of us ordinary struggling folk.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 03:25 PM

(Tell anyone where I live [even the state], and I'll haunt you from beyond the grave!)

LOL! I've always assumed it was West Virginia ;) (I don't see the data until my Treasurer forwards it to me in any case, which won't be until around 6PM tonight)

Thank you Melissa, I really believe that this will have far reaching impact well beyond the borders of NC. There are many many reasons for that, not the least of which is redistricting.

One of our buggest enemies in all of Congress is Mel Watt. We have been through this here where we desperately want to oust Watt but can't, because his district is so heavily gerrymandered that he is invulnerable to electoral pressure. The State House draws the district lines in 2010, including Mel Watt's District 12 (perhaps the heaviest bankster district in the US), and if we can manage a swing vote in the State House, we have a chance at actually redrawing his District fairly, therefore making him vulnerable for the first time to ousting in 2012.

This, I believe, is a critical battle in the war against the Federal Reserve. Mel Watt has to go, and in order for him to go, we must un-gerrymander his District, and in order to un-gerrymander his District, we need a presence int he State House.

Plus, we stand a very good chance of gaining two US House seats after the Census, and those two new districts will either be drawn fairly, or gerrymandered. The more fairly they are drawn, the better it is for us.

This is why it is critical, not only for NC but for the whole nation, to get our people into the NC State House (and assemblies throughout the US) in 2010.

purplechoe
01-28-2010, 03:30 PM

Just sent Gunny $50 as well...

rancher89
01-28-2010, 03:32 PM
go go go go gunny mini million dollar money bomb! WOOT!!!!

JoshLowry
01-28-2010, 03:37 PM
$25 to Kokesh :)

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 03:42 PM
At this rate you will beat my thread good job :D

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
that brings it down to only $460 to beat ItsTime's gloating thread while playing the anti-Ron Paul card today. Still time left in the day to hit at least such a small number even among all of us ordinary struggling folk.

Gloating thread? I was trying to inspire competition :cool:

rancher89
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM
It's all good dudes,

"money for candidates, chicks for free!"

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Gloating thread? I was trying to inspire competition :cool:

Now only at least $385 to go to crush your thread.

P.S. What was your transaction id, I missed it among your several posts in this thread :)

newbitech
01-28-2010, 03:56 PM
there ya go Big Gun Gunny
Receipt ID: 2093-0756-9535-6051
You sent a payment of $50.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley.

disorderlyvision
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
not bad for an impromptu grenade. keep it up

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Just sent Gunny $50 as well...

Thanks purplechoe!

You have been, and remain, one of the posters I could truly count on for good information to pass on to the people who follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

Nothing brings out the true spirit of a person like calamity, whether it be our calamity here and now over the angst in the other thread bringing out the generosity of the community, or the calamity that faces our nation today.

I still believe that even amongst the sleeping masses still unaware of all the terrible things being done to the Republic of Benjamin Franklin there exists the beating heart of American Liberty stirring from slumber.

We can see it in the Tea Party movement where so many of the ordinary participants think very much like we do, even when they are unaware of the neocons positioning themselves to try and lead them back into the desert.

This really is a movement that has far more reach than the community of us who voted for Ron Paul in 2008. By breaking the grip of special interest campaign financing, we can break the grip of tyranny gripping the throat of America. The media, fortunately, is discrediting themselves quite effectively enough by their own efforts.

Admiral Yamamoto, after the bombing of Pearl Harbor (which, by the way, he was vehemently opposed to, but honor bound to follow orders in the system to which he was accustomed) reportedly said "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

This is the resolve which we must have if we are to prevail. There will be wonderful advances and terrible setbacks over the next 10 years, but we must not become complacent in victory, nor apathetic in defeat. We can, and we must press on, and if each and every one of us refuses to enter back into the cave of our quiet solitude, we can, and we will effect the change our nation so desperately needs.

phill4paul
01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Kinda holding out for the Valintines Pledge for Glen with some matches....But just can't resist today!

Matched!:)

Receipt No: 5427-3144-5699-4150

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Donation for: Committee to Elect Glen Bradley for NC House 49
$17.76 USD 1 $17.76 USD

purplechoe
01-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks purplechoe!

You have been, and remain, one of the posters I could truly count on for good information to pass on to the people who follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks you for the kind words... all the best to you and your campaign...

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 04:28 PM
txting w/ my treasurer right now. She's on her way home from work, and before long I'll have running totals on the day and for the entire campaign to date. Nobody dispells frustration like you guys! :D

disorderlyvision
01-28-2010, 05:12 PM
txting w/ my treasurer right now. She's on her way home from work, and before long I'll have running totals on the day and for the entire campaign to date. Nobody dispells frustration like you guys! :D

interested to hear....bump

disorderlyvision
01-28-2010, 05:13 PM
420 views :)

malkusm
01-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Here you go Glen - after you win, give it back to me via a donation when I start campaigning in 2012 ;)

Jan 28, 2010 15:19:55 PST | Transaction ID: 9EC55425DC981344B

Hello Matthew,

You sent a payment of $25.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley (treasurer@glenbradley.net)

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey gunny have you asked anyone to create you a ticker?

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey gunny have you asked anyone to create you a ticker?

Haha -- I've asked and asked until I turned blue, I finally gave up and hacked one together in Photoshop where I just delete a little bit of white by hand whenever the total bumps and export it to a GIF where I can publish to my site.

I'd give up my next 5 meals for a decent automated live ticker. :D As it stands, because I make the thing in Photoshop by hand with each iteration, it can never be updated at all until I talk to my Treasurer, which is usually about this time every weeknight.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Here you go Glen - after you win, give it back to me via a donation when I start campaigning in 2012 ;)

Count on it! I have to put that 20k/yr salary from the State House to some kind of use, and IMHO there is no better use than promoting liberty! I am confident that you will be a great asset to whichever body you get elected. :D

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
interested to hear....bump

Coming any minute now... Will be figures on the day, and total for campaign including gifts in kind.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
total today so far $272.16
total $$ donations $2097.19
Gift in Kind $265.25
TOTAL $ 2362.51

KCIndy
01-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd give up my next 5 meals for a decent automated live ticker. :D As it stands, because I make the thing in Photoshop by hand with each iteration, it can never be updated at all until I talk to my Treasurer, which is usually about this time every weeknight.

Wish I could help you with the ticker, Gunny, but I don't know squat about that sort of programming... :(

But I *can* kick in on the impromptu "money grenade" today!! :)

Jan 28, 2010 16:54:40 PST
Transaction ID: 75C872321L894031K
Hello Ken,

You sent a payment of $25.00 USD to Committee to Elect Glen Bradley (treasurer@glenbradley.net)

Who's keeping score? Where are we at??

:)

dr. hfn
01-28-2010, 07:06 PM
bump!

KCIndy
01-28-2010, 07:07 PM
bump!

HEY!! WATCH OUT!!!

This is a "money grenade" - bump it *gently* :DLOL:D

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Wish I could help you with the ticker, Gunny, but I don't know squat about that sort of programming... :(

But I *can* kick in on the impromptu "money grenade" today!! :)

Who's keeping score? Where are we at??

:)

Today: $297.16
Total Donations: $2,122.19
Giftf In Kind: $265.25
Total Receipts: $2,387.51

Hey KCIndy -- you do more than enough! I am inspired as it is that anybody would give, to give more than once just blows me away! :D

This truly is the best community in all the known worlds, you folks really are the true hope for America. When all the tea partiers are led astray, when all the liberals are led down the garden path and all the neocons succumb to their warmongering lustful natures, it will but this community left holding the torch -- and it has always been those who stand alone against a dark imposing world that create the true revolutions that change worlds and last forever.

Indeed, you give me hope, and the courage to press on.

It seems the NC House Republicans have taken some kind of keen interest in me, not only with the NC Firearms Freedom Act, but shortly after Skip Stam followed my Twitter, they made this big announcement they were going to introduce a North carolina Health Care Protection Act. Wonder where they got THAT idea from?? :D

I truly believe that the GOP leadership is now getting much of their material from our movement, and from ideas that I have distilled from all of you. When I saw the Act that Skip Stam was planning to introduce (still haven't seen the exact text, but the description sounds...well...familiar lol) I wasn't upset at having an idea "stolen" because I don't give a damn about the credit so much as I care about the Act itself being introduced and passed.

I'm not even elected yet and already we are having an impact!! :D

I can't WAIT to see how much of an impact we have once I'm seated!!

malkusm
01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Today: $297.16
Total Donations: $2,122.19
Giftf In Kind: $265.25
Total Receipts: $2,387.51

Get this man to $500 on the day. Do your part - you have 3 hours. Who thinks we can do it?? :cool:

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Today: $322.16
Total Donations: $2,147.19
Gifts In Kind: $265.25
Total Receipts: $2,412.51

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Today: $322.16
Total Donations: $2,147.19
Gifts In Kind: $265.25
Total Receipts: $2,412.51

Whatcha getting with the new monies? :D

Come on guys you have to beat my last thread of $535!!!

malkusm
01-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Come on guys you have to beat my last thread of $535 tonight!!!

Fixed! :D

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Haha -- I've asked and asked until I turned blue, I finally gave up and hacked one together in Photoshop where I just delete a little bit of white by hand whenever the total bumps and export it to a GIF where I can publish to my site.

I thought someone had one for free for liberty candidates. Maybe I was wrong!

Don't worry it looks fine. I just could have sworn there was a programmer giving out a ticker.

I have a few programmer friends that owe me something, let me ask them if there is something they can make where you have manually update. It wont be as slick as Rands but It might help you speed up the updates.

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Whatcha getting with the new monies? :D

Come on guys you have to beat my last thread of $535!!!

People in the county been screaming for bumper stickers -- they've been putting the regular stickers on their car and then replacing them with new ones when they weather off. I wanted to go with the slimjims FIRST and then maybe bumper stickers, but the outcry here is more intense than I expected, so I'll probably go with the bumper stickers right now, and then order the slimjims from the Feb 14th moneybomb.

Works out better that way anyway -- the stickers take longer to print and ship, and the larger day on the 14th, will put more money where it's more important -- on a larger quantity of slimjims. :D

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
People in the county been screaming for bumper stickers -- they've been putting the regular stickers on their car and then replacing them with new ones when they weather off. I wanted to go with the slimjims FIRST and then maybe bumper stickers, but the outcry here is more intense than I expected, so I'll probably go with the bumper stickers right now, and then order the slimjims from the Feb 14th moneybomb.

Works out better that way anyway -- the stickers take longer to print and ship, and the larger day on the 14th, will put more money where it's more important -- on a larger quantity of slimjims. :D

Good plan

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I thought someone had one for free for liberty candidates. Maybe I was wrong!

Don't worry it looks fine. I just could have sworn there was a programmer giving out a ticker.

I have a few programmer friends that owe me something, let me ask them if there is something they can make where you have manually update. It wont be as slick as Rands but It might help you speed up the updates.

I remembered hearing something like that too, but no idea what happened to it. And thanks! That would be extremely handy. I'll be up in the AM to do the photoshop correction of the existing thermometer, but even a manual updater that didn't require pixel manipulation would take ten minutes off of each iteration.

Thanks for all your help, now if I don't crash safely, I'll end up crashing on my keyboard, and that could be bad lol!

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Feb 28th: $342.16
Total Campaign: $2,167.19
Gifts: $265.25
Total Receipts: $2,432.51

rancher89
01-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Just pledged Gunny, let me know when you need phone calls made. I'm not very good at it, but I'll do it for you--at least I have unlimited calling! :D

PS the husband is gonna crap when he sees how much I pledged.. :eek: ..heck it's only FRN's and it's coming out of MY unemployement check.....LOLOL