PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin to Endorse Rand Paul for US Senate [Source is Disputed]

Liberty Star
01-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Not a Palin fan but this will be probably the first right thing she will be doing by supporting the right side for once if this blogger's claim is true, maybe there is hope for recovering "new school" Republicans:

http://www.louisvillemojo.com/blogs/Louisville_blogs/84435/Sarah_Palin_to_Endorse_Rand_Paul_for_US_Senate

EDIT: This is not confirmed yet from any other news source, read this blog claim with some grains of salt.

AuH20
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Grayson is officially toast.

Austin
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know about that blog post... seems fishy to me.

LibertyMage
01-28-2010, 12:02 PM
As much as I dislike Palin...awesome!

Chieftain1776
01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I think it's a misunderstanding by the source. If you listen to Rand's campaign manager he's parsing his words to the point where you really doubt that Palin is involved.

itshappening
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
this source is no good

Liberty Star
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't know about that blog post... seems fishy to me.

I don't know this blog either, just taking on face value and let's wait for confirmation.

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Time to phone/email/fax bomb Rand our principles will never stand for this! lmao

Austin
01-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Time to phone/email/fax bomb Rand our principles will never stand for this! lmao

>_>

Getting an endorsement and spending $350,000 on promoting a candidate that favors an extension of our overseas occupation are apples and oranges.

Liberty Star
01-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Don't hold grudges, Palin is not AIPAC. This is in her own self-interest too if this report is true.

dannno
01-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't count on it. During her interview with Beck she was making the pyramid symbol upside down with her thumbs and forefingers.

ItsTime
01-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Don't hold grudges, Palin is not AIPAC. This is in her own self-interest too if this report is true.

I was kidding ;)

Chester Copperpot
01-28-2010, 12:20 PM
if this is true shes sure to get an angry phonecall from Kissinger

itshappening
01-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Palin is Kristol-owned which means the suggestion she would endorse Rand is wide of the mark

AlterEgo
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't count on it. During her interview with Beck she was making the pyramid symbol upside down with her thumbs and forefingers.

tube it or it didnt happen

reduen
01-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Rand should not take the endorsement if it were to be offered... Sarah Palin is dirty laundry and the sooner everyone figures this out the better..

Talk about divide and conquer..., this type of thing would do it for sure!!!!

reduen
01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah don't hold grudges... We need to let Flip Romney, Gooliani, the Huckster, McFlame, etc... on our side also... I am sure that they are very sorry now or misunderstood... lol :rolleyes:

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Grayson is officially toast.

Grayson was already toast. Rand doesn't need the endorsement. He'd be a fool not to take it if it's indeed offered, but Palin actually wants to be helpful she could endorse Medina.

akforme
01-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Rand should not take the endorsement if it were to be offered... Sarah Palin is dirty laundry and the sooner everyone figures this out the better..

Talk about divide and conquer..., this type of thing would do it for sure!!!!

Well this is politics and Sarah isn't for right or wrong, she's for Sarah, so I fear what Rand had to agree to support to get her support. He did solicit it.

I'm from AK, she's a shill. She played this same "I'm against the establishment" bs here only to sell out to them as soon as they offered her more power.

AuH20
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Grayson was already toast. Rand doesn't need the endorsement. He'd be a fool not to take it if it's indeed offered, but Palin actually wants to be helpful she could endorse Medina.

This would be the final nail in Grayson's campaign. Any palin endorsement would result in a 5-10% bounce. He's already too far behind.

Aratus
01-28-2010, 03:21 PM
if rand gets her endorsement, then trey folds his cards...?
any debate would be with perhaps bill johnson?

the newer lesser 3 g.o.p candidates are the
bottom tier in more ways than one?

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 03:21 PM
This would be the final nail in Grayson's campaign. Any palin endorsement would result in a 5-10% bounce. He's already too far behind.

Sure there's a short term gain and a long term downside. He doesn't need the endorsement. Medina does. That said I'll believe this when I see it.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Well this is politics and Sarah isn't for right or wrong, she's for Sarah, so I fear what Rand had to agree to support to get her support. He did solicit it.

I'm from AK, she's a shill. She played this same "I'm against the establishment" bs here only to sell out to them as soon as they offered her more power.

From what I recall Rand was asked if he would like the endorsement and he said yes. I find that different from "soliciting" an endorsement. Whether I actually wanted an endorsement from someone or not it would be stupid to say "No. I hope they don't endorse me" unless you're talking about someone like Don Black.

akforme
01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
From what I recall Rand was asked if he would like the endorsement and he said yes. I find that different from "soliciting" an endorsement. Whether I actually wanted an endorsement from someone or not it would be stupid to say "No. I hope they don't endorse me" unless you're talking about someone like Don Black.

What he said in an article I read was yes, he would like her endorsement and has hinted or made overtures towards her for it.

It was a quote from him. And I believe the campaign will confirm that.

I know I may be a bit too pure or un-wavering, and if Rand asked, I'd vote still vote for him, but I don't have to like it. I understand the game, I'm surprised as hell Ron's lasted as long as he has.

dr. hfn
01-28-2010, 04:00 PM
we dont want this fraud to endorse rand!

purplechoe
01-28-2010, 04:20 PM
we dont want this fraud to endorse rand!

Me neither, I stopped sending money to him when his foreign policy was a little "neocon-ish" and Palin was nail in the coffin. I even thought about going down to Kentucky and help out on the ground... but now, these's no way I could muster any kind of enthusiasm and campaign for him... :o ...and Peter.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I ain't getting my hopes up about this until I see something more than a rumor.

anaconda
01-28-2010, 04:29 PM
She's a Fox News "contributor" now. Hannity will likely bash heavily on Rand if he takes his father's position on non-interventionism.

Austin
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Me neither, I stopped sending money to him when his foreign policy was a little "neocon-ish" and Palin was nail in the coffin. I even thought about going down to Kentucky and help out on the ground... but now, these's no way I could muster any kind of enthusiasm and campaign for him... :o ...and Peter.

Specifically, what elements of Rand's foreign policy resemble that of a neoconservative? Is it the fact that he is against the PATRIOT Act, or is it the fact that he wants a declaration of war? Or, is it that he would fight for a declaration of war, and vote no on that declaration?

I'm confused.

The Patriot
01-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Good, this should put Rand over the edge in Kentucky. How anyone could view Rand Paul getting more votes as a bad thing is ridiculous. I may dislike Palin, but there are a lot of people who listen to her that may be undecided in Kentucky.

Flash
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Sure there's a short term gain and a long term downside. He doesn't need the endorsement. Medina does. That said I'll believe this when I see it.

I'm not so sure about that. Trey Grayson is an experienced politician and may have something planned. And in KY I'm not so sure a Palin endorsement would hurt in the general. This is a state that went for Mccain-Palin in 08.

The Patriot
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Specifically, what elements of Rand's foreign policy resemble that of a neoconservative? Is it the fact that he is against the PATRIOT Act, or is it the fact that he wants a declaration of war? Or, is it that he would fight for a declaration of war, and vote no on that declaration?

I'm confused.

It is the part where he said he opposed going into Iraq into the first place and wants to withdraw :rolleyes:

The Patriot
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on Foreign Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAL0JehpdmM&feature=related)

Flash
01-28-2010, 05:07 PM
It is the part where he said he opposed going into Iraq into the first place and wants to withdraw :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a thread on Mises.org that said Rand Paul would be a decent Senator but far from being the best. :rolleyes:

I don't know why so many people are obsessed all of a sudden with calling Liberty candidates Neo-Cons.

Rand Paul will be the Ron Paul of the Senate.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Trey Grayson is an experienced politician and may have something planned. And in KY I'm not so sure a Palin endorsement would hurt in the general. This is a state that went for Mccain-Palin in 08.

I'm not talking about the general election. If Rand wins the nomination (and right now I'm about 75% sure he will) he'll win the general. Then the question becomes what does he owe someone who endorsed him after he became the clear front runner? Think about 2012. There's a good chance that Palin runs. If Ron runs it's simple. He backs his dad. But say if Ron doesn't run and Johnson does? Does Rand ignore what some will spin as a "crucial endorsement" by Palin (even though it isn't)? Or does Rand back Palin over a candidate more in line with his principles? I'm thinking beyond this election at this point.

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm confused.

Probably Rand's position on Gitmo. Really Gitmo doesn't matter one way or another. It doesn't matter where someone is held, just how they are treated. That said, I didn't like Rand adopting the rhetoric he did on that issue. And KSM wasn't picked up on the battlefield anyway. (He was picked up in Pakistan).

jmdrake
01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on Foreign Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAL0JehpdmM&feature=related)

You're posting this to support the proposition that Rand it good on foreign policy right? Basically the only difference is a matter of emphasis. Ron voted for force in Afghanistan too. And Ron did mention "letters of marque and reprisal", which would have authorized direct attacks on Al Qaeda. (I'm sure you know that. Just reiterating the obvious). I often wished during the campaign Ron had elaborated on this more. I had to research to even know what that meant. (Not everyone knows the constitution like the back of his hand.)

Dianne
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I hope not... Palin is poison; anyone she endorses like the sorts of John McCain; I hope are history.

Palin is the kiss of death...

cpike
01-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Eh I wouldn't think much of it. Palin isn't smart enogh to realize she is endorsing polar opposites.

Liberty Star
01-28-2010, 11:40 PM

On second thought, you make a good point.

This thread based on a shaky blog blurb was probably not the best idea, I'm thinking of closing this thread.

anaconda
01-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Palin is Kristol-owned which means the suggestion she would endorse Rand is wide of the mark

Source?

cindy25
01-29-2010, 01:46 AM
amazing if it ever happens, but that would mean Palin going anti-war.