PDA

View Full Version : Audit the CFL!

AlterEgo
01-28-2010, 11:15 AM
In the spirit of open government we need a campaign to keep our own house clean and to be leading by example!

So allow me to introduce to you "AUDIT THE CFL"!!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228504

MRoCkEd
01-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Let's wait for John Tate's statement which is supposed to come either today or tomorrow. If this does not clarify everything, we should certainly push for answers and accountability.

LittleLightShining
01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
What I want to know is why can't I find the 990's for this group?

olehounddog
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Are they doing something illegal? Or are you here to divide?

Cowlesy
01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm becoming a wee bit suspicious of the volume of new-signups and immediate shotgun rounds at C4L.

I'm not happy with them myself right now, but let's find out what John Tate has to say.

LittleLightShining
01-28-2010, 11:30 AM

I'm here for the TRUTH.

sofia
01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
End the cfl!

MRoCkEd
01-28-2010, 11:34 AM
We need to make sure C4L stays on a Ron Paul Standard. We need sound principles. :p

Romulus
01-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm becoming a wee bit suspicious of the volume of new-signups and immediate shotgun rounds at C4L.

I'm not happy with them myself right now, but let's find out what John Tate has to say.

+1 for a wait and see "clarification" before jumping to conclusions...

Gray Seal
01-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I will not be active in Campaign for Liberty until they are transparent. All expenditures should be available online. I had been a county coordinator in the past. I have not been recommending the organization.

klamath
01-28-2010, 11:46 AM

I agree. I think CFL knows what our questions and concerns are by now and I think with the open policy to divide the tea party movement by the dnc, people exploiting this situation are a real possibility.

Cowlesy
01-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I agree. I think CFL knows what our questions and concerns are by now and I think with the open policy to divide the tea party movement by the dnc, people exploiting this situation are a real possibility.

Well they certainly know now, that is for sure. I don't bother recommending it on this board, because we all know that people with internet-rage do not want to hear anything other than the sound of keys on their keyboard screaming for reprieve, but I think cooler heads will prevail.

I, for one, am going to wait and see what John Tate's response is to the matter. Calmly evaluate that response, and determine my future level of support based on his explanation.

Austin
01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Generous donor earmarks $350,000 to Colorado for his candidate/buddy.
CFL takes the donation and spends it accordingly
CFL is now buddy-buddy with a big donor to help fund the philosophically sound efforts that they usually focus on.

In all likelihood, this is what happened.

How would you feel if CFL was given $1,000,000 with the stipulation that $350,000 of it had to be spent on the Buck fellow from CO?

sdczen
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
[LIST]
How would you feel if CFL was given $1,000,000 with the stipulation that $350,000 of it had to be spent on the Buck fellow from CO?

Like a whore....

Austin
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Like a whore....
Go on...?

TruthisTreason
01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I know I'm not the only one who was told multiple times that CFL doesn't "endorse" or "donate" money to candidates. They claimed to be bi-partisan.:p

Top-down..... thumbs down!

LittleLightShining
01-28-2010, 12:24 PM

How do you know that this plan to divide and conquer isn't something they've been doing for a long time?

steve005
01-28-2010, 12:57 PM

divide? how can wanting to know the truth trying to divide?

MRoCkEd
01-28-2010, 01:01 PM
CFL is now buddy-buddy with a big donor to help fund the philosophically sound efforts that they usually focus on.

I would feel very relieved and consider the situation resolved...

AlterEgo
01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
End the cfl!

no no no they just need to lead by example

Mini-Me
01-28-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't necessarily trust G. Edward Griffin entirely, but this certainly reminds me of what he said about how the establishment co-opts other organizations (one method at least): They offer financial support in exchange for having a say in how the money is spent.

brandon
01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't necessarily trust G. Edward Griffin entirely, but this certainly reminds me of what he said about how the establishment co-opts other organizations: They offer financial support in exchange for having a say in how the money is spent.
Yep. I think everyone here could benefit from watching "An Idea Whose Time Has Come" a couple times.

I'd be interested in hearing why you don't entirely trust Griffin.

Mini-Me
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Yep. I think everyone here could benefit from watching "An Idea Whose Time Has Come" a couple times.

I'd be interested in hearing why you don't entirely trust Griffin.

Well, for starters, I don't entirely trust anyone. ;) I'm a lot more comfortable trusting principles than people, organizations, or purported historical facts.

I don't actually have any concrete reasons to mistrust Griffin, but I just know that some of the most paranoid among us (like InterestedParticipant, etc.) are always pushing the meme that G. Edward Griffin, Freedom Force International, and the JBS are all controlled opposition. Don't take too much stock in my disclaimer, since I really just added it on the off-chance they're right. Granted, the most paranoid among us are always pushing the idea that practically everyone is controlled opposition. ;) Still, there have been a lot of threads where people have gone back and forth on the JBS in particular, and the controversy seems to go too deep into disputed facts and historical accounts for me to even bother coming to my own conclusion. In the end, I just decided to remain relatively skeptical of all of the above - Griffin, Freedom Force International, the JBS, as well as the posters who go well out of their way to bash them - while still taking home the messages I found valuable.

UtahApocalypse
01-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Would not change the fact they they supported a neocon. I don't care if the god damn billionaire finally came through.

You would sell your soul for 1,000,000,?

purplechoe
01-28-2010, 03:12 PM
We need to make sure C4L stays on a Ron Paul Standard. We need sound principles. :p

You're the one to talk about principals? Don't make me laugh...

pacelli
01-28-2010, 03:20 PM

Likewise. Lots of new people who are very much 'one issue posters'. Red flags are up.

http://www.drfun.com/red_flag.gif