PDA

View Full Version : Educational Law for school assignment

BFranklin
01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm doing a short 4min presentation on an educational law, I wanted to see if anyone could tell me about some interesting ones. No Child Left Behind is already taken. I'm especially interested in laws that hinder students ability to be creative and think outside the box.

Thanks!

heavenlyboy34
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
johntaylorgatto.com has a lot of information that can help your brainstorming process. :) :cool:

TastyWheat
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know if this would qualify, but Pell Grants are an interesting subject. There's plenty of information available at the Cato Institute on its negative effect on the price of higher education.

psi2941
01-31-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't know if this would qualify, but Pell Grants are an interesting subject. There's plenty of information available at the Cato Institute on its negative effect on the price of higher education.

YouTube - Peter Schiff on why government intervention causes high college tuition prices (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwEbO_t30cg)
Our Fav Peter Schiff!

If you want to improve the schools, fire all the teachers and make them all private
YouTube - Stupid in America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw)

sratiug
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Not an education law, but a law that makes compulsory education illegal. Notice there is no age limit.

Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished. Ratified 12/6/1865. History

1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

romacox
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
1. I am a professional private and public school tutor, and I started a business in 1984 which my husband took over a few years ago. After learning my profession, and working in the field, I decided to get a degree in Interior Design Technology. It was a good thing that I had learned before attending college because what they taught me (professors and text books) was wrong If I had measured carpet, and window treatments as they recommended I would have lost money.

I assume this happens because many professors have never worked in the field they teach in, and perhaps that is also what has happened with the text books.

I know this happens in the medical field as well, and their education (text books and CEUs included) are managed by the pharmaceutical companies. This has resulted in doctors not knowing the causes of decease. They are only taught how to treat symptoms with medication. As a result many patients are finding they have to do their own research, and teach their doctors.

2. It might also be interesting to see how the educational system has managed to change the meaning of words, and history. Like how the U.S. was intended to be a Republic, but in my generation we were taught it was a Democratic Republic, and now the educated (like Obama) call us a Democracy...amazing