PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul lectures about the Fed's evils at Loyola University (Md.)

bobbyw24
01-28-2010, 05:28 AM
BALTIMORE, Md. – While President Obama was giving the State of the Union address to Congress Wednesday night, one Congressman was absent giving a speech of his own at Loyola University: Ron Paul (R-Tex.).

“We scheduled ours before the other guy scheduled his speech,” Paul remarked to a laughing audience. “So I had to cancel… but I don’t feel like I’ll be missing a whole lot.”

On the historic campus in McGuire Hall, Paul presented his case for ending the Federal Reserve Bank’s reign over finance. “We should get rid of the Fed,” Paul demanded.

Speaking for about an hour, Paul also discussed the proper role of government, foreign policy, and civil liberties. The main conference room that Paul spoke in was full so a video feed was broadcast to an overflow room allowing more students and fans to hear and see Paul’s message.

The crowd – both young and old – was overwhelmingly supportive of Paul. There wasn’t any heckling, no boos came from the crowd, and no erratic protesters interrupted the Congressman.

read on

http://www.examiner.com/x-3108-Baltimore-Republican-Examiner~y2010m1d28-Ron-Paul-lectures-about-the-Feds-evils-at-Loyola-University-Md

Brian in Maryland
01-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Thank you, nice article. It’s always encouraging to see that Dr. Paul is being well received at these events.

At least Dr. Paul had enough sense to not attend the state of the union address. Like a fool I started watching. I had to pick up my guitar and start practicing before I threw something at the TV. I was already yelling at it as it was. What a liar, great actor though to be able to do it with a straight face.