PDA

View Full Version : "Campaign For Liberty turning corporate? Just look at Texas." - DailyPaul

purplechoe
01-28-2010, 01:42 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/79182

Campaign For Liberty turning corporate? Just look at Texas. UPDATED.
Submitted by cinco on Wed, 01/14/2009 - 10:48
in

* Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Dallas, TX. On Saturday in north Texas, Paul supporters were delighted (eh hem) to find that the Texas Ron Paul "elite" have created a Campaign For Liberty corporation. That's right peeps. A 501c3. An exact mirror image of the top down power hold we have all along been fighting against. Just wanted to start a dialogue and see if this is happening elsewhere or is it just happening in the "COME AND TAKE IT" state. So far the ideas coming from these "leaders" include "laying low" and basically doing nothing between now and the next election cycle.

......yeah.......like.....you know.......heading out to local meetings and getting to know the republican party members and other government officials is not a good idea. As if......we learned absolutely NOTHING from our past political experiences!

Also - for nearly one year now - supporter contact information is being heavily guarded against other supporters who wish to separate themselves from this top down system. With this vital information, certain leadership is no longer needed.

Meaning - only a very few people in the organization have access to the information that was gathered by all of us during the 18 months of campaigning. Since knowledge is power (with the ability to do something with it, of course)........you all get the drift.........

UPDATE: Interesting bunch of comments from the best of the best. ;) Makes me think hard about who you people really are. As far as I know, it's a 501c3. And my point was that WE, RP supporters, could indeed be the sheeple as well....just in a slightly different way from how we have viewed others who could care less about what the FED is up to.

The thought, as some brilliant person said below, was for people to just "do" and therefore be a part of the grassroots effort. It is obviously very easy for certain "leaders" to sidetrack our efforts to remain FLAT - to keep from becoming a pyramid. Eventually - I see us taking orders only from above. And that is where many supporters evaporate. Then what do you have? The same sheit is what you have.

This post was asking YOU what YOU think of US becoming THAT which we OPPOSE. It DOES NOT require middle fingers or the like. But, of course, you are free (I think) to do as you please. I wonder who the armchair intellectuals are then........

Those who pose the questions? Or those who deny them their right to.

LittleLightShining
01-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Very interesting post if not a little disjointed and hard to follow.

The 501c4 designation ties our hands in some ways. It would behoove local or state groups to look at forming separate 501c3 and 527's, thereby having a multi-faceted impact.

Then again, we could just do nothing at all, not affiliate other than communicating with each other and chipping in on projects, etc, and keep the IRS completely out of grassroots activism.