PDA

View Full Version : Stossel, Boaz Commenting on State of the Union Address

TastyWheat
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
John Stossel and David Boaz are supposed to appear with Neil Cavuto on Fox Business to comment on Obama's state of the union address before and after. I'll probably miss it. Someone tivo it please.

Cato will also be live blogging the event.

(Cato @ Liberty) (http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/01/27/double-teaming-the-state-of-the-union/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Cato-at-liberty+%28Cato+at+Liberty%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Pauliana
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Huff Po has a drinking game but we can invent a better one...

Bruno
01-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Huff Po has a drinking game but we can invent a better one...

what is theirs?

MurrayMe
01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
what is theirs?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/26/state-of-the-union-drinki_n_436932.html

Bruno
01-27-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/26/state-of-the-union-drinki_n_436932.html

Thanks!

for those that don't want to give them the traffic:

NOTE: The Huffington Post in no way encourages binge drinking. This is the comedy section. If you actually drank as much as we suggested you would die, so do not do that.

Event Instructions
Obama says "let me be clear" Do one shot
Obama says "change isn't easy" Do one shot
Obama says "make no mistake" Do one shot
Obama says "Let me be clear, change isn't easy, make no mistake." He's screwing with you to get you drunk, so five shots
Joe Wilson yells something Do two shots
Obama yells back Finish the bottle
Obama says "jobs" Do one shot, two if you're unemployed
Obama says "health care" Do not drink, you will not be given a replacement liver
Nancy Pelosi claps like a seal Do one shot
Nancy Pelosi becomes a seal STOP DRINKING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Obama mentions Bo Put beer in your dog's water bowl
Michelle Obama wears a slinky dress Go immediately to the HuffPost Style page for close-ups
Joe Biden nods-off/laughs inappropriately/starts talking before the speech is over Do three shots
Obama uses the term "Congressional leadership" Do two shots carefully as all that laughing will make it difficult to swallow
Obama says he's "fighting for you" Do one shot, two if you believe him
Obama mentions Haiti Text “Haiti” to the number 90999 and donate $10 to the Red Cross

phill4paul
01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Could be the start of something good Bruno!

Event Instructions
Obama says "let me be clear" Pledge $1 to the Liberty candidate of your choice.
Obama says "change isn't easy" Pledge $1 to the Liberty candidate of your choice.
Obama says "make no mistake" Pledge $1 to the Liberty candidate of your choice.
Obama says "Let me be clear, change isn't easy, make no mistake." He's screwing with you to get you to believe the current system is working so....
Pledge $5 to the Liberty candidate of your choice.

etc. etc.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Bah, Boaz....Why couldn't Di'Lorenzo, Woods, or Lew be there to comment. Now that would be epic :p

Knightskye
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.drinkinggame.us/

Imperial
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Bah, Boaz....Why couldn't Di'Lorenzo, Woods, or Lew be there to comment. Now that would be epic :p

What's so wrong with Boaz? He is a good libertarian.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
What's so wrong with Boaz? He is a good libertarian.

Boaz is a fraud.

http://mises.org/article.aspx?Id=1325

This is the guy who praised and made excuses for the massive civil liberty violations after 9/11 saying:

"The increased support for the federal government makes sense. Finally, the government is focused on its main purpose: the protection of the lives and property of Americans. People who had lost confidence in the government's attempts to run the trains or the post office or to provide everything under the sun can only be pleased to see it concentrating on protecting individual rights."

He can piss off.

MurrayMe
01-27-2010, 06:34 PM

Event Instructions
Obama says "change isn't easy" Pledge $1 to the Liberty candidate of your choice.
Obama says "Let me be clear, change isn't easy, make no mistake." He's screwing with you to get you to believe the current system is working so....

etc. etc.

I like this idea. I wish I had more monies. lol

Slutter McGee
01-27-2010, 06:37 PM

Event Instructions

etc. etc.

Where is the drinking? That aint gonna work.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee