PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Credibility

andrewh817
01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
http://letlibertyring.blogspot.com/2010/01/ron-paul-caught-selling-out-liberty.html

I'm sure some of you have heard about the email Paul sent out about Lamar Smith..... not exactly an endorsement but it's stuff like this the mainstream media will jump on to take away RP's credibility.

ItsTime
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
You have it backwards, by Ron Paul sending out the email it makes him look more credible in their eyes so they wont say anything about it.

The media is bizarro world.

AJ Antimony
01-27-2010, 12:47 PM
This isn't really anything new and it makes sense.

In order to be recognized by the Republican caucus in Congress, Ron can't be independent in everything he does. If he was, they'd kick him out, he'd lose re-election, and we wouldn't see him in office again.

Endorsing someone like Alexander is part of the deal Ron has... Ron is free to vote however he wants on the ACTUALLY important stuff (bills), but if he wants to be a Republican member of Congress with committee assignments, then he has to do a few things...

1. Vote with the Republicans on all procedural issues
2. Endorse fellow Republicans
3. Do not endorse against Republican incumbents

This shouldn't surprise anybody... if you go to Congress and don't do ANYTHING to support your party, then you're going to be thrown out and have no chance of winning 11 terms.

Elwar
01-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Just think about it this way...Ron Paul is so powerful that he is being pressured to endorse people...

They understand now.

ARealConservative
01-27-2010, 01:18 PM
useless tools of the enemy is the best way to describe those people.

Vessol
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't think Ron Paul is bad for endorsing Lamar Smith or uncredible. However I don't understand the apologists who completely ignore it. He did something wrong and he should apologize for it IMO.

Elwar
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't think Ron Paul is bad for endorsing Lamar Smith or uncredible. However I don't understand the apologists who completely ignore it. He did something wrong and he should apologize for it IMO.

He's already explained his reasoning.

Vessol
01-27-2010, 02:48 PM
He's already explained his reasoning.

And I've heard it and disagree with it. I believe he should rescind his support of Lamar Smith and apologize.

Do I look at Ron Paul negatively after it? No. I still think he is still one of the best candidates for liberty out there. No man is perfect, especially not politicians.

I however will not become an apologetic like some and accept a reasoning just because he's Ron Paul and he's awesome. Politicians should be held up for what they do, all politicians, even Ron Paul.

torchbearer
01-27-2010, 02:49 PM
useless tools of the enemy is the best way to describe those people.

the useless tools of the enemy are those who vote for them.
these guys who come up with these conspiracies against liberty have a vested interest in the current corrupt system. they are the guilty party.
They are the Ba'athist of the USA.