PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Campaign Ad from Debra Medina!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-27-2010, 02:18 AM
YouTube - Debra Medina: One of us, representing We Texans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O0siOnoXuo)

It's nice to see our donations are being well spent :)

Jan 29, 2010 --> Last Texas GOP Gubernatorial Debate

Feb 2. 2010 --> LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE and MoneyBomb for Medina

March 2, 2010 --> Texas GOP Primary

LibertyEagle
01-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Nice. :)

rp08orbust
01-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Um... shouldn't it be "standing up for us Texans"?

rp08orbust
01-27-2010, 03:07 AM

Unless she means "wee Texans", as in the little guys.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-27-2010, 04:10 AM
"We Texans" is kinda like her campaign catch phrase. Sounds weird unless you're from here :)

Bern
01-27-2010, 06:33 AM
I suppose that sort of ad is necessary, but I'd rather see an ad to this effect:

Hi, I'm Debra Medina and I'm running for governor because I believe: Government should respect property rights - not try to steal land from Texans to build a road for non-Texans <jab at Perry & TTC> Government should respect liberty - not force teenage girls to get vaccinations <jab at Perry> Government should protect gun ownership - it's a cornerstone of our country's foundation <no jab, just a good campaign point here in Texas> Government should provide a level field for businesses - not bailouts that favor a few at the expense of many <jab at KBH> Government should secure our borders - we can't rely on the folks in DC to fix our problem. <I'm not sure what position/record either Perry/KBH have on this issue> etc.

Each point should take a shot (whether subtle or overt) at Perry or Hutchinson to give Medina some contrast and let folks know why they shold vote for her.

Also, I think mentioning that she was a GOP county chair for a number of years would be smart. She needs to win over the die hard GOPers in the State - the party over principle people who always vote in primaries. If she wins the GOP nomination, then she can play up the "I'm not a career politician" angle.

$.02

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-27-2010, 11:44 AM

That drives my wife bananas!

Bern
01-29-2010, 08:14 AM
I got an automated phone call last night from the Medina campaign urging me to watch the debate, visit http://www.medinafortexas.com/ and vote for her. I actually listened to the whole message instead of hanging up right away as I usually do for these sorts of things.