PDA

View Full Version : them SOBs...

payme_rick
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Anyone else listen to 700AM out of Houston today? Man, you talkin' about being pissed... I'm red, dude...

In the morning, Ed Hendy referred to the transcript of Debra Medina on a talk show out of Lubbock yesterday and how she answered the question (paraphrashing) "Will you go on the record saying you will back the republican candidate in November if you are not that candidate?" with (yet again, paraphrasing): "there may be other candidates on the ballot" (meaning no I cannot say I will)...

Ed Hendy went off on her (he's a hutch guy)... I forget his reasoning but it was lame...

Then this evening, state senator Dan Patrick (it's his radio station and he's a perry guy) ripped her for saying she would not vote Republican... he sees it as that she would do it to spite either R candidate... and if that wasn't the reason, he just flat out felt it would be wrong for her to do so, and that she shouldn't run as an R then not vote for an R... pretty much he said she needed to come back to the party in the event she wasn't the R candidate on the ballot...

I wasn't able to call during the morning because I was actually working at work today (bummer, eh?), but this evening I could... but I couldn't, I was so freakin' pissed I would have gotten dropped in 5 seconds after every other word was an f-bomb...

fact is, both of these jobs haven't said one positive about her, just a negative thing here and there when they do mention her...

these two clowns' heads are so far up the GOP's ass it probably has to move their noses out of the way to brush their teeth in the AM...

damn I had calmed down but now I'm hot again...

MsDoodahs
01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
My husband came thru the door after hearing that Dan guy go off on Deb. He says Dan is angry because Deb has PRINCIPLES. lol...

Bern
01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
The proper response to a question like that is something to the effect of: "I'm focused right now on getting my message out to the voters and campaigning for the job." PERIOD. REPEAT AS NECESSARY.

payme_rick
01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
The proper response to a question like that is something to the effect of: "I'm focused right now on getting my message out to the voters and campaigning for the job." PERIOD. REPEAT AS NECESSARY.

she actually answered a similar question before the question I mentioned was asked... she answered pretty much the same way you suggested... but she was asked again and then answer HONESTly....

Bern
01-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Well, that's unfortunate because, even if you give them the answer they want to hear, the question is designed to lead the audience to consider Medina as being a loser in the race. She needs to not concede that point and she needs to be firm (but polite) about it.

james1906
01-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Anyone else listen to 700AM out of Houston today? Man, you talkin' about being pissed... I'm red, dude...

In the morning, Ed Hendy referred to the transcript of Debra Medina on a talk show out of Lubbock yesterday and how she answered the question (paraphrashing) "Will you go on the record saying you will back the republican candidate in November if you are not that candidate?" with (yet again, paraphrasing): "there may be other candidates on the ballot" (meaning no I cannot say I will)...

Ed Hendy went off on her (he's a hutch guy)... I forget his reasoning but it was lame...

Then this evening, state senator Dan Patrick (it's his radio station and he's a perry guy) ripped her for saying she would not vote Republican... he sees it as that she would do it to spite either R candidate... and if that wasn't the reason, he just flat out felt it would be wrong for her to do so, and that she shouldn't run as an R then not vote for an R... pretty much he said she needed to come back to the party in the event she wasn't the R candidate on the ballot...

I wasn't able to call during the morning because I was actually working at work today (bummer, eh?), but this evening I could... but I couldn't, I was so freakin' pissed I would have gotten dropped in 5 seconds after every other word was an f-bomb...

fact is, both of these jobs haven't said one positive about her, just a negative thing here and there when they do mention her...

these two clowns' heads are so far up the GOP's ass it probably has to move their noses out of the way to brush their teeth in the AM...

damn I had calmed down but now I'm hot again...

I heard both of those tools on my commute yesterday. That Ed guy felt that Republicans are entitled to the endorsements of Republicans that lose in a primary.

I smiled because the last caller in the morning was a woman who essentially said that we have a candidate that doesn't just blindly follow party policy. She then screamed out a hallelujah.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-28-2010, 06:03 AM
This Patrick guy was apparently up at 3 AM in the morning sending out tweets about Debra Medina.

http://comeandtakeitblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/what-was-dan-patrick-doing-up-at-3-am/

I guess the growing possibility of a real conservative like Debra becoming governor keeps him up at night, hahaha.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-29-2010, 12:19 AM
This guy rips on Dan Patrick and says he is actually helping Debra:
http://bigjolly.com/sections/texas/242-debra-medina-gains-momentum-thanks-sen-dan-patrick.html (http://bigjolly.com/sections/texas/242-debra-medina-gains-momentum-thanks-sen-dan-patrick.html)

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Dan Patrick actually appeared on the Alex Jones radio show of all places about a year ago to discuss border security:

YouTube - Alex Jones - Senator Dan Patrick Pt8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJkf-AoaW7I)

YouTube - Alex Jones - Senator Dan Patrick Pt9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNU40sG21SE)

Dan Patrick is also Chuck Norris-approved, haha.
h ttp://www.danpatrick.org/ChuckNorrisEndorsement110205_30sec.mp3

I wonder when Chuck is going to come around and endorse Debra Medina. Maybe he's waiting to see how she does in the 2nd debate.

payme_rick
01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
just observing Patrick's record in the state senate, he's pretty damn good... just think he's worried about which letter is beside the gov's name...

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-29-2010, 12:54 AM
just observing Patrick's record in the state senate, he's pretty damn good... just think he's worried about which letter is beside the gov's name...

Apparently he used to support real conservatives in primaries instead of worrying about who would match up best against the democrats. From a comment someone left in the bigjolly.com post:

Dan has totally sold out. Just a few years ago, he said he'd back conservatives who had no chance to win against incumbent Rs, even if that meant Ds winning. Said it all the time! Blasted Perry all the time. Now he's supporting Perry against a proven conservative.

james1906
01-29-2010, 06:50 AM
This guy rips on Dan Patrick and says he is actually helping Debra:
http://bigjolly.com/sections/texas/242-debra-medina-gains-momentum-thanks-sen-dan-patrick.html (http://bigjolly.com/sections/texas/242-debra-medina-gains-momentum-thanks-sen-dan-patrick.html)

good read

payme_rick
01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
cooli-oolio

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-06-2010, 03:34 AM
A Medina supporter posted this on Debra's facebook page:

Debra will be on Dan Patrick's radio show on 700AM KSEV here in Houston on Thursday February 11, at 5:00pm. Please share this info...and pass on if you are in the Houston area...

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I wonder if Debra is still going to be on Dan Patrick's show tomorrow. I noticed her appearance on the show was on her events page earlier today, but its not there anymore. A bunch of people on her facebook page have been saying all week that she is scheduled to be on the show Thursday at 5:00. Hopefully it is still on so she can give this guy a good education like she did to Robert Pratt.

Imperial
02-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Dan Patrick has to be nice to Perry if he wants a shot at a cushy Senate appointment when Hutchison resigns.