PDA

View Full Version : Would it be hugely tacky

MsDoodahs
10-05-2007, 02:17 PM
to send Christmas card "inserts" to my family and friends that normally buy me a Christmas present...

the insert being a pre addressed envelope to the Paul Campaign along with the form they need to fill out to make the donation?

Or would that be bad?

NPursuit357
10-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, but since you brought it up, I think I'm going to do it, just to annoy my family. ;)

Zydeco
10-05-2007, 02:19 PM
to send Christmas card "inserts" to my family and friends that normally buy me a Christmas present...

the insert being a pre addressed envelope to the Paul Campaign along with the form they need to fill out to make the donation?

Or would that be bad?

do it, I am

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Or would that be bad?

Sounds like a great idea and if they didn't know already, they will surely know then that you are passionate about getting Dr. Paul nominated.

transistor
10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Kinda tacky

Johnnybags
10-05-2007, 02:25 PM
they call me every year and ask what I want, It will take them 5 seconds to get my gift, put the donation receipt in the card and then wonder why a guy who never sent a dime to any of these bums would?

RP08
10-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Pretty tacky, but you can get return address labels with Ron Paul on them :)

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I told my twin sister that instead of getting me a present for our Birthday, to donate to Ron Paul's campaign. She looked at me like I was insane.

RP08
10-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Or even have some envelope seal stickers made. Like THESE (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Paul-Sticker-Labels-Promotion-not-Bumper-sign-shirt_W0QQitemZ230178372932QQihZ013QQcategoryZ8250 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

MsDoodahs
10-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe someone could make a Ron Paul Christmas card...hmmm....

margomaps
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, tacky IMO. I've heard a lot of tacky suggestions for prosthelytizing. One of my least favorite is putting Ron Paul literature in kids' halloween bags. Tacky! If I found that in with my kid's halloween candy, it would totally turn me off to that candidate.

Zydeco
10-05-2007, 03:17 PM
I told my twin sister that instead of getting me a present for our Birthday, to donate to Ron Paul's campaign. She looked at me like I was insane.

sounds like she's the evil twin.

smtwngrl
10-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Maybe if you talk to them you could let them know that is what you want, to prepare them. And then follow it up by sending the insert.

Bradley in DC
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Tacky, yes, but it's a revolution damn it. I often get a "this was my year in review" letter in my Christmas cards. Perhaps incorporate it into that?

klamath
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
If they are Ron Paul supporters it would probably work, but if they are not you will end up with nothing and so will RP

Original_Intent
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Tacky, yes, but it's a revolution damn it. I often get a "this was my year in review" letter in my Christmas cards. Perhaps incorporate it into that?

I think that is a great idea. Don't be overbearing about it, but I see nothing wrong with saying you have been hugely involved this year and a brief mention of whatever you think might pique their interest.

I had to bold that word. It bugs me when people spell it "peek" or "peak". ;)

Bob Cochran
10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Christmas 2007 is a bit late to be telling your family about Ron Paul.

Brock Landers
10-05-2007, 03:43 PM
At what donation amount is your donation public knowledge?

Anything greater than zero, or is it >$200, or what?

I know a few people who want to donate but don't want to show up on a list.....some family members fall on that list. If I can tell them, "Just donate less than 200 bucks and it will be private" then they will be more likely to do it.

Thanks in advance for any information.

micahnelson
10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, tacky IMO. I've heard a lot of tacky suggestions for prosthelytizing. One of my least favorite is putting Ron Paul literature in kids' halloween bags. Tacky! If I found that in with my kid's halloween candy, it would totally turn me off to that candidate.

I think we should do a Food Drive on halloween in honor of Dr. Paul. Collect food for a food bank dressed as patriotic/colonial people, trade a gold chocolate coin and a flyer or something for a donation for our food drive.

Eli
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
yeah thats pretty tacky dude.